PDA

View Full Version : DC bar for Game 5?

FJA
10-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Any DC-area Sox fans planning on watching Game 5 somewhere tonight? I was thinking about going to Buffalo Billiards on 19th just off Dupont Circle or Mackeys on 19th and L St. Any other suggestions?

elrod
10-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Is Mister Days still around? I used to watch the NCAA tournament there every year on an extended lunch break. That was always the best sports bar downtown.

FJA
10-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Is Mister Days still around? I used to watch the NCAA tournament there every year on an extended lunch break. That was always the best sports bar downtown.

Never been there, but I just looked it up and it's now in Arlington.

Hokiesox
10-16-2005, 11:55 AM
When I head out, I usually go to Irish Times, on Mass and North Cap, by Union station. Not really a sports bar, it's the local cop bar, but they have a Woodridge PD patch behind the bar that brings home the memories for me.

FJA
10-16-2005, 06:48 PM
If any DC-area fans still want to meet up, I'll be cheering on the Sox at Mackey's on L St., NW, between 18th and 19th.

The Racehorse
10-16-2005, 07:08 PM
If any DC-area fans still want to meet up, I'll be cheering on the Sox at Mackey's on L St., NW, between 18th and 19th.

I heard that a bartender at the Hawk n' Dove is a huge Sox fan... but I'm not going anywhere tonight [but here].

SoxFan64
10-16-2005, 08:14 PM
I heard that a bartender at the Hawk n' Dove is a huge Sox fan... but I'm not going anywhere tonight [but here].

Yes, he is. His name is Paul Meagher. Great guy.

SoxFan64
10-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Too bad. I missed this message. But I have been getting togther with another huge Sox in downtown Silver Spring.

But that is not centrally located for most folks.

I am willing to hook up with others for other games.

SoxFan64
10-16-2005, 08:25 PM

I have been out of the downtown sports lop for awhile but as the other poster mentioned it looks like it moved to Arlington. Arlington is a happen' place now.

not so sleepy anymore.

I think the rents in downtown DC got to them. If you have not been to DC in awhile you may not recognize it -- outside of the monuments

Hokiesox
10-17-2005, 12:06 AM
We definitely need a place to watch game 1 on Saturday. I'm totally in. Just tell me when and where.

anotherDCsoxfan
10-17-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm partial to Bailey's in Arlington, but that's partially cause it's in stumbling distance...
I'm on the orange line, so anywhere in DC is good.

SoxFan64
10-17-2005, 12:12 AM
While I will be in No Va all day Saturday. I will be coming from Silver Spring. Let me check with my fellow White Sox fan who also lives in Silver Spring.

We have been meeting in the new and improved downtown Silver Spring, just off of the Metro stop. But maybe finding a central spot in DC will work best.

But yes we need to meet AND celebrate our entry into the WS. Heck we may look like that 95 yr old guy the next time we play in a Fall Classic so I want to truly enjoy the moment with Sox fans.

NDSox12
10-17-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm partial to Bailey's in Arlington, but that's partially cause it's in stumbling distance...
I'm on the orange line, so anywhere in DC is good.

Have you been to Bailey's for some of the games so far? I was there for Games 1 & 2 of the ALDS and Game 3 of the ALCS. I'm hoping to be in Chicago next weekend, but if not I'm definitely interested in watching the games with fellow Sox fans.

Tempe
10-17-2005, 12:44 AM
I just moved to Westminster, MD. Hoping the Sox get 3 wins, maybe I'll come down to the capital to hang with some Sox fans for the clincher :)

Jimmy