PDA

View Full Version : meanwhile 8 miles to the north

Fenway
10-16-2005, 05:15 PM
One of the Cubs boards ponders the future

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:13 am Post subject: White Sox success
Assuming the White Sox go to and win the World Series, do you think that would put a bit more pressure on the Trib and managment to put a winner on the field next year?

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=25855

and

Why we should root for the White Sox

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=25614

Daver
10-16-2005, 05:31 PM
:whocares

santo=dorf
10-16-2005, 05:38 PM
There were still tickets available at the box office the day of for the first playoff series. And looking at the attendance records they only hit their SRO mark of 41,000 once so far in the playoffs. I went to about 25 games this year, many of them important games and the attendance was always insanely poor. Hey jackass, did you ever bother to think for a second that those tickets were released because the white sox and Angles players didn't need them? Those are always the tickets that free up before the game. The major newspapers in Chicago reported the Sox tickets were sold out in 15 minutes.

I would also like to see which 25 "important" games had "insanely poor." :rolleyes:

Hitmen77
10-16-2005, 05:56 PM
There were still tickets available at the box office the day of for the first playoff series. And looking at the attendance records they only hit their SRO mark of 41,000 once so far in the playoffs. I went to about 25 games this year, many of them important games and the attendance was always insanely poor.

Wow - talk about being in denial. I guess the sky is green in his world.

....and if he's such a big Cub fan, why did he go to 25 Sox games this year?:?:

TDog
10-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey jackass, ...

I agree. But consider the source.

When the truth gets in the way of a cherished myth, some prefer to twist the truth to preserve the cherished myth.

PAPChiSox729
10-16-2005, 06:07 PM
:whocares

(And for the second time today, I say)

Seconded.

slavko
10-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey jackass, did you ever bother to think for a second that those tickets were released because the white sox and Angles players didn't need them? Those are always the tickets that free up before the game. The major newspapers in Chicago reported the Sox tickets were sold out in 15 minutes.

I would also like to see which 25 "important" games had "insanely poor." :rolleyes:

In the case of the Cubs, those tickets wouldn't be available at the box office. They would be sold at the Cubs own scalper operation down the street. (No teal.)

Taliesinrk
10-17-2005, 12:55 AM
Hey jackass, did you ever bother to think for a second that those tickets were released because the white sox and Angles players didn't need them? Those are always the tickets that free up before the game. The major newspapers in Chicago reported the Sox tickets were sold out in 15 minutes.

Will they still release tickets like that just prior to the game in the world series????

jabrch
10-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Will they still release tickets like that just prior to the game in the world series????

If they have them...you never know how VIP tickets are used/sold.