PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations from a Cards fan!!

JimEdmonds15
10-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Just wanted to say Congratulations to your team on an awesome season. Unless the Cardinals make a miracle comeback I will be going for the Sox to beat the Astros . The Cardinals fell apart and fell apart big time. They lost their cool and the injuries are starting to affect the team. It's not a matter of the Astros having tough pitching when you have tough pitching. It's really easy to say this but this goes for almost every team in the playoffs. Play error free baseball and you'll win.. While I'm certain the Stros have played some good baseball I just believe the Cards have beat theirselves more than the Astros have beat the Cards..

Anyways enough rambling. I'm not in a great mood at all.. Just wanted to send out my congratulations to the White Sox (a team that plays the game the right way) and their fans!!

CONGRATS!!

Iguana775
10-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Thanks! I thought the Cards got some bad umpiring today. hopefully they come back and there's a Sox/Cards series.

RKMeibalane
10-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to say Congratulations to your team on an awesome season. Unless the Cardinals make a miracle comeback I will be going for the Sox to beat the Astros :angry: . The Cardinals fell apart and fell apart big time. They lost their cool and the injuries are starting to affect the team. It's not a matter of the Astros having tough pitching when you have tough pitching. It's really easy to say this but this goes for almost every team in the playoffs. Play error free baseball and you'll win.. While I'm certain has played some good baseball I just believe the Cards have beat theirselves more than the Astros have beat the Cards..

Anyways enough rambling. I'm not in a great mood at all.. Just wanted to send out my congratulations to the White Sox (a team that plays the game the right way) and their fans!!

CONGRATS!!

Thank you! Good luck for the remainder of your series with the Astros.

Dick Allen
10-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Pulling for the Cardinals to come back. Sox vs. Cards - a Flub fan's worst nightmare.

TDog
10-16-2005, 11:39 PM
A lot of Sox fans are pulling for the Cards to win three straight, but not because anyone thinks they're the weaker NLCS team.

spongyfungy
10-16-2005, 11:45 PM
thanks briancook

Red Barchetta
10-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Pulling for the Cardinals to come back. Sox vs. Cards - a Flub fan's worst nightmare.

I agree! It's not over.

JimEdmonds15
10-17-2005, 12:04 AM
thanks briancook

You know it.. I'm upset but nothin will be more fun than comin back from 3-1 down with this team.. Who knows.. I'm sure I'll be :whiner: when the season ends tonight

Dub25
10-17-2005, 12:18 AM
First off let me say I bleed SILVER and BLACK. However the cards are my 2nd favorite team for obvious reasons. Please STL, comeback and lets make this every CUB FAN worst NIGHTMARE.

DSpivack
10-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Thank you. The Cardinals have always been my 2nd favorite team, not because of the Cubs, but because my dad used to live in Springfield, IL and took me to several games every summer, I fell in love with the Cards. Too bad we likely won't play you.

rocky biddle
10-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Since I have a hotel room and plane tickets to STL, I'm really rooting for the Cardinals to somehow pull it off. Plus, when I was a kid I was at 2 games of the 1985 Cards/Royals series at Busch Stadium and it would be very cool to go to another WS there. Not to mention that a Sox/Cards series would drive a certain group of self-righteous douche nozzles absolutely crazy.

kevingrt
10-17-2005, 01:19 AM
i can actually go to the games in st louis, so go cards, but really LETS GO WHITE SOX!

JimEdmonds15
10-17-2005, 02:42 PM
i can actually go to the games in st louis, so go cards, but really LETS GO WHITE SOX!

Hah.. There's a reason the Cards should win..

Ya know what.. I woke up today having this great feeling..

Carpenter vs Pettitte..

I like our chances but I dont know how they'll come out and play..

Just get this back to Busch down 3-2 like last year and anything is possible still..

:cool:

ChiSoxRowand
10-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Hah.. There's a reason the Cards should win..

Ya know what.. I woke up today having this great feeling..

Carpenter vs Pettitte..

I like our chances but I dont know how they'll come out and play..

Just get this back to Busch down 3-2 like last year and anything is possible still..

:cool:

Anything is possible. Just remember the 04 Red Sox and 03 Marlins.

HotelWhiteSox
10-17-2005, 02:53 PM
I thought the last play was bogus, I only got a quick look but thought he was safe at 1st (DP ball in Stl/Hou Game 4)

JimEdmonds15
10-17-2005, 03:21 PM
I thought the last play was bogus, I only got a quick look but thought he was safe at 1st (DP ball in Stl/Hou Game 4)

Quite honestly I'm not sure.. He may have been out by an inch.. He may have tied at 1st.. Therefore if it was a tie the game should have been tied but they called him out.. Oh well..

SOXPHILE
10-17-2005, 03:22 PM
I too am a die hard Sox fan who bleeds silver and black. The Cardinals are my second favorite team, always have been, always will be, and it never has had anything to do with my hatred for the Cubs. I genuinely just like them. The fact Cub fans hate them has always just been an added bonus for me. I've always dreamed of a Sox-Cards Series, so, again, the fact that it would drive throngs of blue sheep Cub fans to absolute madness is like icing on the cake, the cherry on top of the sundae, the refreshing dessert after a fine meal. (I must be hungry or something). Anyway, they have a tough uphill climb to come back from that 3-1 deficit, especially with no Rolen, and alot of ouchy playes like Sanders and Walker. They can still do it though, they're a good team. Should make for an interesting remainder of the NLCS. Right now, I don't think they're going to be able to do it, but who knows ? Go Cardinals, hope to see you here this coming weekend !

jerry myers
10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I agree! It's not over.thank you cards fan. im very happy. cards win tonight anything can happen.

jerry myers
10-17-2005, 03:24 PM
boy i mess that up :wink:but thanks

Dick Allen
10-17-2005, 06:42 PM
I thought the last play was bogus, I only got a quick look but thought he was safe at 1st (DP ball in Stl/Hou Game 4)It looked like he was out by an eyelash. However, they were brutalized by the balls and strikes calls.

Ventura Fan 23
10-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Keep in mind, the Flubs had a 3-1 lead just two years ago, and blew it. The Cards aren't done yet.

SweetnesSox
10-17-2005, 07:57 PM
You know it.. I'm upset but nothin will be more fun than comin back from 3-1 down with this team.. Who knows.. I'm sure I'll be :whiner: when the season ends tonight You've been hangin out on these posts too much! You're starting to sound like a sox fan! :redneck hahaha

JimEdmonds15
10-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Wow that was a heck of a catch there.. Why didnt the fans help their team? Oh well, lol!

Wanted to bump this to send out my Congrats once again on a fabulous year. It was nice seeing Houston get swept & Lidge get lit up after Houston took the NLCS. I couldnt be any happier for the White Sox and the city of Chicago. The best team in Chi.. baseball (Hah, was gonna say Chicago!)..

See ya in interleague play next year :)

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Iguana775
10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Thanks!

woo hoo!!!!!

JimEdmonds15
10-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Thanks!

woo hoo!!!!!

I'm still as happy as can be for you all. In my lifetime I've never had my team win a WS though :whiner:

itsnotrequired
10-27-2005, 12:23 AM
See ya in interleague play next year :)

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Should be a great series. Sox play the Astors as well.

Hold up, I need to stay in the moment. Next year is sooooo far away.:bandance:

SOX ADDICT '73
10-27-2005, 12:34 AM
It was nice seeing Houston get swept & Lidge get lit up...
When you run into Pujols, please pass along our appreciation for destroying Lidge's confidence in game 5 of the NLCS! :cool:

JimEdmonds15
10-27-2005, 12:47 AM
When you run into Pujols, please pass along our appreciation for destroying Lidge's confidence in game 5 of the NLCS! :cool:

Sure will although he probably could care less about that game by then :rolleyes: :cool:

peeonwrigley
10-27-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm still as happy as can be for you all. In my lifetime I've never had my team win a WS though :whiner:

Dude, lots more lifetimes of Sox fans had gone without a WS