PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's new low.

veeter
10-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Reynolds and Brantley said the Angels were just too tired to compete. HR said the Yankees took everything out of them. Then he added the travel too. When asked what happened to Vlad. Brantley stated he was pressing because the Angels were always behind. Now, in the year when the Sox pitching staff had maybe the best post season performance since 1900, they don't say Guerrero's problem was the White Sox dominating pitchers. They were noticably bummed. I'm going to punish myself for flipping to that mother f-in station.

MarySwiss
10-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Reynolds and Brantley said the Angels were just too tired to compete. HR said the Yankees took everything out of them. Then he added the travel too. When asked what happened to Vlad. Brantley stated he was pressing because the Angels were always behind. Now, in the year when the Sox pitching staff had maybe the best post season performance since 1900, they don't say Guerrero's problem was the White Sox dominating pitchers. They were noticably bummed. I'm going to punish myself for flipping to that mother f-in station.

Veeter: consider the source and let it go. We won the pennant, and there is nothing they can do about it.

MrRoboto83
10-16-2005, 11:56 PM
It is a wonderful thing to ruin everyones predictions

mike squires
10-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Those area the breaks. Everyone has them and we took full advantage of every opportunity.

They forgot to mention: THE BEST TEAM WON!!!

RedPinStripes
10-17-2005, 12:00 AM
**** ESPN ! NOTHING THEY CAN DO! Just report the facts the right way you east coast biased rally monkey lovin mother****ers! Your team didnt win too bad bwwaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

veeter
10-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Veeter: consider the source and let it go. We won the pennant, and there is nothing they can do about it. You're absolutely right. Normally they don't bother me but I guess I'm emotional.

StockdaleForVeep
10-17-2005, 12:07 AM

These comments are coming from guys who said the al cy youngs would be between jeremey bonderman and zach grienke, so that shows what they're thoughs mean

Chisox003
10-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Hey ESPN, the Southside would tell you where to shove it, but we're too busy celebrating our first pennant since 1959 ....

Ya, the same the same White Sox you said would finish 4th in their division
Ya, the same Southside and White Sox fans who you continually tried to convince the nation didn't exist
Ya, the same A.L. Pennant YOUR Red Sox and Yankees were NOT playing for

I can go on and on .... But I gotta go celebrate with the greatest people in the world

GO SOX!!!

HotelWhiteSox
10-17-2005, 12:09 AM
**** ESPN I COULD GIVE 2 ****S AbOUT THEM RIGHT NOW.

TUNE TO FOX OR COMCAST OR ANY LOCAL STATION, GREAT COVERAGE

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Screw ESPN. There is absolutely NO reason to watch that POS channel now that the ALDS is over.

bayzbol44
10-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Brantley? I can't believe you even repeated anything is said. The guy has a mullet. He is horrible.

CLR01
10-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I briefly tuned to espn tonight but quickly turned it off after hearing them say that the "Robert Taylor homes and the projects around the Cell are celebrating tonight" or something like that.

**** 'em

StillMissOzzie
10-17-2005, 12:21 AM
There's nothing those morons could do to wreck the joy I feel right now. I hope they pick the NL to sweep. Screw 'em all!!!

SMO
:D: :bandance: :gulp:

LuvSox
10-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Hey Brantley:

Suck on my White Sox!!!!!

Vernam
10-17-2005, 12:35 AM
We flipped through the Chicago channels for 90 minutes before realizing we'd overlooked ESPN. I'm glad I did. Let's enjoy the fact that those guys are squirming because the Sox undermine all their pat story lines. What a shame that they might have to think for a change. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

Vernam

kittle42
10-17-2005, 12:39 AM
It's Rally Time!!!

Jerko
10-17-2005, 12:43 AM
ESPN can go spank their rally monkeys.

Optipessimism
10-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Too bad this series wasn't exciting enough for the East Coast Buttlickers. I'm sure that the nation would have been so happy watching a 7 game series between the Yanks and BoSox averaging something like 23 runs per game. Oh well, guess the world is going to have to suffer through a competitive series based around pitching, defense, and solid fundamental baseball.

Optipessimism
10-17-2005, 12:44 AM
ESPN can go spank their rally monkeys.

LOL

RedPinStripes
10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
I briefly tuned to espn tonight but quickly turned it off after hearing them say that the "Robert Taylor homes and the projects around the Cell are celebrating tonight" or something like that.

**** 'em

Oh! no way! I can't believe they went that low. Kinda funny that noone talks about that surrounding neighborhood still being very strong Italian. Ever hear them mention the dumps around Yankee Stadium?

Unreal. I can't wait until they piss of some guy in the mid west with a lot of money and he puts them under.

Soxfest
10-17-2005, 01:27 AM

Just enjoy tonight:cool:

salibat
10-17-2005, 02:19 AM
I'm with you. It's pathetic the disrespect.

Uncle_Patrick
10-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Hey, when any of us look back on the 2005 season and think about about these playoffs, is anyone gonna think "oh, the Angels were tired"? No, I don't think so. I don't care if they were sleeping in the dugout during the game. The White Sox won! We're going to the World Series!!!

itsnotrequired
10-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Hey, when any of us look back on the 2005 season and think about about these playoffs, is anyone gonna think "oh, the Angels were tired"? No, I don't think so. I don't care if they were sleeping in the dugout during the game. The White Sox won! We're going to the World Series!!!

And what happened in Game 1? The Sox lost and everyone was saying trash like "even no sleep can't stop these Angels". I guess the first game is what got them all tired.:rolleyes:

TomBradley72
10-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Disrespect from morons.....who cares.

credefan24
10-17-2005, 09:08 AM
I don't have cable, so therefore I don't get ESPN, but listening to everyone talk about them on here, I have to laugh. It's like ESPN is just looking for ways to tak this sweet taste of victory away from the Sox. Well guess what you Jagbags from Conn., TOO FREAKIN' BAD!!!
THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES, AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU GUYS CAN SAY THAT WOULD MAKE US FEEL BAD!!!!

What makes me laugh the most is that now sportscenter will HAVE To lead off with World Series highlights over the weekend, and it must piss them off that their beloved Red Cubs/Yanks are nowhere to be seen!!!!! I love it.

GO GO WHITE SOX!!! CHICAGO'S PROUD OF YOU!!!!

SoxFan78
10-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Does anybody have the sound clip of Brantley saying something to the effect that in the world series, there will be two teams wearing red jerseys. What a tool!

Anybody going to the games, boo the hell out of ESPN baseball tonight by the Fundamentals deck. It will be closed down during the WS, so lets tell them how we really feel about them.

1951Campbell
10-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Too tired to compete? No, they lost because, as one poster here put it, the Angels had that Manuel-era look in their eyes this series.

henchmanUK
10-17-2005, 10:07 AM
My answer to them would be that the White Sox EARNED their rest by SWEEPING the Red Sox.

TDog
10-17-2005, 10:16 AM
My answer to them would be that the White Sox EARNED their rest by SWEEPING the Red Sox.

That was what I was thinking. The White Sox also earned the home field by finishing with the best record and earned the chance to play the wild card team, although the wild card and East and West winners all had 95 wins, so it doesn't make that much difference.

The White Sox had 99 wins during the regular season. A lot of teams must have been tired.

Jerko
10-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Have the Sox beaten any good teams yet?

SoxFan78
10-17-2005, 10:27 AM
BTW, here is the ESPN love that they showed the Sox before the playoffs began. Only one person picked the White Sox to go to the WS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2179945

Uncle_Patrick
10-17-2005, 10:32 AM
BTW, here is the ESPN love that they showed the Sox before the playoffs began. Only one person picked the White Sox to go to the WS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2179945

That's the way I like. This team has been proving people wrong all year. keep it up!

maurice
10-17-2005, 10:34 AM
I have to stick up for ESPN and give credit where credit is due.
Buck made Berman, Reynolds, Kruk, and Brantley look like Sox fans.

Fortunately, I had the option of muting the TV and listening to the always excellent John Rooney.
:gulp:

SOecks
10-17-2005, 10:39 AM
I love how so many of them picked the Angels to win it all, and on top of it picked Vlad Guererro as the MVP. Ha, he batted under .100 in the ALCS. Way to go "experts"...

harwar
10-17-2005, 10:50 AM
I saw where they ran a clip some time last night about don denkinger and comparing it to the call that doug eddings didn't make.
They are like spoiled brats that can't get their own way.

chitownhawkfan
10-17-2005, 11:12 AM
I just watched that Don Denkinger clip, that is ridiculous. While he missed the call, the Cardinals still made error after error in game six, and then got thumped in game seven 11 to 0. And this was an umpires fault? Quit yer bitchin!

Lip Man 1
10-17-2005, 08:14 PM
For what it's worth, I saw before the series John Kruk picked the Sox in five and Reynolds picked the Sox in six.

Kruk nailed that one right on the screws.

Lip

fquaye149
10-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Waah waah wahh is all I hear. ****...I admit it: the Angels were tired! They damn well should have been tired. Their starting rotation was good but shallow. Yup, Big Bart got hurt. Too bad they didn't have 5 great starting pitchers like we did (six, actually). That's the difference between a championship and going home. Too bad their relief pitchers were tired. Maybe if Scioscia didn't pull his starters at the fifth inning every game, pitch Escobar 3 innings a game (when he hadn't gone two games in a row all year before the ALDS), or pitch his closer in the eighth inning of a tie game when he still had Donnely in the pen, their relief pitchers wouldn't have been tired. Maybe if they had earned home field advantage throughout the regular season OR taken care of a below-average Yankees team in 4 or less games they wouldn't be tired.

I am not impressed by the Angels were tired excuse. Of course they were tired. This is a 162 game season. This isn't the NBA - we have a strict playoffs schedule without a day off every two days. There's a reason they don't just pick two teams and have them play an ALCS. This is baseball. It's not football, it's not basketball, it's not golf. Deal with it. . .and I would recommend to Moreno to find a new manager who doesn't abuse his bullpen.

chitownhawkfan
10-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Can anybody elaborate on Brantley saying something about the Sox side and the Robert Taylor homes? What a douche.

SoxSpeed22
10-17-2005, 09:01 PM
I just watched that Don Denkinger clip, that is ridiculous. While he missed the call, the Cardinals still made error after error in game six, and then got thumped in game seven 11 to 0. And this was an umpires fault? Quit yer bitchin!For game 6, you are correct, but the reason game 7 was so lopsided was because Denkinger was calling balls and strikes. Or in this case, the vanishing and reappearing, spontaneously expanding strike zone.