PDA

View Full Version : Cubune already raining on Sox Parade

ChiSoxPatF
10-17-2005, 01:58 AM
Checking the Cubune's website to see what BS they'd try THIS time, here is their number 2 article for tomorrow:

Guillen: Not in it for the money
Vague on whether he'd come back if Sox win it all

Talk about tryin to actually CREATE a distraction

Dub25
10-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Screw the Cubune, they are jealous. Plus, who cares, THE SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES.

jabrch
10-17-2005, 02:02 AM
Sudberry asked Ozzie that question after the game. He winked - and said, "I'll tell you after it happens."

This was in response to his statement a few weeks ago that he'd like to win it all and retire. I think that statement was made out of frustration - I doubt he's retiring any time soon.

Soxzilla
10-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Sudberry asked Ozzie that question after the game. He winked - and said, "I'll tell you after it happens."

This was in response to his statement a few weeks ago that he'd like to win it all and retire. I think that statement was made out of frustration - I doubt he's retiring any time soon.

....better than the question that Pat Boyle asked Kenny Williams.

As DJ would say...

"UH OH!"

PatK
10-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Well the Cubune's television branch WGN kind of started raining last night.

They threw in as many Cub references and plugs as humanly possible during the celebration coverage, even going as far (and as low) as saying that Sox fans are welcoming Cubs fans with open arms.

chitownhawkfan
10-17-2005, 10:39 AM

As DJ would say...

"UH OH!"

That was painful to watch, KW was pissed!

1951Campbell
10-17-2005, 10:49 AM
What did he ask KW?

Brian26
10-17-2005, 10:51 AM

As DJ would say...

"UH OH!"

Pat Boyle's lucky Kenny didn't knock his head off.

Brian26
10-17-2005, 10:53 AM
What did he ask KW?

Started asking about re-signing Konerko before Game 1 of the World Series. KW just said something like, "Man, don't bother me with that right now. I'm not going to answer that. We're trying to celebrate."

1951Campbell
10-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Started asking about re-signing Konerko before Game 1 of the World Series. KW just said something like, "Man, don't bother me with that right now. I'm not going to answer that. We're trying to celebrate."

That is utterly ridiculous.

maurice
10-17-2005, 11:30 AM
From media troll McGrath's article on the front cover of the news section of today's Trib: "displaced [Sox fans] haven't been particularly zealous about filling a ballpark to which they have been slow to warm."

Tomorrow's article: "Shades of 1919; Will the Sox Throw the Series Again?"

harwar
10-17-2005, 11:53 AM
they are so pitiful,like jealous spouses who just want to hurt the other.

pearso66
10-17-2005, 12:17 PM

I couldn't believe when he asked him that question. That was the most inappropriate time for him to ask that question

SOXPHILE
10-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Well the Cubune's television branch WGN kind of started raining last night.

They threw in as many Cub references and plugs as humanly possible during the celebration coverage, even going as far (and as low) as saying that Sox fans are welcoming Cubs fans with open arms.

We are ? That's news to me. Well, in my case, I do have both arms extended towards them, but I also have my hands extended towards them, and both of my middle fingers pointing up. So, yeah, I guess I do have open arms.:cool:

Lip Man 1
10-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Dan McGrath made a reference to attendence in his story in the Tribune today. I couldn't understand why it was there in the first place, the line had no bearing on last night.

Lip

SOXSINCE'70
10-17-2005, 09:23 PM
The Cub-Une can jump up and down like Herman Munster throwing
a fit (see below).I don't care;the Sox are in the WS.DEAL WITH IT,AMERICA!!:angry: :angry:

"DARN,DARN,DARN,DARN,DARN!!":whiner: :whiner: :whiner:
-Herman Munster (or the Cub-Une,now that "SOX-TOBER":rolleyes:
has become a reality)

JB98
10-18-2005, 01:05 AM
Checking the Cubune's website to see what BS they'd try THIS time, here is their number 2 article for tomorrow:

Guillen: Not in it for the money
Vague on whether he'd come back if Sox win it all

Talk about tryin to actually CREATE a distraction

This was on page 7 of the Cubune's special section. It's not a big deal. Half the people probably never read it.

Guillen has loose lips, and during a moment of frustration, he said he might walk away if the Sox win the WS. Now that we are actually in the WS, it shouldn't be surprising to have the topic brought up again. It won't be the last time Guillen will be asked about it. Ozzie started this. He has to deal with the questions, and he will.

The players aren't distracted by this stuff. Don't worry about it. When they are on the field, I highly doubt their minds are on things that Ozzie says in the papers.

As a fan base, we need to stop taking these slights from the media so personally. If we win the World Series, the championship banner will be flown proudly above U.S. Cellular Field for years to come. There's nothing any media member can write to take that away from us. Just relax and enjoy the success of the team. We don't need outside approval to know the Sox are a good team.

Chips
10-18-2005, 01:14 AM
:pee cubune