PDA

View Full Version : OT: Free Agents after this year?

jabrch
10-17-2005, 01:55 AM
Konerko
AJ (contract was one year with the promise to not offer arbitration)
Contreras?
Blum
Everett
Frank (assuming we buy him out)

Is that it?

BMac on his way in to the rotation in Duque's spot?
Can we keep Contreras?
What will PK get on the open market after this post season?
Will Frank and JR come to terms to keep him around - if he is healthy?
I'm sure KW will find a way to keep AJ
I'm sure Carl is gone

Given that we had at least 6 extra post season sellouts, plus better revenues all year, that should put us in a position to jack payroll up about 10mm. Anyone else interested in BJ Ryan?

I'm jazzed up about this year, but the cool thing is that this team is totally built for the long haul as well. Our farm is deep and talented, starting with McCarthy.

Chisox003
10-17-2005, 01:59 AM
I thought this was a thread speculating who we should get for next year.....:angry:

Honestly, I think this pennant guarantees that everybody on this team will be back next year .... For one, why would you ever want to leave THIS? And two, there's no way JR's gonna get stingy with the cash after this season.....

PK, AJ, Frank and JC for sure .... The others, well theyre here NOW, so let's get this thing done with and for them ... If they leave, at least they leave with a ring

Optipessimism
10-17-2005, 02:00 AM
I don't want to talk about guys leaving because this whole thing is still on, but I have to admit I'm very happy that we will be able to keep this core together. I'd like to see long term deals to AJ, PK, Contreras, and Garland and another three year extension for Pods and Iguchi, even though they aren't elligible for FA.

I have a great feeling about this offseason because I think JR will do his best to keep this team together and hopefully even pick up a couple extra pieces for the bullpen and bench so we can make some more great runs in the future.

jabrch
10-17-2005, 02:04 AM
I agree - the future is bright. I'm hoping the team is kept together, and even improved upon. Adding McCarthy and moving Duque to the pen will make this team better. That's scary - we won 99 games, are 7-1 so far in the playoffs - and we very well could be better next year.

GO GO SOX!