PDA

View Full Version : Need a place Sunday...PUFFERS!

IronFisk
10-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Okay, thats TWO BITCHIN' nights at PUFFERS! There were some WSI'ers, and whole lot of other HARDCORE fans.

It's on Halsted between 33rd and 34th streets - on the west side of the street.

Need a place tomorrow...make it PUFFERS! WE will be waiting!

chisoxmike
10-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Great meeting you IronFisk... see you tomorrow!!!!:gulp:

IronFisk
10-16-2005, 01:55 AM
Great meeting you IronFisk... see you tomorrow!!!!:gulp:

Ditto Mike...can't wait to see those pics from tonight!

Hey HANGER!!!

cheeses_h_rice
10-16-2005, 01:56 AM
I'll be there tomorrow night with a fresh set of vocal cords, after having watched the past 2 games at home on the couch.

:thumbsup:

BridgePortNative
10-16-2005, 02:03 AM
Okay, thats TWO BITCHIN' nights at PUFFERS! There were some WSI'ers, and whole lot of other HARDCORE fans.

It's on Halsted between 33rd and 34th streets - on the west side.

Need a place tomorrow...make it PUFFERS! WE will be waiting!

Actually is more in between 33rd and 32nd is right smack in the middle of 33rd street, I don't really consider it on the west side, for me the west side starts on Ashland, or is that Archer........ IDK :dunno: I always get those 2 mixed up..... the one going North to South.

EDIT: I do like the renovations done also....... it looked so dirty before with the old black-brown bricks

chisoxfan83
10-16-2005, 02:05 AM
someone post the easiest directions from I-55 northbound and is there plenty of parking and room for all these people? I want to be in Bridgeport tomorrow night!!!!

chisoxmike
10-16-2005, 02:09 AM
someone post the easiest directions from I-55 northbound and is there plenty of parking and room for all these people? I want to be in Bridgeport tomorrow night!!!!

Take 55 to the ASHLAND exit, take ashland to 35th street make a LEFT.

Take 35street to HALSTEAD.

Make a left on Halstead.

Puffers is on the left side on 33rd. Parking is on the street.

IronFisk
10-16-2005, 02:12 AM

Well, not sure if there is an exit on 55 that gets you on Halsted directly, but as for me, I take the Ryan in, and get off at 35th. Straight west to Halsted, then north to Puffers!

Parking...LOTS on the street, and being a Sunday, ya don't feed the meters.

Woooo Hoooo!!!

See y'all there!

kninchicago
10-16-2005, 02:26 AM
What time should we get there? I would imagine it will be packed.

IronFisk
10-16-2005, 02:30 AM
What time should we get there? I would imagine it will be packed.

Yeah, but since it's still a "hidden" gem, you could get there about a 1/2 hour before the game and "maybe" get a seat. However, I'm guessing tomorrow will be a total free-for-all. Game time is 6:30 CT.

Foulke You
10-16-2005, 02:31 AM
Hmmm, this is tempting. I live in Des Plaines now so it would be a pretty good drive but I definitely want to be in a place packed with real Sox fans.

What's the TV situation like at Puffers? I've never been there. Do they have a few big screens or is it mostly little screens scattered about?

chisoxfanatic
10-16-2005, 02:31 AM
Puffers has been absolutely RAMMED the past two nights to say the least. Sox fans are coming out in droves to support this team! I actually DID tear up a few times tonight...Gawd, am I so excited (chisoxmike and ChiSoxGirl can both attest to this)!!!

Come one, come all!!! Puffers, baby!!!

WikdChiSoxFan
10-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Glad to see you've discovered Puffer's...sorry I was absent the last couple of nights, but I will be back in full force tomorrow. '59 freebie cap sitting close to the door if I get there soon enough. There will be an extra cap in front of me at the bar.

Be wary, when we swept Boston, CBS and NBC were on the scene...you might get your ugly mug on TV...(I was interviewed right afterwords, with a little too much Pabst in my system and a little to much excitement pumpin' through the veins.)

Puffer's is THE place to be... I expect to see you all there.

kninchicago
10-16-2005, 02:33 AM
well I will be there along with dcb33. Can't wait!

chisoxfanatic
10-16-2005, 02:37 AM
Could this be a WSI invasion??? :D:

Wimpy
10-16-2005, 02:42 AM
After watching the last 3 games at my buddy's house, we all decided to go to Puffers tomorrow. We want to be where the action is. It sounds like it is going to be a blast. See everyone tommorrow. Do they have the sound of the game on nice and loud? I sure hope so. One more win baby. Let's get it tommorrow.

ChiSoxGirl
10-16-2005, 02:47 AM
Hmmm, this is tempting. I live in Des Plaines now so it would be a pretty good drive but I definitely want to be in a place packed with real Sox fans.

What's the TV situation like at Puffers? I've never been there. Do they have a few big screens or is it mostly little screens scattered about?

I'm in Des Plaines too, and the drive has been totally worth it, including the hour & a half it took me to get down there on Friday! Word of advice though... if you're taking the Kennedy in, DO NOT get on 90 at Lee St. because the traffic has been HORRIBLE! It took me 25 minutes to reach the toll booth from Lee St. today! They're ripping up like 6 of the toll lanes and it's an absolute disaster; get on 90 at Cumberland if at all possible.

Seriously though, these people know how to PARTY at Puffers! The atmosphere is just awesome- everybody hangs on each pitch, people start random chants, etc. They have little screens scatted about, but one is an LCD t.v. like right in the middle of the bar, which is awesome. C'mon out... it'll be ROCKIN' tomorrow!

chisoxfanatic
10-16-2005, 02:48 AM
Do they have the sound of the game on nice and loud? I sure hope so.

Yep. But, even their loudest setting isn't enough to overpower the loud cheers from all the Sox fans!!!

SouthSide_HitMen
10-16-2005, 03:16 AM
Do they pipe in the TV announcers or John and Ed from AM 1000?

From what I have heard the TV announcers make White Sox fans want to puke. If it is the radio feed I'll make my way down there.

downstairs
10-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Yeah, but since it's still a "hidden" gem, you could get there about a 1/2 hour before the game and "maybe" get a seat. However, I'm guessing tomorrow will be a total free-for-all. Game time is 6:30 CT.

Game time is 3:30 PM Central, as far as I know...

Ahhhh... unless thats your trick to keeping the place less crowded? :cool:

ajtokarz
10-16-2005, 09:27 AM

Coverage Starts at 6:30

First Pitch 7:15pm. Just got it out of the paper.

WikdChiSoxFan
10-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Do they pipe in the TV announcers or John and Ed from AM 1000?

From what I have heard the TV announcers make White Sox fans want to puke. If it is the radio feed I'll make my way down there.

You can't really hear the TV too well...people are cheering and talking and don't really want to hear Joe @#?$... the radio is always 3 seconds before the TV so it doesn't work well....

But Morgan's will probably have the radio synced to the game as they are sponsored by ESPN 1000 or something... That's 1325 S. Halstead... quite a bit north of bridgeport...

Morgan's is a nice place...but I got to be at Puffer's with all my friends for this one.

Go Sox Go!!!

downstairs
10-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Coverage Starts at 6:30
First Pitch 7:15pm. Just got it out of the paper.

Ahhhh... well either it changed or Sportsline has it wrong:
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/scoreboard/20051016

(actually... in the past hour Sportsline has listed the Sox at 3pm, Cards at 7pm.... now it says Sox 7pm, Cards 4pm.... but MLB says both at 7pm.....)

IronFisk
10-16-2005, 02:35 PM

MUHAHAHAHAHA! :gulp:

veeter
10-16-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm watching at home, in my lucky recliner. I can't change my routine. Each post season game I've asked my daughter if the Sox are going to win, each game she's said,"yes". I failed to ask her the morning of game 1 of the ALCS. Therefore, again I can't change my routine. By the way, she said, "yes" again this morning. I'll see you at Puffer's for the series. Can't wait to go crazy with you fellow Sox fans.

shbart
10-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Being a life-long Northside Sox fan I was in serious need of being in the hood last night. Was at Puffers with my cousin who grew up in Bridgeport. Had a a great time. Met Hangar because I recognized him from pics on WSI. Sorry I didn't recognize the rest of you. Btw, after the game we did a little pub crawl of a few the other Bridgeport places. Ended up with take out from Freddie's....man, I saw the biggest, nastiest chilli cheese fries I've ever seen. Anyone survive that's eaten there??? :D: ...won't make it tonight, but it looks I've got a few people to take my place....bring home the LCS title baby!!!