PDA

View Full Version : Is Joe Crede a Sox legend?

veeter
10-16-2005, 11:46 PM
He's now elevated himself to the list of Sox legends. The late inning hits and guts. The post season heroics. He's clutch, clutch, clutch.

bringfrankback
10-16-2005, 11:47 PM
I have a feeling my 3 month old, 7 member "Joe Crede is my Hero" fan club on MySpace will get a few more members now!

A. Cavatica
10-16-2005, 11:48 PM
I only count White Sox legends who...

Oh, never mind.

Evman5
10-16-2005, 11:49 PM
....yes!

Iguana775
10-16-2005, 11:49 PM
But the real question is.....did that Crede HR count?

;)

slobes
10-17-2005, 12:12 AM
I may be naming my first born child after Joe Crede.

raul12
10-17-2005, 12:14 AM

;)

Well that last rbi clearly didn't count since it was only b/c of Kennedy's crappy throw.

Evman5
10-17-2005, 12:15 AM
I for one will be erecting a statue!

JUribe1989
10-17-2005, 12:25 AM
YES!
Crede is the hero of the ALCS. If he doesn't get that hit up the middle off K-Rod we are coming back to Chicago for Game 6.
Instead we are coming back for GAME 1!

GOD THIS FEELS GREAT

chiwhitesox035
10-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Joe Crede is my hero...period.

JorgeFabregas
10-17-2005, 12:32 AM
What a great story for him to tell his daughter about the year she was born.

illinibk
10-17-2005, 12:32 AM

;)
here is your answer (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=896093&postcount=313)

epgalsoxfan
10-17-2005, 12:35 AM
What a great story for him to tell his daughter about the year she was born.

i just teared up :)

salty99
10-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Mr. SOXTOBER!!!!!!!!!! DOES IT AGAIN!

fuzzy_patters
10-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Jackson, Collins, Aparicio, Fox, Minoso, Pierce, Lyons, Allen, Fisk, Baines, Thomas, Konerko, Buehrle, and Smokin' Joe Crede.

Brian26
10-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Carl Everett keeps talking about Crede in interviews! JOE CREDE!!!!!!!!!!

JKryl
10-17-2005, 12:43 AM
If they win the Series, Crede and A. J.'s place in history is assured. Right now, it's close. GO SOX!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Red Barchetta
10-17-2005, 12:46 AM
As a huge Robin Ventura fan, I take back EVERYTHING negative I ever said about Crede. Joe - You ARE THE MAN!!!! :smile:

Deuce
10-17-2005, 12:47 AM
No.

veeter
10-17-2005, 01:05 AM
No. Please explain.

Optipessimism
10-17-2005, 01:11 AM
YYYYYYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jjav829
10-17-2005, 01:18 AM
shoota overreacting to a bad Crede game in June:

These are the types of games we're going to play in the playoffs...We need a hitter who can give tough at bats and has a better chance of helping the offense, because in the playoffs/close games, that's how you win.

I'm looking at today's game as a typical Crede game against playoff-type pitching in close games. Not saying he was the sole reason the Sox lost today. But it is typical Crede in this type of game, and IS reason enough to replace him.

Shoota, shoota, shoota...you never really got it, did you? Well, I just hope wherever you are you are celebrating and eating crow by the barrel.

Crede throwing away at-bats in the playoffs... LOL!

Dub25
10-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Joe Crede, he may have 500 painful AB's a year but the others are full of 20 HR's a year, CLUTCH hits, and on defense he is as good as they come.

Deuce
10-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Please explain.

A single career year does not a legend make. His offense, though great in the postseason, was a lackluster .252 for the season. Big D though, of which I am very appreciative. Not the stuff of legends, but a good year and a great postseason none the less.

Deuce

MRKARNO
10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
A single career year does not a legend make. His offense, though great in the postseason, was a lackluster .252 for the season. Big D though, of which I am very appreciative. Not the stuff of legends, but a good year and a great postseason none the less.

Deuce

You're trying to tell me that Bucky Dent, Ray Knight and Mookie Wilson arent legends?

Optipessimism
10-17-2005, 01:26 AM

Deuce

We're not talking about HOF type legends here, but Sox legends. What is a legend? Someone who does something so remarkable, so significant, that you remember it for ever. Who cares about the rest of the world? To Sox fans, Joe Crede is a legend because in two games he did something that we will all remember forever.

Thank you Joe! May you never be traded ever!!!!

spongyfungy
10-17-2005, 01:26 AM
We shoulda traded for David Bell

Sox Legend. Yes. if Terry Pendleton is an Atlanta playoff legend, so can crede

TaylorStSox
10-17-2005, 01:27 AM
You're trying to tell me that Bucky Dent, Ray Knight and Mookie Wilson arent legends?

If Scott Brosius is a Yankee legend, Joe Crede's a White Sox legend.

I'm an FOJC though. I'm biased! :cool:

ShoelessJoeS
10-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Crede has officially earned my respect for life!!!!!!

Captain Clutch!!!

A. Cavatica
10-17-2005, 01:28 AM
Karno's got it right. Crede may or may not end up a Sox legend, but right now he's an Angels legend. Right up there with David Henderson. Or Tito Landrum, to put him into a Sox context.

Optipessimism
10-17-2005, 01:29 AM
Captain Clutch!!!

I vote that this becomes Joe's new nickname.

spongyfungy
10-17-2005, 01:53 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/ANS158101600_640x480.jpg

NEMESIS

Joe Buck aptly deemed Crede as escobar's nemesis. Even when Mike changed escobar for Krod, it didn't matter.

When he came back from the injury, he was smoking the ball. (.379 in Sept) and has not stopped

ALCS : .368!

spongyfungy
10-17-2005, 01:53 AM
Crede has officially earned my respect for life!!!!!!

Captain Clutch!!!

PK calls AJ Captain chaos.

obinder26
10-17-2005, 07:23 AM
I want to father Joe Crede's man babies. He is my hero.

Realist
10-17-2005, 07:59 AM

Deuce

I'm gonna be very polite right now and respond to this post with one word [please excuse me I've spelled this incorrectly]...

Ugh.

Deuce
10-17-2005, 08:04 AM

Personally, I never understood why they were considered "legends." I can only assume that it arose from Red Sux Nation and the East Coast medias insistance on some ridiculous curse that prevented the Red Sox from winning a World Series.

We're not talking about HOF type legends here, but Sox legends. What is a legend? Someone who does something so remarkable, so significant, that you remember it for ever. Who cares about the rest of the world? To Sox fans, Joe Crede is a legend because in two games he did something that we will all remember forever.

Thank you Joe! May you never be traded ever!!!!
If legends are the stuff of series, then A.J. deserves the title hands down. No one altered the course of this series more than he did. He got all the calls, and kept us in the game.

By the way, keep in mind that if you want to retain Joe Crede, you're gonna have to make a deal with this guy.

:borass:

"Hey, he's a Sox Legend! He deserves to be properly compensated for it."

shoota II
10-17-2005, 09:16 AM
I've ripped Joe Crede incessantly in the past, but I can't say enough good about what he's done since coming off the Disabled List in September.

The team's success is more important than me being right about Crede, and I often used Crede as a scapegoat for the team's failures, but I can't anymore and glad I don't have the option. Not only are the White Sox a success, but Joe Crede has been a big contributer to that success.

So from his biggest critic, Way to Go, Joe!

:wink:

downstairs
10-17-2005, 09:21 AM
When they put Joe's picture on the outfield wall, they should have his name typeset exactly like this:

JOE! CREDE!!

credefan24
10-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Coming from a completely biased fan's opinion, yes, yes he is!
Fantastic defense, two great grabs last night and the night before (which Joe, "my last name rhymes with Buck" and McCarver didn't even talk about), and CLUTCH hitting.
WAY TO GO JOE!!!!

tdh11
10-17-2005, 10:27 AM
I would like to formally apologize to Joe Crede for ever doubting him, now it's time for Dye and Everett to make me apologize

swanson24
10-17-2005, 10:59 AM
One radio show in Chicago has described Joe Crede as either being the goat or the hero depending on the game. I know that in the past he has bared the brunt of criticism from many Sox fans. Some have eevn been counting the days till Josh Fields the minor league third base prospect will take over. ... BUT in my oppinion as a Sox fan I have always appreciated Joe Crede and the amazing defense he brings to the park night in and night out. No one deserves this legend label more than Joe Crede on our team.
Yes, Joe Crede is a Whiet Sox LEGEND!!!!

hawkjt
10-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes, Joe is a certified legend. When you consider what he did this year with two herniated discs in his back you have to tip your hat to him. He is a sept player historically and would have been an october player if we had ever gotten to the playoffs with him.

We need to lock him up - reminds me of Craig Nettles of the Yanks- not overwhelming regular season stats but a great glove and a tough playoff hitter.

He is only 27- with a healthy back he will continue to mature as a hitter and is the answer at the hot box.

ChiSoxRowand
10-17-2005, 03:51 PM
This is whats great about October baseball. You never know when somebody like Joe Crede or Francisco Cabrera will live in postseason lore.

D. TODD
10-17-2005, 03:55 PM
This team does not have 1 legend. It is a true team with the whole being much greater then its parts. The legendary team of '05 who brought home the pennant, and hopefully a world championship! Joe is a strong part of the legendary team!

The Dude
10-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Yes...no matter what he hit during the season, he's forever in our memories and hearts. JOE.............CREDE!!!!!

I got my Crede jersey shirt at grandstand last night with my AL Pennant shirt and will proudly wear them both!

soxfan26
10-17-2005, 04:21 PM
By the way, keep in mind that if you want to retain Joe Crede, you're gonna have to make a deal with this guy.

:borass:

"Hey, he's a Sox Legend! He deserves to be properly compensated for it."

I got an idea! Why not send your comments about Crede over to him in the hopes that you can convince him his client is an under-average 3B who deserves no more than $750k per season?

But you should definitley not use these points to try and convince him:

His 2005 postseason numbers equal those of ALCS MVP Paul Konerko.
Drove in the tying and winning runs in Game 5 of ALCS.
w/RISP during the 2005 regular season he batted .286 and had 42 RBIs