PDA

View Full Version : Positive, Team-Oriented Paulie

RowanDye
10-16-2005, 12:57 PM
I know Paulie has said plenty of team oriented statements, but his mouth is usually contrary to his on-field play. I don't think he intends to, but his comments have often been incendiary for some fans. When I saw this quote on WhiteSox.com today I though it was probably one of the best things I've heard Konerko say.

"The way our team is playing right now, anybody could have hit that home run," Konerko said. "We're so selfless right now, it's not even like one guy is getting that hit. It's like every single guy is swinging the bat all at once."

He sure is making a run at a big FA contract.....

Ol' No. 2
10-16-2005, 01:00 PM
It's not just Paulie. Every player that's interviewed immediately starts giving credit to someone else. The pitchers credit the hitters or the other pitchers. The hitters rave about the pitching or the other hitters. It's pretty remarkable that in an age where professional athletes spend as much time in self-promotion as they do playing, these guys appear completely selfless.

Whitesox029
10-16-2005, 01:10 PM
He sure is making a run at a big FA contract.....
And Kenny's going to work like hell to make it happen, too, according to the story in today's tribune.

Deuce
10-16-2005, 01:28 PM
I know Paulie has said plenty of team oriented statements, but his mouth is usually contrary to his on-field play. I don't think he intends to, but his comments have often been incendiary for some fans. When I saw this quote on WhiteSox.com today I though it was probably one of the best things I've heard Konerko say.

I agree. The team is running on all cylinders and Konerko is a huge part of that. Still, he sends props out instead of patting his own back. Heck, the entire team is passing the credit around like a hot potato. The batters give the credit to the pitchers, the pitchers give the credit to the batters and defense, and Ozzie gives the credit to the team as a whole. It's a team at it best. You gotta love it!

Deuce

batmanZoSo
10-16-2005, 01:31 PM
It's not just Paulie. Every player that's interviewed immediately starts giving credit to someone else. The pitchers credit the hitters or the other pitchers. The hitters rave about the pitching or the other hitters. It's pretty remarkable that in an age where professional athletes spend as much time in self-promotion as they do playing, these guys appear completely selfless.

nirvana (n) - a state of bliss attained through the extinction of the self; or through the capturing of the AL Pennant; or the World Series.

Eric Bartman, today's top dope
10-16-2005, 08:05 PM
PK has converted me. I used to want him traded but on and off the field he's been a true leader.

maurice
10-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Still, he sends props out instead of patting his own back. Heck, the entire team is passing the credit around like a hot potato. The batters give the credit to the pitchers, the pitchers give the credit to the batters and defense, and Ozzie gives the credit to the team as a whole. It's a team at it best. You gotta love it!

No doubt. Also, Konerko hit as many balls to RF in the Angels series as he did over the entire regular season. That's awesome. If he did that over a full season, he'd be a .300 hitter again with an even larger RBI total.
:gulp:

harwar
10-17-2005, 10:57 AM
What a great story Konerko has turned out to be.
A bigger clutch hitter and team player,you couldn't ask for.

Madvora
10-17-2005, 11:33 AM
PK has converted me. I used to want him traded but on and off the field he's been a true leader.
I wanted him traded last year, when I thought "his trade value was at it's highest." Now I really want him back. What a postseason hero!

jshanahanjr
10-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Paulie will have his face on the outfield wall someday along with Frank and maybe Buehrle. Way to go PK!

woodenleg
10-17-2005, 12:01 PM
You people are shameless...so devoted.

:cool:

JB98
10-17-2005, 12:42 PM
No doubt. Also, Konerko hit as many balls to RF in the Angels series as he did over the entire regular season. That's awesome. If he did that over a full season, he'd be a .300 hitter again with an even larger RBI total.
:gulp:

That swing he took on the 2-0 fastball from Rodriguez in the ninth is something we need to see more of from Konerko. If he tries to pull that, it's a weak pop up or a GIDP. Take it to right-centerfield, and it's a double.

Hokiesox
10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Paulie will have his face on the outfield wall someday along with Frank and maybe Buehrle. Way to go PK!

Put the whole team photo on the outfield wall!!