PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: El Duque to be shut down?

jabrch
10-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Orlando Hernandez is dealing with a sore pitching shoulder and the chances of him pitching in the remaining ALCS games are "slim".
If the White Sox advance, El Duque would need to be completely healed in order to be added to the World Series roster. Otherwise, Brandon McCarthy would replace him in the bullpen. Oct. 16 - 9:20 am et
Source: Chicago Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug16.html)

Either way, Orlando deserves a ton of credit for what he did against Boston. That was one of the finest clutch relief appearances I have ever witnessed. Either way - Thanks for your contribution Orlando - I hope you are ok and able to pitch more. If not, cheer on the boys, and don't hurt yourself drinking champagne and smoking stogies!!!

Mr. McCarthy, welcome back!

Unregistered
10-16-2005, 02:18 PM
."Duque is 50, and every part of his body's got to be having trouble,'' Don Cooper joked. ''He's going to be fine. We're taking care of him. I don't think it's an issue. Heck, when you're 50, you might pull a hamstring bending down to tie your shoes.''

veeter
10-16-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't like this because I'm sure there would be a time we would need him again. However, replacing him with B-Mac is quite a consolation. The Sox are so darn deep it's sickening. Hopefully this isn't true and El Duke will be available.

Brian26
10-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Either way, Orlando deserves a ton of credit for what he did against Boston.

That relief appearance alone justifies his signing and entire season's salary. That was a monumental performance.

Fenway
10-16-2005, 02:27 PM
That relief appearance alone justifies his signing and entire season's salary. That was a monumental performance.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

nobody in New England will forget it

downstairs
10-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Apparently we may not even need another reliever for the rest of the season...

soxfan26
10-16-2005, 02:57 PM

Exactly. I'd love for El Duque to be available for the series, but I'm still impressed with our 'pen without him.

elrod
10-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Bullpen? What's a bullpen?

SoxFan64
10-16-2005, 02:59 PM
KW said it best when describing El Duque's relief effort: "I have never seen a person earn their entire salary in one inning."

I hope he is rested and ready for the WS.

:andy: Let's Go You White Sox