PDA

View Full Version : where were you when Sox won the championship

mike squires
10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Where and what were you doing when the Sox made the final out.

We bought a blow up air mattress and blew it up last night. Brooklynne was just put to bed and my wife and I were laying on it together with her head on my ches in the living room when Paulie touched the bag. I loved every minute of it but I'm still in that really calm state of mind. (I hope nothing has happened to me) IT doesn't seem normal!!!

antitwins13
10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
in my dorm room screaming out WHITE SOX WINNER WHITE SOX WINNER!

StockdaleForVeep
10-17-2005, 12:51 AM
In my townhouse blasting music

chisox56
in my apartment at purdue screaming, a white sox winner.

CubsfansareDRUNK
as they made the out, me and my friend snatched our sox flag, doused ourself in alcohol, and drove around, beeping the horn blasting WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS with a monkey with a string around it's neck :cool:

pearso66
10-17-2005, 12:52 AM
In my living room cheering loudly. GO SOX!!!!

Deuce
10-17-2005, 12:53 AM
In my living room writing a brief.

StockdaleForVeep
10-17-2005, 12:54 AM
my celebration music playlist

Go go whitesox
queen-another one bites the dust
queen-we are the champions
rush-one little victory
Sinatra-chicago
blues brothers-sweet home chicago

soxstarter
Watching it on tv with my girls (who stayed up entirely too late) but it was still sweet. We danced!

veeter
By myself in the family room. Everyone else sleeping upstairs. I'd kill to be at a party. But I'm still in heaven.

Viva Medias B's
In the family room!!!!

soxjim
10-17-2005, 12:55 AM
At my inlaws with 4 generations of SOX fans. The younger ones tackled each other. Some cried, some were loud, hard to believe I was speechless. looked up in the air and said "thank you" Then gave my wife a hug and kiss.

itsnotrequired
In the apartment with the wife and six week old son. They actually napped on the couch for most of the game but I woke them up for the final out.:D:

SOXintheBURGH
Watching with my sister at home. Mercy.

MrFurious
10-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Mother Hubbard's on Hubbard Street...

Huisj
10-17-2005, 12:58 AM
someone actually called me at the beginning of the 9th inning, and i was talking to them warning them that i might spontaneously erupt into celebration if something happened in the game . . . and sure enough, I went nuts, jumping up off the couch in my apartment and twirling around in circles while whooping and hooting out loud while still holding the phone by my mouth. Then I sat back down on the couch and was physically shaking and really couldn't put a complete thought together on the phone anymore after that. The other person was cracking up at how ridiculous I was, but who cares. GO SOX !!!!:D:

J Co
10-17-2005, 12:58 AM
I spent the final 3 innings pacing nervously around my apartment...

In the 8th inning I checked my pulse and it was close to 100. When they won I sat down in relief and exhaustion...

IotaNet
10-17-2005, 01:00 AM
At home in Minneapoils (Chicago boy who is here due to a Job transfer last year:(: ) but happy to be sharing the joy through WSI ... GO SOX!!!!!!

jenn2080
10-17-2005, 01:00 AM
I was at the bar I work with. My boss let me sit to watch the last few innings with some friends. I definately had tears of joy. I still cant believe it. HELL YA WE ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES

SoxFan78
10-17-2005, 01:01 AM
At my apt. in Elmhurst jumping and screaming while my gf was popping the champagne and breaking a glass!!

sas1974
10-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Players Bar & Grill on Ogden/Racine knocking down a celebratory Jager Bomb.

Foulke You
RAM sports bar in Rosemont. Lots of Sox fans in attendance and victory champagne to boot.:gulp:

SoxFan64
On the phone long distance talking to my sister back in 'burbs.

She had pulled out her 1983 Winning Ugly T-shirt and spoke fondly of the Chet Lemon years; I am more of a Ken Bery fan.

Still it was an "oh my God" moment. After the final out, I had WGN on cable and she had the local stations to tell me what was going on back home.

Say any air raid sirens? Fireworks at the Cell? No mention of it. But that would have been sweet.

Go White Sox, AL Champs!!!!!

Hondo
I spent the final 3 innings pacing nervously around my apartment...

In the 8th inning I checked my pulse and it was close to 100. When they won I sat down in relief and exhaustion...

Same here.
As soon as they won I fell down and cried a little bit. Then I called my brother who is an OTR truck driver.
He was out of range to hear the game.
He started beeping his horn and yelling,
"WE'RE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES"!!!

FedEx227
10-17-2005, 01:03 AM
at Roundheads Pizza/Pub with my friend Mike jumping up and down giving hugs to whoever the hell was there, then getting fireworks out of my car and launching them off.

RedPinStripes
10-17-2005, 01:03 AM
In my living room with my fiance drinking beers and finiashing off a bottle of jamesons whiskey as my phone recieved 20 messages.

palehozer
10-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Punchinello's on 31st. The South Side is crazy right now, I've never seen anything like it.

bayzbol44
10-17-2005, 01:05 AM
At Buffalo Wild Wings in Mt. Prospect. It was awesome!!! They were playing Sweet Home Chicago after the last out!!!

lbtigerfan
10-17-2005, 01:08 AM
at my brother-in-law's house (he's a big Angels fan, along with my brother), getting a phone call from my Ma saying... "They gone!" It was great. Unfortunately, I couldn't jump around and make noise because there were two youngins sleeping down the hall.

GO SOX!

LuvSox
10-17-2005, 01:10 AM
Right here at home with my favorite Sox fan, Mrs.LuvSox.

"Sweet Home Chicago" was cranked up, the shots were flowing, everybody I know was calling on the phone. **** YEAH!!!!!

Wsoxmike59
10-17-2005, 01:16 AM
On the phone with my wife Mrs. Wsoxmick59 who flew out to Boston today on business. She called a few times during the game, but the final call came in just in time for the bottom of the 9th inn!

When Konerko stepped on the bag for the final out, I dropped the phone and hugged my daughter and was screaming at the top of my lungs.....THE SOX WON THE PENNANT, I DON'T BELIEVE IT....THE SOX WON THE PENNANT!!!!

Damn that felt good!! 46 years of pent up frustration came out and now I can die a happy man. :D:

williefan22
10-17-2005, 01:18 AM
In my dorm room on my knees crying my eyes out in disbelief. Still in shock

MeteorsSox4367
10-17-2005, 01:19 AM
I was in the living room watching on TV and listening on the radio. Because of the delay, I heard Rooney announce Kotchman's grounder to Paulie before it happened on TV. I jumped up and down (no easy feat for someone who's 6-4 and 310 lbs.), hugged the dog and my Dad and then talked to my brother on the phone and we screamed at each other that we couldn't believe the Sox had won!

I'm numb, baby, numb. Sox Win!!!! Yessssssss!!!!

DSpivack
10-17-2005, 01:20 AM
In the living room of my on-campus apartment, alone. :?:

Could have gone to watch with several Sox fans, but did not!

I am stupid! :tongue:

kittle42
10-17-2005, 01:38 AM
With my mother in her kitchen on the NW side waiting to share some champagne.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-17-2005, 01:40 AM
WSI chat, just like the ALDS. :D: It's awesome being with WSIers, even if it's in a chat room!

fuzzy_patters
10-17-2005, 01:42 AM
I was in my wife's arms crying tears of joy. She was kind of shocked I was crying, but what the heck. I love my Sox.

nasox
10-17-2005, 01:49 AM
To me, though, it was all very anti-climatic. I knew we would win, it was just a matter of when. When it happened, I did a fist pump, gave my dad a hug, and closed my eyes to remember all those who were unfortunate to miss this game but are surely smiling in heaven right now. We were going to win, so I wasn't all crazy. But you bet if the sox win the series, I will be going nuts.

RedFoxSoxFan
10-17-2005, 01:53 AM
I was in my den with my father and on the phone laughing and screaming with my buddy who i converted to a whitesox fan back in middle school

Garland_IS_God
10-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Cork and Kerrys on 106th and Western with my boys Matt, Steve, Mike, Eddie, and my girl Ashley!! The Associated Press was there taking pictures of us celebrating but I haven't seen the pics yet. The guy told us to check Yahoo.com however I haven't seen the pics yet.

It was awesome walking down Western Avenue tonight. All the cars kept honking and Chicago Police were cheering all of us on. Its was a blast!! We bought cheap champagne and celebrated outside Brewbakers. Greatest time of my lif...until we win the World Series!!!

Frankfan4life
10-17-2005, 02:14 AM
I was in my car taking my grandson home. I was on 159th Street near LaGrange Road. As soon as the Sox got the last out, I started honking my horn and screaming.

Unfortunately, I forgot to tape the game and missed the last three innings. I will do ANYTHING (well, pretty close to it) for a tape of game five.

leetsox
10-17-2005, 02:18 AM
i was at game 5:bandance: :bandance:

pinwheels3530
10-17-2005, 02:25 AM
I was at Bourbon Street on the SouthSide with my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-17-2005, 02:37 AM
As with the last series clincher, I was back and forth between the screen room and family room. Wife watching on the love seat telling me to try and relax. She was standing by near the phone in case I needed an ambulance. After the 8th inning, I grabbed a few beers and put them in the freezer so they would be ice cold for the victory. I was already drinking beer but I wanted ice cold beer for when we won.

Celebrated with a big time hug and kiss from my wife proceeded by several beers!:gulp: :gulp:

rbeze09
10-17-2005, 02:44 AM
down here at franklin college with all boys that are diehard sox fans, screaming and running down the halls....this has been one helluva ride and the best part the best has yet 2 come....WE R GOIN @ THE D@mn WORLD SERIES!!! OZZIE GUILLEN FOR EL PRESIDENTE!!!!

doublem23
10-17-2005, 02:49 AM
In my frontroom... Immediately after, I went outside to the courtyard by my apartment building and a few other Sox fans were out there on the phone and whoopin' it up. My favorite Sox jersey (Mike Sirotka home pinstripes) now reeks of cigars and champagne, but it was so worth it.

:bandance:

ctocsoxfan
10-17-2005, 02:49 AM
At the game w/my daughter...we and a few hundred fans stayed
at Angel Stadium 'til they started kicking us out around 10pm...The
Sox started coming back onto the field after celebrating in the clubhouse
for a few...it was great!!!!

StyleBlazin
10-17-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm at work (3rd shift), thankfully the fitness room has DirectTV so I watched the whole thing. When they won I called everyone I knew in Chi-Town.

JimRivera
10-17-2005, 03:10 AM
:bandance: ...ran to my den to tape the last out after watching the game on the big TV in the living room...called both my brothers...one in Indiana and one on the South Side...toasted the pennant with a can of soda cuz I drank my share of alcohol all up years ago! Beer was 40 cents a cup at my first Sox game (1963)(Hamm's) but I was just a kid then. Years later I used to eat and drink at Jim Rivera's Captain's Cabin restaurant in Angola , Indiana , on Crooked Lake...his bar there was "Screwball's Lounge". Jim was on the '59 pennant winners . Always used to stop at Schaller's Pump on 37th and Halsted for a "butt steak" and some draft beer...old Jack Schaller and later Jay Schaller always served up a good cold glass of Old Style...always had a David Berg corned beef and that great Augsburger draft in 1983...still miss old Comiskey but am finally getting over it, at least enough to enjoy The Cell. I actually played a game there at old Comiskey in 1968 on a travelling team when the Sox were in Detroit...old Willie Thompson gave us kids old sanitary hose to use and let us pine tar our bats! Anybody remember Sam Batt's restaurant in the lower level of The New Michigan Hotel ? That place used to be called The Lexington and was Capone's HQ! Ya gotta love Chicago!!!!!:rolleyes:

CHISOXFAN13
10-17-2005, 03:12 AM
I've been to three games, all wins.

I've watched four games at Bourbon Street, all wins, including tonight.

I, like others, was doused with beer and never envisioned enjoying it like I did.

Craziness.

RetireWoodys28
10-17-2005, 03:20 AM
:bandance: ...ran to my den to tape the last out after watching the game on the big TV in the living room...called both my brothers...one in Indiana and one on the South Side...toasted the pennant with a can of soda cuz I drank my share of alcohol all up years ago! Beer was 40 cents a cup at my first Sox game (1963)(Hamm's) but I was just a kid then. Years later I used to eat and drink at Jim Rivera's Captain's Cabin restaurant in Angola , Indiana , on Crooked Lake...his bar there was "Screwball's Lounge". Jim was on the '59 pennant winners . Always used to stop at Schaller's Pump on 37th and Halsted for a "butt steak" and some draft beer...old Jack Schaller and later Jay Schaller always served up a good cold glass of Old Style...always had a David Berg corned beef and that great Augsburger draft in 1983...still miss old Comiskey but am finally getting over it, at least enough to enjoy The Cell. I actually played a game there at old Comiskey in 1968 on a travelling team when the Sox were in Detroit...old Willie Thompson gave us kids old sanitary hose to use and let us pine tar our bats! Anybody remember Sam Batt's restaurant in the lower level of The New Michigan Hotel ? That place used to be called The Lexington and was Capone's HQ! Ya gotta love Chicago!!!!!:rolleyes:

:supernana: THE WHITE SOX WIN THE PENNANT!:supernana:

Cheers! :gulp:

Chrisaway
10-17-2005, 03:21 AM
At work screaming "hawk style" YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FoulkeTheIndians
10-17-2005, 03:30 AM
I was stuck in traffic on my way to a Dropkick Murphys concert in San Francisco. When Paulie made the last out I started screaming "WE'RE GOING TO THE SERIES!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE SERIES!!!" at the top of my lungs. My girlfriend was kinda scared that I'd crash the car but oh well. Then I got on the phone and called my brothers and all my friends back home. I'll never forget it.

4 more wins.

Coolpapa
10-17-2005, 03:33 AM
I was at work bartending, no one got my attention for awhile, after a minute or so of watching the celebration I poured jagermeister for everyone. God bless all of those Sox fans nearest our hearts who cannot be with us tonight!

SouthSideHitman
10-17-2005, 03:34 AM
I'm on fall break from school right now and I'm visiting my girlfriend at college. So I was in Delaware, Ohio, screaming every time the Sox did anything ("FOUR MORE OUTS" "THREE MORE OUTS" "THE SOX WINN!!!!" etc.) I blasted Go, Go, Go White Sox on reapeat for five times after they won, then Sweet Home Chicago. Everyone thinks that I'm crazy here, but screw them, we just WON THE PENANNT!!!!!!!!!!!

SOX LA Mikey
10-17-2005, 03:49 AM
Timothy O'Toole's

......and Crying like a ***** and proud of it!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: 3 Days in Disneyland

MUsoxfan
10-17-2005, 03:52 AM
I was at my buddy's place in the South Loop....after the Sox won everyone was out on their balconies cheering and banging pots and pans. It's a day I'll never forget

chisoxfanatic
10-17-2005, 03:54 AM
At puffers with about 65-70 other Sox fans all going crazy!!! TOTAL partay!!!

WE WANT MORE...COWBELL!!!

IronFisk
10-17-2005, 03:58 AM
Hmmm, let's see...

Oh yeah, I was at PUFFERS for an absolute freakin' BLOWOUT of a time! BIG PROPS to ChiSoxFanatic for turning a lonely Hoosier on to the BEST BAR IN BRIDGEPORT! Oh yeah, Hangar18 TAPED THE WHOLE thing - be ready for this!

The Sun-Times photographer hung with us all the way through - SEE IT TOMORROW...THAT'S US!

After the game, a bunch of us ran up and down the insane streets of Bridgeport, running into the street and slapping hands with what seemed to be an endless stream of fans! Surreal!

Great stuff...and just for you ChiSoxFanatic...check the new sig!

Thank you White Sox...know let's BRING IT HOME!!!

henchmanUK
10-17-2005, 04:59 AM
In bed! It was five in the morning in London when the SOX WON THE PENNANT!

FiskHickeyZisk
10-17-2005, 07:11 AM
I was sitting in the living room of the home I just bought and moved into putting together a dresser. The whole thing just doesn't seem real. Somebody pinch me...I must be dreaming!

My 9 year son is going crazy! He sat and watched every play off game with me thus far waiting to see his grandpa (Kevin Hickey) on tv. This is great! I can't wait till they win the World Series!!!

krohnjw
10-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Stuck in NC :angry:

At least I got phone calls from friends back home to harass me for being here and not there. :rolleyes:

Kittle'sNeighbor
10-17-2005, 08:09 AM
I was at the Alamo Saloon in Fountain Hills, Arizona with 10 other Sox fans. I'm still crying reading this thread. Cigars, Champagne & a jukebox full of every Chicago song you could imagine. Thought I was in Bridgeport. I can't believe it, we're going to the World Series! Wish my Pops could have seen it. GoSox!

1951Campbell
10-17-2005, 08:13 AM
At home on the couch.

mpshans
10-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Dancing in the living room with my wife

:bandance: :bandance:

Cat Thief
10-17-2005, 09:21 AM
After the game, a bunch of us ran up and down the insane streets of Bridgeport, running into the street and slapping hands with what seemed to be an endless stream of fans! Surreal!

Great stuff...and just for you ChiSoxFanatic...check the new sig!

Thank you White Sox...know let's BRING IT HOME!!!

Bridgeport was unreal last night. Outside the park was crazy until they blocked 35th off at Wallace and at the Ryan.

We went up and down 31st, up and down Wallace,Lowe and Halsted. It was a truly an amazing sight. The cops were cool about everything that was going on.

Outside the park a WGN reporter and cameraman came up to me and asked if they could ask me some questions and I responded " Sorry, I don't do channel 9."

ChiSoxGirl
10-17-2005, 09:23 AM
I was at Puffers with some of the greatest Sox fans I have ever known- Hangar18, chisoxfanatic, chisoxmike, IronFisk, The Dude, Chips, cheeses_h_rice, PINWHEELS, longshot, etc. I apologize if I forgot anyone- I'm operating on 2 1/2 hours of sleep! You guys are absolutely awesome and made watching the Clincher with you, the Core of the Core, something I'll always remember.

The atmosphere I was able to be a part of last night is something I will never, ever forget. We walked from Puffers down to Grandstand and I relished every second of it, capturing as much as I could with my digital camera before the battery died on me. Hangar18 had his video camera running the entire night and, no doubt, has many timeless memories on tape forever. We were walking in the middle of the street high-fiving people hanging out of cars and those stopped in bumper-to-bumper traffic at 11:30p in Bridgeport. Words can't describe how I felt last night... or how I feel right now.

Last night was the greatest night of my life as a Sox fan. I cried when that last out was made and the only words I seemed to be able to get out of my mouth were "OH MY GOD!" Let's hope this is just the beginning of the greatest days of our lives as Sox fans. :bandance:

Uncle_Patrick
10-17-2005, 09:31 AM
I was in my apartment with my wife, brother, friend and his wife and we were all celebrating!

downstairs
10-17-2005, 09:39 AM
The funny thing is I haven't gone completely nuts (other than the playoff games I've actually been at...)

It is almost as if it is not happening.

Risk
10-17-2005, 09:39 AM
I was at the Carraugh in Schaumburg. Watching the Sox win the AL pennant and having a couple o' pints of Guinness with my friend Leathers, who is shipping out to Afghanistan this morning. Talk about a hell of a night, and a hell of a hangover--12 pints of Guinness will do that to you.:gulp: :D:

Risk

Bump34
10-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Poolside in Florida... and dousing my wife with champagne... because she gets to go to games 1 and 2!!!

Congrats to the White Sox and all you White Sox fans... you deserve it!!!

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-17-2005, 09:53 AM
In my living room, on my phone with my brother who was in Newport Beach...he's a Yankee fan who admittedly was blown away with how they played. As I began to cry, we talked about how to work out who was gonna try and buy WS tickets.

TomBradley72
10-17-2005, 10:14 AM
In my home with my wife (who delayed a trip out of town to share the moment) and our yellow lab....who was freaking out over all of the yelling, screaming and clapping. Luckily he was conditioned to all of this by the Bulls and the Fighting Illini last winter. :cool:

We popped the champagne, talked to friends and family across the country, played our "Let Go White Sox" CD (courtesy of Beverly Records) and laughed at how the players, Ozzie and KW wanted to pretty much blow off the media and get to the party. Finally went to sleep around 2am. Getting the newspaper this morning was like Christmas morning.

SOXPHILE
10-17-2005, 10:17 AM
At Shoeless Joe's in Rosemont, yelling at the top of my lungs when Paul stepped on the bag. Good crowd of Sox fans there. This morning, I got all 3 papers (Trib, Sun Times, Daily Herald) to put away and save forever. I saw the picture in the times taken at Puffers. Is that you cheeses h. rice in back in the red shirt ?

Etownsox13
10-17-2005, 10:18 AM
With my girlfriend in front of the tv. We each drank a Miller Lite after the final out

tdh11
10-17-2005, 10:18 AM
In Idaho.... like always

kidney for trade for airfare to Chi-town and ticket to game 1 or 2

The Critic
10-17-2005, 10:25 AM
I was at work. I set the TVs in the building to Fox, then went to our main conference room and put on the big screens. ( I had to do some work in the room anyway, so I wasn't slacking!! :D: )
When the Angels came up in the bottom of the 9th I called my wife so we could "watch it together". Okay, at that point I guess I was slacking.:redneck
We talked for a couple minutes after the game about how absolutely freakin' unbelievable this is, and then I went back to work.

CHIsoxNation
10-17-2005, 10:53 AM
I was at Fat Sams in Orland Park. Free shots and champagne were passed out after the victory!!!

DoubleO
10-17-2005, 10:56 AM
At home with the future wife!!!!!

starboy0
10-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Pacing in my back yard listening to the radio. Just couldn't take the Angel lovers on Fox.

vegyrex
10-17-2005, 11:25 AM
I was in my living room. When Paulie got the last out I jumped up and down all over my house screaming "WE DID IT, WE DID IT!!!!!!!"
Then I started thinking about my late aunt. She took me to my first sox game and I wished she could be here for this.

GO SOX!!!!!!!

harwar
10-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Pacing in my back yard listening to the radio. Just couldn't take the Angel lovers on Fox.

Yea,i had John & Ed coming in over the speakers outside and blasting it over the lake so everyone could hear.

TDog
10-17-2005, 11:36 AM
In my apartment, listening to the game on the radio, with the WSI chat room up on my computer. Otherwise, I would have been alone.

eriqjaffe
10-17-2005, 11:50 AM
I was at my parents' house in Schaumburg, watching the game with my folks - my dad took me to Sox games all the time when I was a kid, even though we were way out in the NW 'burbs - I couldn't imagine being anywhere else for it.

Baby Fisk
10-17-2005, 12:58 PM
My living room in Toronto. As Konerko recorded the out, I near-simultaneously:

- roared like a madman
- pumped fists feverishly
- pressed play on the CD remote and started blasting Andrew W.K.
- popped open a bottle of champagne
- performed some obscene booty-shaking

moochpuppy
10-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Sitting in my sports room wearing my Sox hat under my Bears blanket and wondering all along if this was all real.

The Dude
10-17-2005, 01:30 PM
At Puffers with all my good WSI buddies! Great ****ing time!

wmc
10-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Driving on I-405...
I was returning to Orange County with my family after a weekend trip to Sacramento. I was hoping the Sox would score a couple of more runs and the game would go on long enough for me to get home in time to see the 9th.

It was good to hear it on the radio, even though it was the Angels broadcasting crew. They did a pretty good job giving the Sox props where they were due.

You might ask why I didn't go to any games. We planned this trip before the season ended. I was bummed when I realized that I would miss a chance to see them in Anaheim, but I am just happy they played so well and won convincingly.

PushnThaEscalade
10-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I was at my dorm room at good old Knoxville College lol.

Droso5
10-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Sitting at my buddies off-campus house down here in Cubs/Cardinals Country....i.e. Eastern Illinois University. We kept saying to eachother...."Uh guys, the Sox are going to the World Series...." And right after the final out, literally 2 seconds, you hear all the White Sox fans screaming outside, banging pots and pans etc, I think I even spotted one drunken mob waiving a sox winning ugly flag around around campus....it was priceless.

XplodingScorbord
10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
In my living room, sick as a dog, but feeling good for my White Sox!

DannyCaterFan
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
At the Blarney Stone bar in Oak Forest with my wife and about 100 other crazy , screaming fans. Without a doubt, this was the greatest night of my 46 years of being a Sox fan!

Pulaski
10-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Union Park Lounge in the West Loop. We had the Champagne flowing!!

The place was rocking!!!!!

billyvsox
10-17-2005, 03:34 PM
At home here in Phoenix, counting down the outs after we took the lead 4-3, falling to the floor after the last out, a mist in my eyes, then popping the champagne with my wife and daughter, and watching the celebration.

Vivid memories of the post game.

1) Carl Everett searching for his wife in the crowd.
2) AJ - Crede - Rowand (Stooges) posing for pictures together.
3) Coop and the 4 starters smoking cigars for a photo shoot.
4) Ozzie's kid translating for Contreras at the press conference.
5) Politte saying "I love everyone in here"
6) Pods quote of "They took a big chance trading for me, and i'm so happy right now"
7) Me passing out in my 4 year-olds room at 2 am ripped on champagne and Cheeto's.

kevin57
10-17-2005, 03:38 PM
I was at a bar in Key West. Only the wedding of one of my closest friends would have dragged me away from my beloved Chitown during such an important moment.

Anyway, I located the one other Sox fan on the island. Hell, only two bars had the game on! Most had "60 Minutes" on! :kukoo:

Anyway, we were being looked at like madmen as we cheered throughout the game. The bar didn't even give us a complimentary round once we won. :angry: Red Sox fans, damn them.

Nothing was going to dampen my mood though. It was a moment in a place I'll never forget. :bandance:

ChiSoxRowand
10-17-2005, 03:39 PM
I was in my basement watching the tape of the game (I had to work) and it still hasn't hit me yet.

SABRSox
10-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I was at Angel Stadium, 4 rows behind the Sox bullpen. Whoooo!!!! Best Sox game I've ever attended, hands down!

Sox Army was out in force. I would say we might have had at least a thousand Sox fans there, wearing Silver and Black. I even saw a nice Sox contingent at the Portillo's in Buena Park before the game (and a ticket scalper too...)

It was so awesome watching the guys from the bullpen storm out and run out to the mound. Unbelieveable sight. I've waited a long time for that moment...

The only negative on the night was the Angels ushers trying to keep Sox fans from gathering behind the Sox dugout to celebrate after the game. Grumpy old men, probably upset that the Angels lost. We found ways around them anyway. I wasn't going to miss a champagne shower for anything.

In the parking lot, more champagne celebrations with some of the fans. Fantastic night. 3 rally monkey sightings, but it only worked in the 5th inning. The crowd DIED when Rowand scored the go-ahead run in the 8th. Some Angels fans left after that, and that was a shame, because the Angels deserved better of their fans than that.

GO SOX!!!

ilsox7
10-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Finn McCool's in Chicago. Sober. Being interviewed by the Sun Times. Think I got home around 6 this morning.

Still pinching myself!

ferdinandshen
10-17-2005, 04:08 PM
in my living room with my wife while preparing the dinner. the sox goes 8-0 when I am wearing my "battle outfit" (jersey+cap+t-shirt). if they win it all this time, I'll hang them wrapped and put these things in my closet.

eastchicagosoxfan
10-17-2005, 08:31 PM
I was jumping up and down in the living room. I explained to my Polish girlfriend that the victory was the equivalent ( at least ) of playing for the soccer world cup title. She then went and got me another piwo.

SoxSpeed22
10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
My late grandfather was an infant. Remember, a pennant is nice, but to me, we've won nothing yet. We just have to do our **** and take out whoever comes out of the NL.

flo-B-flo
10-17-2005, 09:15 PM
First of all **** the National league. I was in my "media room" watching and taping the game. Then it was straight to the fetal position

spawn
10-17-2005, 09:18 PM
I was at home on the couch. When they won, I let out a muted scream, then went outside and yelled at the top of my lungs, first in the front of the house and tehn the back. I'm surrounded by Cub fans, so I had to make sure they all knew!:D:

walsh19
10-17-2005, 09:47 PM
I WAS THERE! Edison Field, SECTION V410, ROW A! I was shaking & screaming! I have video! My girl friend was sane enough to take video!!! I will be posting it somehow to the photo gallery in the next couple of days! It felt AWESOME! There were many White Sox fans there and we all gathered around the Sox dug-out! A night I will never ever forget! Each and every White Sox player graciously acknowledged the crowd! We shared in the celebration with the American League Champs!!! You could literally smell the cigars & champagne of VICOTRY!

krispoulin
10-17-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm a sound tech for touring bands for a living. I was practically in Siberia when they clinched. The tour I'm on had a day off in Montreal, where I had to walk 45 minutes to the nearest place showing the game. I had typed "sports bar Montreal" into Google and this was the closest place to where I was that assured me that they'd be showing it. I got there and it wasn't a bar at all, but a cafe. Yes, a sports cafe, with the game on 4 of their 5 televisions. I drank coffee and watched the Sox clinch amongst a changing cast of people who couldn't have cared less; readers, studying folks, couples. No more than 10 seconds after Konerko fielded the final out the old man in charge of cleaning the place asked me in French, "Is it over? Can I turn it off now?" I saw only the early beginnings of the piling on and jumping around that I can only assume took place around the mound in Anaheim.

soxfan123
10-17-2005, 10:12 PM
I was with my buddies in my basement. I was standing in the back, nervous as hell, pacing, with my friends, who aren't as intense as I am, comfortably enjoying the game. When Konerko fielded that ball I went nuts. I even tackled my friend on the couch. What a feeling. I will never forget it.

MikeW
10-17-2005, 10:18 PM
In the family room in Stratford,CT with my 2 boys. The wife came in for the last 3 outs. A lot of hugging and crying. Phones ringing. I never thought I would ever be around to see it. Was going to set off some fireworks, but figured the Yankee and Red Sox fans would call the cops. I'll save them for a couple of weeks...:bandance:

Chips
10-17-2005, 10:47 PM
I was at Puffers with The Dude, Iron Fisk, Cheeses H Rice, chisoxfantic, chisoxgirl, Hangar, chisoxmike and a bunch of others.

IronFisk
10-18-2005, 12:50 AM
I was at Puffers with The Dude, Iron Fisk, Cheeses H Rice, chisoxfantic, chisoxgirl, Hangar, chisoxmike and a bunch of others.

Don't forget doing the "Bridgeport 5K" with me in the streets!

AWESOME!!! :bandance:

chisoxmike
10-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Puffers during the game, 35th street for the celebration!!!!

Let me tell you, the bar went up for grabs for the final out! Beer flowing everywhere, my hat is still wet. Unreal expierence. me, chips, the dude, chisoxfanatic, hangar18, ironfisk running down the streets high fiving everybody was great. Words really can't describe!

The best is yet to come! 4 more wins! Then the real party begins.

Hey fisk-- I have a fever....

Lisa
10-18-2005, 01:42 AM
At home in Hyde Park, jumping up and down on the couch, yelling, crying, and trying to field phone calls at the same time. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

AZChiSoxFan
10-18-2005, 02:02 PM
At the game with my wife. Easily the best game I have ever attended!! It was a wonderful night!!!

mattcoz
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
I was in a barn in Iowa... honestly. My cousin was brilliant enough to schedule her wedding on Sunday, with her reception going through the night. I was able to sneak in a 5" portable black & white tv though and got to see it.

Saturday night though was an omen, as I was sitting there waiting for the game to start I flipped through the channels and what did I see? Field of Dreams was on and Ray was talking about Shoeless Joe Jackson.

"If you build it..."
Ozzie and Kenny built the team.

"Go the distance."
All four of our pitchers went the distance.

"Ease his pain."
We won the pennant!!

So as I was jumping for joy in Iowa as my Sox were headed to the World Series, I thought to myself "maybe this is heaven."

Then I threw back a few more drinks. :gulp:

OzzieBall
10-18-2005, 04:18 PM
I was in a barn in Iowa... honestly. My cousin was brilliant enough to schedule her wedding on Sunday, with her reception going through the night. I was able to sneak in a 5" portable black & white tv though and got to see it.

Saturday night though was an omen, as I was sitting there waiting for the game to start I flipped through the channels and what did I see? Field of Dreams was on and Ray was talking about Shoeless Joe Jackson.

"If you build it..."
Ozzie and Kenny built the team.

"Go the distance."
All four of our pitchers went the distance.

"Ease his pain."
We won the pennant!!

So as I was jumping for joy in Iowa as my Sox were headed to the World Series, I thought to myself "maybe this is heaven."

Then I threw back a few more drinks. :gulp:

What a great first post. Welcome to WSI.

I was at my parent's home in Chicago, North Side. I am one of the few, the proud, the North Side Sox fans. My dad and his sisters were raised on the west side as strict Sox fans and my brother, mom and I have followed suit. We sat in our living room tensely awaiting that final ground ball to Paulie.

Baseball, unlike all the rest of the sports, brings families together. From little league to world series trips, my family is helped by this great sport.

To the 2005 American League Champion Chicago White Sox. :gulp:

Chisox353014
10-18-2005, 04:26 PM
At 115 Bourbon Street with 5 friends and an airplane hangar full of delirious Sox fans.
-Saw all the reporters doing their live feeds. Some fans were giving the Channel 9 guy some Trib-related ribbing. Gave Lou Canellis a high five and was in the sea of people that was on TV.
-Drove triumphantly through the south side to Puffer's. Saw Hangar filming people on his camera as we doused each other with champagne.
-Ended up with a trip to Lazo's and a mean hangover that was already starting at 3:00 in the morning. :gulp:

mattcoz
10-18-2005, 04:43 PM
What a great first post. Welcome to WSI.

I was at my parent's home in Chicago, North Side. I am one of the few, the proud, the North Side Sox fans.
Thanks, I too am a North Side Sox Fan, just moved up here earlier this summer. Very nice being just a short walk and an L-ride away from the park. But I leave for one weekend and look what happens.

:tongue:

RetireWoodys28
10-18-2005, 05:06 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/poetrychurch/covertuesday.jpg

That's me at Cork & Kerry, approximately 1.7 seconds after Paulie stepped on 1st. The funny thing is, the RedEye lists me as "Larry Ligas." That's not even close to my name. How much more of a "Sox Fan moment" can this be for me???

Ya' gotta love the media in Chicago!

GO SOX!

miker
10-18-2005, 06:49 PM
:mad: I was in a hotel room in Saginaw, MI because every restaurant and bar had closed early on Sunday night. Thankfully, gas stations that sell beer are still open. :gulp:

I might have scared some of the other hotel patrons as I leaped out of my bed screaming "NO, NO, NO!!!" when Escobar missed the tag on A.J. Thankfully the umps reversed the call correctly.:o:

When Konerko stepped on first and Contreras jumped into his arms I sat there forever, momentarily unable to believe it. Thankfully, it has sunk in -- our White Sox are the American League Champions!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

slobes
10-18-2005, 07:18 PM
I was in my basement, screaming my head off.

This is getting annoying; first, the Sox clinch the division in Detroit. Then we win the ALDS in Boston. Next we win the ALCS in Anaheim. I wanna see us win something at home! Although that doesn't mean I want them to lose a few games, if the Sox sweep them I wouldn't be too disappointed :rolleyes:

SoxFan76
10-18-2005, 08:23 PM
I was in my apartment with some friends. When the final out was recorded I was screaming and hugging everyone. Then soon after random friends came walking through my door to celebrate with us. It was awesome. Then I went on the balcony and started screaming Go Sox and things of that sort. People around the area were all screaming (Eco Park for those NIU-folk). People were setting off fireworks, it was truly amazing.

Then about an hour later I came into my room and found Rooney's call of the last out. Then I cried.

chisox77
10-18-2005, 08:32 PM
I was in my living room, watching the White Sox, and I stood up from the seventh inning on, pacing back and forth, working off the energy and anticipation, and then the final out came . . . and I shouted for joy as the Sox quickly celebrated - I also felt proud to be a White Sox fan as Fox showed tape of Comiskey in 1959, and footage of the GoGo Sox celebrating their pennant victory. Then I soaked up all of the TV coverage there was - flipping back and forth through all of the channels, and then I sat there, in my chair, and thought to myself . . .

. . . WOW - THE WHITE SOX ARE AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

A BIG FLAG WILL LOOK COOL WHEN IT WILL BE RAISED AT THE CELL IN 06
(AMERICAN LEAGUE AND WORLD SERIES)

DumpJerry
10-19-2005, 03:22 PM
It still has not registered with the rational side of my brain that the Sox have made it to the World Series. The fact that the weather here has been somewhat warm makes it feel like it is May or June with baseball games four or five days a week. The fact that there is no news on the Cubs does not seem out of place to me since I ignore them anyway.

People who are either Cub fans or non-baseball fans have been congratulating me as if I did it. Kinda weird, but since I waited 35 years, since I was 8 years old, for last Sunday, it does feel like I worked at making it happen.

So.....Sunday night. I was at a bar with 7 or 8 friends. The bar was not crowded, but everyone there was there for the game. When good things happened in the game, we would make enough noise to make it exciting. I won't go into the details of the game, you know them already.

Around the 8th inning, one of the guys at the bar started up with the "X outs to the World Series!" proclamations. I ran over and asked him firmly, with a smile, to stop because of what happened last that countdown was done for a Chicago team. He agreed and stopped. Then came the Bottom of the Ninth.

When the final frame of the final inning started, the bar got quiet. Real quiet. One out. No response from anyone. I'm pacing all over the bar, eyes glued to the TV, silently watching the game.

Two outs. Still all quiet in the bar. Ground ball, Konerko up with it, a couple of short easy steps later, he steps on First to launch the White Sox into the World Series. Sox win. For a few moments, it feels like all the other wins this year. Then it hits. THE WHITE SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bar erupted in whoops and hollers as we high five and hug each other. Two guys ran outside with giant White Sox flags and ran back and forth on the sidewalk yelling at the top of their lungs. I am happy, yet still in disbelief. After 20 minutes or so of watching the replays and celebrations on the television, all my friends except for Tedd leave.

They then showed the scene in Bridgeport. The police had blocked off some of the streets. I turned to Tedd and said "we need to get to Comiskey tonight." Tedd agreed and off we trotted to my car to drive down there. I mentioned that we could drop in at Grandstand for our new shirts, Tedd was agreeable.

As we drove to Comiskey, we listened to the post-game on ESPN 1000 and it is a party! Outside, there are no outward signs that The Day We Have All Been Waiting For has finally arrived until I got on the Dan Ryan and I saw the 35th Street exit ahead of me. The 35th Street exit was blocked by road flares, Illinois Dept. of Trans tow trucks, Illinois State Police cars and Chicago Police cars. I told Tedd we'd get off at Pershing and cut up Wallace to Grandstand and then head to Comiskey. After that, we'll watch monkeys fly.

I got off at Pershing (39th Street) and headed west to Wallace. There were several other cars with me and as we approach the railroad viaduct some cars coming the other way were waving Sox flags and banners and honking horns. Those of us heading west honk right back. Then we turn up Wallace into the parking lot otherwise known as Wallace Street. The traffic is barely moving northbound as we were honking non-stop, hanging out of car windows yelling and waving Sox banners, flags and shirts. Southbound cars were doing the same thing. Nobody was sleeping on Wallace that night. After a couple of blocks, I turned off and made my way over to Halsted and headed up Halsted towards 35th Street. We can saw that 35th was a zoo, so I figured we'dl continue up Halsted. Tedd reported that there were three helicopters overhead.

Of course Halsted was a zoo, too. People were pouring out of Puffers and other places in full blown celebration mode. As I worked my up Halsted, I spotted ChiSoxGirl and Chisoxfanatic high fiving cars on the other side of the street. I pulled into a parking spot and Tedd and I got out to walk over to Grandstand and try to catch up with the WSIers I saw.

Walking down 35th Street was the best part of post-game evening. Strangers were congratulating each other, the houses were all decked out in Sox signs and little old ladies were on the front steps waving Sox flags and yelling at the top of their lungs! Despite all the noisy commotion, there was order. A lot of people were with kids and the police presence was heavy, but not heavy-handed. At 35th and Wallace, there was a massive crowd. I ran into ChiSoxGirl and Chisoxfanatic and we gave each other big grateful hugs. The electricity in the air was high voltage as years and years of frustration was being released. Every now and then the crowd breaks into the "Let's Go White Sox" chant and car horns were blaring non-stop. I kept thinking about what the crowd would look like if the game had been at Comiskey, given how big it was without the benefit of 40,000+ coming from the ballpark. Having the helicopters overhead added to the excitement.

At one point, I turned to Tedd and suggested we head to Comiskey. A guy who overheard me informed me that the area around Comiskey was sealed off. We thought it was bad idea at first because we could be in Lot B out of harm's (traffic) way, but realize that the Sox would have a major headache if someone got hurt there.

After half an hour or so at 35th and Wallace, Tedd and I headed back to the car and I drove him home. The further we got from the area, the more quiet it became (it was already about 11:00 on a Sunday night).

It was a great experience and I am looking forward to repeating it next Wednesday!

MarySwiss
10-19-2005, 03:51 PM
As a faraway fan, I'm happy to be able to enjoy these posts! Many of them, such as DumpJerry's, really made me visualize how great it must have been to be there.

:threadrules:

Chez
10-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately, I had to leave for Detroit Sunday evening for two days of business meetings. I changed my original flight time to a 6:45 departure. I asked and the pilot put the game on the in-flight radio. As soon as I left the plane, I put on my walkman and was able to pick up ESPN 1000 -- so I only missed a half inning of the play by play. I made it to my hotel by the bottom of the third. It was kind of weird watching the greatest moment in Sox history alone in a hotel room, but my cell phone rang non stop and I felt like I shared the moment with my family and closest friends. I celebrated by raiding the mini- bar in my hotel room and pouring a beer on my head. While Detroit tradition calls for celebrating by setting a car on fire, I decided against it! I missed the local coverage -- but it was still a terrific evening.

manders_01
10-19-2005, 04:24 PM
I was in my living room, pacing during the 9th. As soon as we won, I started jumping up and down and screaming. I called my dad shortly afterwards (where I got my love of the Sox from) and we screamed at each other for a bit. When I finally got off the phone, I was hoarse for the rest of the night!

I'm looking forward to being with other Sox fans (once I find them out here in Denver) for the rest of the post-season.

bennyw41
10-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Cornelia and Seminary, at a friends house, a block away from the vacant shrine.

mslinky
10-22-2005, 04:35 PM
I was there for the final out.

White_Sock
10-22-2005, 05:25 PM
I was at the restaurant I work at in CA with my eyes glued to the bar TV set. As soon as Konerko stepped on the bag I started picking people up around me and hugging them. Then i ran into the kitchen screaming "THE WHITE SOX ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES! THE WHITE SOX ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!" Then I proceeded to pick random people up and spin them around until I realized that my table was waiting for their bill. Then I calmly walked up to them and said "Have a great night guys!" with a gigantic grin on my face. As soon as I got back into the kitchen I started up again, "THE SOX HAVE WON THE PENNANT!" THEY"RE GOING TO THE SERIES!" I think I have created an entire restaurant of people who proclaim to like the Sox as their second best team accept for the butthurt Angels' fans.