PDA

View Full Version : Angels fans were outright asses

BNLSox
10-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Sitting in the upperdeck with 3 other sox fans for game four, we kept it chill, didn't taunt, etc. By the third inning we had a barrage of items being launched at us. No security in sight. It was ridiculous.

Thankfully we were able to move to the lower deck and sit with some real sports fans for the 8th and 9th. The experience though really makes me want to avoid road playoff games.

Anyone have similar/or disimilar experiences?

DaleJRFan
10-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Sitting in the upperdeck with 3 other sox fans for game four, we kept it chill, didn't taunt, etc. By the third inning we had a barrage of items being launched at us. No security in sight. It was ridiculous.

Thankfully we were able to move to the lower deck and sit with some real sports fans for the 8th and 9th. The experience though really makes me want to avoid road playoff games.

Sorry that happened to you... Hell, Cubs fans don't even do that, at least I haven't seen it when I've been at the Urinal. I have a few friends in Cali, and I've heard nothing but BAD things about Cali baseball fans, sans San Diego.

leetsox
10-16-2005, 04:51 AM
im from San Diego which is a class town when it comes to baseball win or loser no dodgers no probs. Win or lose we love the Pads down here. evedince when pads went to series standing ovation after they lost at home. Pads qual class act now dodegers they are jerks

chitownhawkfan
10-16-2005, 06:01 AM
You should have shut up some soft SOCAL fans with your fists!:angry:

zach074
10-16-2005, 08:28 AM

40,000 to 3 I don't like his odds.

WikdChiSoxFan
10-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, did you see that fly ball in the corner that Scotty caught. There's was that one fan who was determined to reach over and interfere, I thought he was going to jump on the field.

Those people over there are really close to fair territory, down near the players and have a low wall next to them. But that guys actions were completely classless....but that's playoff spectatorship for ya...

hose
10-16-2005, 09:22 AM

That would be the wrong move.

The days of the "Big A" being the world's largest senior citizen gathering reminiscing about Gene Autry and Pat Buttram between pitches are over.

LongLiveFisk
10-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately, this can happen anywhere. I remember seeing a thread here about Red Sox fans that were getting harsh treatment at the Cell for the ALDS. Jerks are everywhere. Fortunately you were able to get away from that area--hopefully you were able to enjoy the outcome after that. :smile:

ajtokarz
10-16-2005, 09:32 AM
The days of the "Big A" being the world's largest senior citizen gathering reminiscing about Gene Autry and Pat Butman between pitches are over.

Oh, how I long for the days where the Big A stood for Alzheimers.

It's unfortunate that fans get a bad name for a select few. Sox fans get the same grief because there's a group of people that consider themselves fans that scream, yell, fight and act like complete fools at games.

I took my kids (1 & 2) over by a certain North Side "landmark" during the 2nd game of the Cubs/Sox series. Had them in the stroller, walking them around the park, just so they could see the people and to support the Sox since all three of us were covered in our sox gear. Needless to say I took my fair share of razzing, which i was fine with since game one, we took them. But a gentleman crossed the line when he walked up to me, drunk...started screaming at me about the cubs, and spit at my children. Thankfully, there was a police officer that witnessed the entire act, because I'd be in jail for manslaughter. They're everywhere. It's just our job to rise above it. God, i'm starting to sound like Norma Rae.

hose
10-16-2005, 09:53 AM
The Big A was usually no problem ,but the Coliseum was a different story.

During a Raider game I've seen first hand a couple of good size dudes well over 6 feet and 200 pounds jawing back and forth with what they thought were two five foot nothing a hundred and nothing wanna be choloes.

As the insults flew back and forth during the first quarter I could see the bangers making eye contact in at least four different parts of the section with their cohorts.

When the blows started to fly the two "big boys" were getting a beat down by about 8 locals. Fast and furious is the only way to explain what happened . I don't think the two big guys got one punch in before they knew what hit them. They had no idea they were dealing with more than two and were completely over matched. By the time uniformed LAPD, which were security at Raider games , came to break it up the damage was done.

As the cops hauled off the group up the stands and on to county, the two big guys were a bloody mess and the bangers were proud as peacocks.

Danieljack80
10-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Traveling to watch your favorite team always brings with it a certain amount of risk. Considering that there are alcoholic beverages and projectiles made easily available (e.g. peanuts, empty cups, rally monkeys), it is not suprising that BNLSOX (weird name) got harassed. Unfortunately, I've witnessed this dastardly behavior at a Chicago Bears playoff game in old Soldier Field where a buddy of mine from Philadelphia and was wearing a Randal Cunningham jersey. Within the first 10 minutes of the 2nd quarter, peanuts, beer, and a hail storm of ugly words rained down upon him (and myself-they had terrible aim). Much like this situation, the Eagles were a better team and there was nothing that the fans could do except take out their frustration on the visitor. Sports fans are probably not the best ambassadors of a city, but boy do they know how to hit two inflatable sticks together...

By the way, how good are the Sox?

goofymsfan
10-16-2005, 11:30 AM

A former friend and I definately encountered a very similar experience at "Angel Stadium" back in 2002, they year they won the WS (I"m still cursing that...the team earned it...the "fans" didn't deserve it.)

We had beach balls slammed into the back of our heads. Peanuts, popcorn, nachos, gum, and just about anything else you can think of food wise thrown at us. I had something hit my arm that left a cut on it. The seating hosts were no where in sight. After the game, we went and filed a complaint at the Guest Services booth where we ran into a gentleman with his family who experienced similar behavior in a completely different section of the stadium. His family's experience was worse however because they have beer thrown at them and the "fans" made his kids cry.

I will never go to another game there EVER! I was worned about seeing games in Oakland for the A's. The fans there were great!

jenn2080
10-16-2005, 11:43 AM
40,000 to 3 I don't like his odds.
And it is answers like that, that they think Sox fans are ********. Dont do the South Side wrong.

Reni
10-16-2005, 11:48 AM
oh, you should see Cubs fans when they come to St. Louis......HORRIBLE

I take the red line to and from work and the nicest people I have spoken to on the line when there are ball games going on are ALWAYS visiting fans. And this is when I am dressed for work, not wearing any ball club allegiance on my sleeve.