PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Have the El Duque Ad From Friday's Paper??

Wsoxmike59
10-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Last Friday's sports section (Tribune) had an ad on one of the inside pages featuring El Duque and his entire pitching motion and little snippets on & around it representing each pitch he made to get out of the Bases loaded nobody out jam in Boston during Game # 3 in the ALDS.

I saw this at a restaurant on my way home as I was waiting for my "to go" order. I was wondering where I could find that online??

Did anybody else see that ad? Other than clipping it out of the newspaper, where could one find it? I checked over at WhiteSox.com and couldn't find it.....Anybody....anybody??

Clembasbal
10-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Last Friday's sports section (Tribune) had an ad on one of the inside pages featuring El Duque and his entire pitching motion and little snippets on & around it representing each pitch he made to get out of the Bases loaded nobody out jam in Boston during Game # 3 in the ALDS.

I saw this at a restaurant on my way home as I was waiting for my "to go" order. I was wondering where I could find that online??

Did anybody else see that ad? Other than clipping it out of the newspaper, where could one find it? I checked over at WhiteSox.com and couldn't find it.....Anybody....anybody??

I have it, If you want me to I can try and scan it, but I have never scanned anything before so it might come out a little weird.

SweetnesSox
10-16-2005, 05:51 PM
i'd like it too. it was really sweet. I was gonna say somethin about it but i guess i figured it wasn't important. scan it!

anewman35
10-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Scott Reifort says in his blog: "Our ad agency, 2 X 4, came up with a very cool idea that ran last Thursday in the Sun-Times and Tribune. If you didn't see it, the ad for 2006 season tickets showed images of El Duque during his amazing inning against the Red Sox. Many people have written me about it. I will try and get a copy posted here as soon as I get back to Chicago."

jabrch
10-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Speaking of which, anyone see Two By Four post lately? He might be able to help.

Wsoxmike59
10-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Scott Reifort says in his blog: "Our ad agency, 2 X 4, came up with a very cool idea that ran last Thursday in the Sun-Times and Tribune. If you didn't see it, the ad for 2006 season tickets showed images of El Duque during his amazing inning against the Red Sox. Many people have written me about it. I will try and get a copy posted here as soon as I get back to Chicago."

Thank you anewman35, you guys are great, thanks for your help....now without futher ado, I present to you El Duque's "escape act" in Boston during Game # 3 of the ALDS

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/files/duque.jpg

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/files/duque.jpg

Wsoxmike59
10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
May as well as post the 2nd one "The Squeeze". I didn't even see this one in the paper, but it's equally as impressive as the El Duque ad.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/files/squeeze.jpg

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/files/squeeze.jpg

zach074
10-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Brooks is nothing short of a genius.

wsoxfan
10-19-2005, 08:30 PM
that's awesome...

itsnotrequired
10-19-2005, 08:34 PM
I hadn't seen those before. They gave me the chills!

JohnBasedowYoda
10-19-2005, 08:36 PM
the white sox and their marketing staff are the most badass people in sports

i'm glad to see they're sticking with the grinder rule theme

JohnBasedowYoda
10-19-2005, 08:37 PM

was this in the special wraparound or the regular sports section

Wsoxmike59
10-19-2005, 08:58 PM

Not sure JohnBasedowYoda?? I only remember seeing it in the Trib last Friday and I don't know if they had a special pullout section for Game day that day??

Chips
10-19-2005, 09:47 PM

It was at the bottom of the Sun Times in the regular section I think, I cut it at work and it's still on my desk.

chisoxfanatic
10-19-2005, 09:50 PM
It was at the bottom of the Sun Times in the regular section I think, I cut it at work and it's still on my desk.

Could you scan and sent it this way?

Chips
10-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Could you scan and sent it this way?

If I figure out how to use the scanner. I am not very well versed in computers, I can try it tomorrow after work.

jabrch
10-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Has anyone seen Two By Four lately?