PDA

View Full Version : ONLY Complaint thread

StockdaleForVeep
10-17-2005, 12:44 AM
I say crede shoulda got mvp but DONT MATTER!

Deuce
10-17-2005, 12:48 AM
No way. A.J. :wink:

StockdaleForVeep
10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
CREDE=http://biblia.com/jesusm/samson-1.jpg

His long hair has given him his new power, he hit amazingly beginning of season with the mutton chops, then cut it, slumped and went dl, now hes got the hair flowing again!

Optipessimism
10-17-2005, 01:20 AM
AJ, Paulie, Iguchi, Crede, Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, Contreras, Pods, Carl, Uribe...

I think they all should pose for a picture with that ALCS MVP Trophy

DSpivack
10-17-2005, 01:21 AM
My only complaint is...myself! For watching alone and not with fellow Sox fans!

Chicago
10-17-2005, 01:21 AM
AJ, Paulie, Iguchi, Crede, Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, Contreras, Pods, Carl, Uribe...

I think they all should pose for a picture with that ALCS MVP Trophy

Yes... AGREED... a complete team MVP trophy pic...

CLR01
10-17-2005, 01:43 AM
The only complaint is we have to wait until Saturday for another game but I would wait until December to see the Sox in the WS.

fuzzy_patters
10-17-2005, 01:44 AM
The only complaint is we have to wait until Saturday for another game but I would wait until December to see the Sox in the WS.

I've waited my whole life. What's six more days.

DetroitSoxFan
10-17-2005, 01:50 AM
my only complaint is my new AL Central Champs shirt that I just got delivered but haven't worn yet is now old news

Banix12
10-17-2005, 02:11 AM
I agree with Paulie. The MVP trophy should be split four ways between the starting pitchers.

Though frankly this whole series might have been the ultimate in team efforts.

kevingrt
10-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Ozzie or KW

TDog
10-17-2005, 02:36 AM
The MVP? The starting pitchers, Konerko, Crede, AJ ... you couldn't split the MVP 25 ways, though, because they didn't need some of the guys on the bench or anything but 2/3 of an inning from one pitcher from the bullpen.

This Sox team is a team.

StockdaleForVeep
10-17-2005, 03:25 AM
I guess they gave cuz naturally the fans love the dingers, im not even really complaining, just sayin crede or def contreras should get the mvp

compy75
10-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Well, we did it. We won the pennant. However, the dark cloud in me wondering how in the world Joe Crede wasn't ALCS MVP. Hit .368 2HR 7 RBI. Better or the same than Konerko in everything, with TWO gamewinning RBIs. Hey we have to argue over something. :D:

elrod
10-17-2005, 10:43 AM
I agree. He should have been AL MVP. But think about it this way. The Sox won games in the beginning and in the end, and left the pitching to handle the middle. Crede won the games in the end, but Konerko won them in the beginning. It's hard to overestimate how important those two 3-run homers were in Game Three and Game Four. Not to mention, his double in Game Five was not exactly trivial either.

Deuce
10-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Someone else already complained about that. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60082)

Deuce

shoota II
10-17-2005, 10:50 AM
A better complaint would be why did Ozzie have the possibly-injured El Duque warming up last night when he had a FULLY RESTED BULLPEN?

:wired:

TheOldRoman
10-17-2005, 10:53 AM
A better complaint would be why did Ozzie have the possibly-injured El Duque warming up last night when he had a FULLY RESTED BULLPEN?

The whole series guys were throwing in the bullpens late in the games. He just did it to get them "normal work" since they havent been used in a week and a half.

downstairs
10-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Meh.... MVP awards are worthless.

In all honesty, the co-MVP's should have been Jose, Mark, Freddie and Garland.

And Crede.

And Knoerko.

And Ozzie.

shoota II
10-17-2005, 11:02 AM
The whole series guys were throwing in the bullpens late in the games. He just did it to get them "normal work" since they havent been used in a week and a half.

That's a reasonable decision by Ozzie. But my complaint was that Ozzie shouldn't have had a possibly-injured pitcher warm up since even "normal work" could end his season from injury.

I would much rather have such an important bullpen hoss like El Duque take advantage of his long layoff from game 3 of the ALDS to Game 1 of the World Series. Sure he will need side sessions, but that should be done with Cooper's supervision on an off day--NOT during a game.

Though I don't think it was a big deal anyway. It wasn't much of a complaint.

Hitmen77
10-17-2005, 12:24 PM
My only complaint is that ESPN and Chris Berman didn't do the broadcast of last night's game. I really would have loved to here him say this in the 9th:

"Oh no! Konerko makes the out unassisted and the Sox win the ALCS. What a disappointment for Angels fans! Their dream of a return to the world series has been ended by the White Sox. That's the big story tonight - the Angels and their fans have been denied another trip to the fall classic"

Randar68
10-17-2005, 01:19 PM
I say crede shoulda got mvp but DONT MATTER!

Yep, he and Pauly put up identical numbers except for Crede hitting .386 vs. Pauly's .286 and doing so almost exclusively in super-clutch late-inning situations...

JB98
10-17-2005, 01:30 PM
The four starting pitchers are the MVPs of the series. But, let's face it, the MVP is an offensive award. Crede was the hitter most responsible for the wins in Game 2 and Game 5. Konerko was the hitter most responsible for the wins in Game 3 and Game 4. It probably should have been split. Those two guys produced a ton of runs in this series. You can tell we're sitting pretty when the biggest thing we have to argue about is which Sox player is most deserving of an MVP award. I could get used to this.
Do you suppose White Sox Josh is still longing for Joe Randa? :o:

It's a good day to be a friend of JC. It's also a good day to be an aPaulogist. :cool:

Palehose13
10-17-2005, 01:34 PM

My thought on that: DECOY. After what he did to Boston, that had to help mess up the Angel's psyche and have them think "Oh, ****!"

kitekrazy
10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
No way. A.J. :wink:

No, he should get an Oscar.

kitekrazy
10-17-2005, 03:10 PM
My only complaint is that ESPN and Chris Berman didn't do the broadcast of last night's game. I really would have loved to here him say this in the 9th:

"Oh no! Konerko makes the out unassisted and the Sox win the ALCS. What a disappointment for Angels fans! Their dream of a return to the world series has been ended by the White Sox. That's the big story tonight - the Angels and their fans have been denied another trip to the fall classic"

Great post. You have Berman down to a T.