PDA

View Full Version : "With One More Win, South Siders Will Be One Up On North Siders."

hsnterprize
10-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I read this article (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20051015&content_id=1251546&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp), and it basically says things we already know...but it's nice to read it from a national perspective.

Let's not take ANYTHING for granted, White Sox!!!!! Approach this game like every other before. Start strong, finish strong, and we win the pennant. It's as simple as that!!!!!!

Brian26
10-16-2005, 02:11 PM
We won 99 games and the AL Central Title. We swept the defending World Champions in the ALDS in 3 straight games. We are up 3-1 in the ALCS.

The '03 Scrubs backed into the playoffs on the last weekend of the season as a Wild Card with less than 90 victories. They needed a full five-game series to barely beat Atlanta.

The Sox have already surpassed what that lucky '03 Scrubs team did.

D. TODD
10-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Jeez, are you kidding me. Who the hell cares about having one up on the national league team from Chicago. The Sox have a chance to win their first pennant since '59, and advance to the world series. I don't need any more then that! Screw the Cubs they have NOTHING to do with this!

Unregistered
10-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Seriously - we're 5 wins away from taking the ****ing city back. Screw the Cubs.

PAPChiSox729
10-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Jeez, are you kidding me. Who the hell cares about having one up on the national league team from Chicago. The Sox have a chance to win their first pennant since '59, and advance to the world series. I don't need any more then that! Screw the Cubs they have NOTHING to do with this!

Seconded.

Iguana775
10-16-2005, 02:24 PM

I hear ya clucking, Big Chicken. I really dont give a crap about the Cubs. But yet some people do for which i dont understand.

Let's take care of business and bring home a ring!!

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Seriously - we're 5 wins away from taking the ****ing city back. Screw the Cubs.
BINGO.

DumpJerry
10-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Who are the Cubs? Really, who are they? Do they still exist? Are they still relevant? Nope. This will be our town in 10 days or so, we no longer will have to throw barbs at Cub fans, we have nothing to prove. The Crosstown Classic will be just another 6 games on the schedule.

santo=dorf
10-16-2005, 03:33 PM
The '03 Scrubs backed into the playoffs on the last weekend of the season as a Wild Card with less than 90 victories. They needed a full five-game series to barely beat Atlanta.

The Sox have already surpassed what that lucky '03 Scrubs team did.

The Cubs won the division with 88 wins. The Wild Card Marlins had more wins than the Cubs. Just remember that the AL Central is the weakest division in the history of baseball.

gaelhound
10-16-2005, 03:48 PM
I read this article (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20051015&content_id=1251546&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp), and it basically says things we already know...but it's nice to read it from a national perspective.

Let's not take ANYTHING for granted, White Sox!!!!! Approach this game like every other before. Start strong, finish strong, and we win the pennant. It's as simple as that!!!!!!
In 1971 I lost a $5.00 bet to Allen Bojes. Frazier decisioned Ali at the Garden. Bojes was a Northside Cub Fan. I lived on the Southside and had all the allegiances I was supposed to have. To get my five back I conned Bojes into betting me on which Chicago Baseball team would bring the next pennant to Chicago. "We brought the last one, and we'll bring the next one!" I said to Bojes. I have been vociferously supportive of The White Sox over the last three decades. My mouth has written many checks that the Sox have not been able to cash. That will be done tonight. I am looking for Allen Bojes, and until I find him every cub fan and every fencesitter is going to be paying the price.