PDA

View Full Version : Per George Ofman...

Viva Magglio
12-12-2001, 03:03 PM
...the White Sox are "close" to trading for Darrin Erstad. George said he does not know, as of yet, who would be going to Anaheim from our side.

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...the White Sox are "close" to trading for Darrin Erstad. George said he does not know, as of yet, who would be going to Anaheim from our side.

I'll guess Singleton and Kip Wells going to Anaheim.

But knowing my guessing skills it will end up being Lee and Garland. Which would suck.

irish rover
12-12-2001, 03:14 PM
on another sox board, Bruce Levine is reporting that it is SIngelton, Garland and 2 minors, plus the sox are suppose to trade 2 minors for Todd Richie

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
on another sox board, Bruce Levine is reporting that it is SIngelton, Garland and 2 minors, plus the sox are suppose to trade 2 minors for Todd Richie

If we're not getting someone else besides Erstad we just got robbed big time. 4 players for 1? Ersatd is good but not that good.

cheeses_h_rice
12-12-2001, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

If we're not getting someone else besides Erstad we just got robbed big time. 4 players for 1? Ersatd is good but not that good.

:KW

You obviously haven't seen this David Erstaven kid play!

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 03:28 PM
Cheeses, I think you would agree with me when I say that 4 players for Erstad is just wrong.

NUCatsFan
12-12-2001, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
You obviously haven't seen this David Erstaven kid play!

*****!

cheeses_h_rice
12-12-2001, 03:33 PM
Cheeses, I think you would agree with me when I say that 4 players for Erstad is just wrong.

I'd still be on the fence even if it were just Garland + Singleton.

Singleton, whatever, he has no future on this team with Rowand already in the fold and Borchard on the way. He had a nice 2001 for which I am grateful, and he's still an above average fielding CF, but he is pretty expendable.

It's Garland that I worry about, obviously.

PLUS two minor leaguers is giving away too much, I think.

Kilroy
12-12-2001, 03:36 PM

This trade is crap. He should be dealing Wells, not Garland.

****. Hopefully this is more rumor than truth...

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I'd still be on the fence even if it were just Garland + Singleton.

Singleton, whatever, he has no future on this team with Rowand already in the fold and Borchard on the way. He had a nice 2001 for which I am grateful, and he's still an above average fielding CF, but he is pretty expendable.

It's Garland that I worry about, obviously.

PLUS two minor leaguers is giving away too much, I think.

Is Erstad a free agent after 2002? If I'm Williams I say that unless we can sign him now no deal. Well if it's Juilo Ramirez and some other putz then I don't care about the minor leaguers. If it's pitchers then it's worse.

irish rover
12-12-2001, 03:39 PM
due to potential miss information in that I did not hear the Levine story those two minors could be the ones going for Richie

Daver
12-12-2001, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
due to potential miss information in that I did not hear the Levine story those two minors could be the ones going for Richie

That would make more sense than 4 players for Erstad.

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by daver
That would make more sense than 4 players for Erstad.

Yes it would give them Kip Wells, Ginter and Singleton. Keep Garland and add Richie.

Daver on Kip Wells:
"That dog just won't hunt".

Daver
12-12-2001, 03:49 PM

Yes it would give them Kip Wells, Ginter and Singleton. Keep Garland and add Richie.

Daver on Kip Wells:
"That dog just won't hunt".

I would love to see Kip gone.

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by daver
I would love to see Kip gone.

Well I still like him, but not if it means trading Garland.