PDA

View Full Version : The Polish Sweep....

CaptainBallz
10-16-2005, 02:52 PM
If there isn't a term for accidentally losing the first game, then winning four straight, THERE IS NOW...

THE POLISH SWEEP!!!

veeter
10-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Assuming they win tonite, I'm kind of glad they lost the first game because of the potential lay-off again. Had they swept, the potential lay-off would have been even longer than between the LDS and LCS.

Clembasbal
10-16-2005, 03:55 PM
If there isn't a term for accidentally losing the first game, then winning four straight, THERE IS NOW...

THE POLISH SWEEP!!!

Yeah, don't like that one bit

downstairs
10-16-2005, 04:01 PM
THE POLISH SWEEP!!!

:DJ
Uhhhh-oh!

:hawk
Gaaaaaaaaaaas. He Gawn!

DumpJerry
10-16-2005, 04:12 PM
:sopranos

Will they ever learn? AJ and Scotty Po would like to have a word with you.

chisox117
10-16-2005, 04:37 PM

THE POLISH SWEEP!!!

Chuj ci w dupę!! :angry:

nasox
10-16-2005, 04:44 PM

THE POLISH SWEEP!!!

You, my good sir, are an ass.:dtroll:

slobes
10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of that phrase.

CaptainBallz
10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
WOW! Tough Crowd...

I'm Polish and no offense was meant....

Chill Out and Go Sox!!!

The_Floridian
10-16-2005, 05:01 PM
WOW! Tough Crowd...

Chill Out and Go Sox!!!

Wonderful how "chill out" is supposed to be an adequate substitute for, "Sorry I offended you. That wasn't my intention."

First rule of being in a hole: Stop digging.

DMarte708
10-16-2005, 05:02 PM
WOW! Tough Crowd...

hill Out and Go Sox!!!

Sounds like there's some FOX announcers in here--making something out of nothing.

Bluegrass1SOXFAN
10-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Sounds like there's some FOX announcers in here--making something out of nothing.

Agreed. He was just having a little fun before the big game...

Maybe we can call it the "Heavenly Sweep" in Anaheim!!!

Any better??? If not, help a SOX brother out.

DSpivack
10-16-2005, 05:12 PM
:sopranos

Will they ever learn? AJ and Scotty Po would like to have a word with you.

And Paulie, too, no?

D. TODD
10-16-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm 1/2 Polish, and I'm not offended, but I'm not a fan of the term either. I don't think any catchy term is needed for winning the A.L. pennant.

DumpJerry
10-16-2005, 05:26 PM
And Paulie, too, no?
Paulie is busy right now deciding where tonight's homers will land. He is confident that AJ and Scotty can take care of business.

I hear "The Bull" might be coming in for a talk, too.

VivaOzzie
10-16-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm 100% Polish, and I am not the least bit offended. I also am not offended by Polish jokes. I don't see a point to be offended by something so trivial. I'll spend my time worrying about important things...like the game tonight!!!!

So chillllllllllllllllllllll! And GO SOX! :gulp: :bandance:

D. TODD
10-16-2005, 05:49 PM
A muscular former first baseman who wasn't very fond of sleeves comes to mind. He knows a little about winning a pennant on the southside. Not there yet, but you may have some company in your exclusive club pretty soon Moose! Let's hope the Cuban can earn the '05 Sox that ticket tonight!

Arrogant Putz
10-16-2005, 06:11 PM
WOW! Tough Crowd...

Chill Out and Go Sox!!!

No kidding. Didn't know this was a PC board..

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3578/snore1qs.gif

Juice16
10-16-2005, 06:27 PM
WOW! Tough Crowd...

Chill Out and Go Sox!!!

I'm Polish too and thought it was funny. They must not get it.

SweetnesSox
10-16-2005, 06:43 PM
And Paulie, too, no?

Paulie is italian I always thought? Konerko just doesn't sound polisk. and podsednik? sounds slavic. this could be a good time to find out the nationalities of our sox players. any ideas?

batmanZoSo
10-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Konerko sounds Czech or Croatian, something along those lines. Podsednik must be Russian or Ukranian.

And this would really be more of a Latvian Orthodox Sweep...:cool:

SoxFan76
10-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Paulie is italian I always thought? Konerko just doesn't sound polisk. and podsednik? sounds slavic. this could be a good time to find out the nationalities of our sox players. any ideas?

Iguchi is Japanese.

:wink:

ajtokarz
10-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Contreras is from Czechoslovakia......apparrently he said it's just like going to Wisconsin....

I got a really catchy phrase for the job that the sox are about to finish.

An American League Championship. That's catchy enough for me.

Also...i found the phrase previously mentioned not offensive at all. But Tim McCarver and Joe Buck are thoroughly offended and will spend innings 2-4 showing the thread in slow motion showing where it all went wrong.

CaptainBallz
10-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Konerko sounds Czech or Croatian, something along those lines. Podsednik must be Russian or Ukranian.

And this would really be more of a Latvian Orthodox Sweep...:cool:

It just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it....?

Soxzilla
10-16-2005, 08:27 PM
People need to relax. I'm 1/2 Polish and I don't find that offensive.

Actually, I think I used this exact term after game 2.

I also used it when those bastard Red Wings beat my favorite Hurricanes 4-1 in the Stanley Cup in 2002.:(: I'll like this Polish Sweep much better.:D:

VivaOzzie
10-16-2005, 08:29 PM
But Tim McCarver and Joe Buck are thoroughly offended and will spend innings 2-4 showing the thread in slow motion showing where it all went wrong.

:roflmao:

slavko
10-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Follow up story for Tribune after "Black people live near US Cellular Field" and "Hispanic people live near US Cellular Field" stories: "White Sox Players With Too Many K's and Z's in Their Names."

Frank the Tank
10-16-2005, 09:25 PM

THE POLISH SWEEP!!!

I think we should call it the Black sweep.

chaerulez
10-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Assuming they win tonite, I'm kind of glad they lost the first game because of the potential lay-off again. Had they swept, the potential lay-off would have been even longer than between the LDS and LCS.

I've been told the world series starts at saturday regardless of how long the LCS series go. So a win today still equals a long layoff.