PDA

View Full Version : My new nickname for AJ

nug0hs
10-17-2005, 12:24 AM
With AJ's recent capitalizations on certain plays, I thought of a new nickname that I've decided to call him: PUNISHER PIERZYNSKI - He was in several shots on Fox during the game where they would cut to him swearing or something like that, and I think that his general attitude and work ethic warrants this name. Any ideas?

veeter
10-17-2005, 12:32 AM
As cliche as this is, AJ is truly 'Dennis the mennace.' He's always up to winning mischief. The guy is a winner. He's always in the controversy because he's not afraid to be there. If I had to go to war, I'd hope to have AJ by my side.

Deuce
10-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Longshot. After the comic book character that always had good luck, but created a field of bad luck for those around him. Given the recent events in this series, it seems appropriate. :D:

Optipessimism
10-17-2005, 01:34 AM
I say call him 'Chance.' He always gives us one, even when he's out!

bringfrankback
10-17-2005, 01:36 AM
I say call him 'Chance.' He always gives us one, even when he's out!

:tongue:!

CJLove23
10-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Everytime they showed A.J. on T.V., he showed nothing short of excitement and enthusiasm for these games, and this series! Besides Buehlre, he's my newest favorite team Cheerleader!!! I LOVE A.J!!!!

Hagan
10-17-2005, 01:41 AM
this is the stuff that pissed me off so much when he was on the twins and made me love him so much on the white sox,!

RedPinStripes
10-17-2005, 01:52 AM
I can't say enough about AJ. They better lock him up for a good 3 years. He's one of the biggest keys to the success this year. And everyone else hates him and we love him! :redneck

spongyfungy
10-17-2005, 02:09 AM
captain chaos

menace. cheerleader. all good

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/ANS146101700_lower.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/ANS129101623_lower.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/ANS119101422_lower.jpg

The Critic
10-17-2005, 02:27 AM
CAPTAIN CONTROVERSY!!!
:redneck

or The Magnet, because he attracts controversy, scorn, weird umpiring decisions, and the love and respect of Sox fans!

Mark'sBrokenFoot
10-17-2005, 02:36 AM
The guys on the post game show have taken to calling AJ "The Lightning Rod."

SOX LA Mikey
10-17-2005, 03:53 AM
Carmine Derrier (kudos Hawk)

I was in Tucson in Mid February, and I told him to his face how much
I hated his Ass when he was a Twinkie - But how thrilled I was that he was with US now!!!

....and today more than ever

Realist
10-17-2005, 08:29 AM
A.J. has been my favorite Sox player since the day Kenny signed him. My nickname for A.J. has been "Battleship" on my sig since way back. I figured back then, as I do now, that if we're going to war... I want the Battleship Pierzynski leading the way.

[we all know that the Blackhawks are idiots, but they're even bigger idiots if they don't sign A.J. to play for them after the WS. I'm tellin' you... if the puck goes in the corner and A.J. goes in the corner to battle an opposing player for that puck...you better believe he's coming out of the corner with the puck]

MeteorsSox4367
10-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I loved how he mentioned that Konerko refers to him as "Captain Chaos." I just love how Pierzynski with his heart, fire and everything else really helped the Sox win. As a fellow Polack, to our catcher I say, "Dziekuje, Dziekuje, Dziekuje." That means "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You."

Go Sox!!! This Is Our Year!!!!

Record with me in attendance in 2005: 7-5 (Including Game 1 of the ALDS and Game 2 of the ALCS - Neither of which will ever be forgotten!!!!)

Fenway
10-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Gordon Edes in the Boston Globe says AJ stands for

Angel Jeopardy :smile: