PDA

View Full Version : What goes well with this thread? Brie?

cheeses_h_rice
10-16-2005, 01:26 AM
When you lose 8-2, I guess this (http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=16&threadID=2532133&lastPostID=14861340) is the stuff you focus on.

SweetnesSox
10-16-2005, 01:27 AM
I love looking at inferior message boards. makes me appreciate you guys.:redface:

cheeses_h_rice
10-16-2005, 01:29 AM
The Chicago Nobodies: American League Champions (http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=16&threadID=2532024&lastPostID=14858816).

I like the sound of that.

:cool:

SweetnesSox
10-16-2005, 01:29 AM
hahaha keep it comin bud. oh and i think a nice swiss would be nice.

SweetnesSox
10-16-2005, 01:30 AM
same guy posted both too >.< makes me very angry that people try to make us look bad. at least the real fans are lettin him have it.:bandance:

LuvSox
10-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Trouble in Anaheim.

The only thing left is the embalming.

SweetnesSox
10-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Trouble in Anaheim.

The only thing left is the embalming.

let's just leave it with "it sure looks good for the white sox". Cautiously optimistic is how i head into this 3-1 lead.

LuvSox
10-16-2005, 01:36 AM
let's just leave it with "it sure looks good for the white sox". Cautiously optimistic is how i head into this 3-1 lead.

Of course.

But, being a White Sox fan for so long, I recognize the signs and symptoms.

Tomorrow is a big day for us..........

CLR01
10-16-2005, 01:36 AM
The Chicago Nobodies: American League Champions (http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=16&threadID=2532024&lastPostID=14858816).

I like the sound of that.

LOL, hey buddy those nobodies will be resting up for the WS after tomorrow night.

SweetnesSox
10-16-2005, 01:38 AM
Of course.

But, being a White Sox fan for so long, I recognize the signs and symptoms.

Tomorrow is a big day for us.......... haha I know I'm excited too. I've been a sox fan for all of my 18 years, and if my dad has taught me one thing, it's that a team is never done until they're at home watching on TV.

SOXintheBURGH
10-16-2005, 01:39 AM
Don't forget, the Cubs had a 3-1 lead.

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
10-16-2005, 01:41 AM

Lip

Yeah, but did they have Zambrano, Prior and Wood for Games 5 through 7?

Oh. Wait. They did.

:o:

:wink:

SweetnesSox
10-16-2005, 01:43 AM
Oh. Wait. They did.

:o:

and I thank the good Lord every night that we have Contreras, Buehrle, and Garland lines up instead of those shmucks.

JBJas42
10-16-2005, 01:51 AM
My favorite quote on the board:

AJ is OJ to a lesser extent. He doesn't want to admit the truth.

Wow... if the catcher's glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Me and my girlfriend couldn't quit commeting tonight on how the Angels are acting like a bunch of whiny spoiled children. Who was responsible for last night's loss? Who was responsible for tonight's 8-2 drubbing (which was not dependent on some arguably blown calls)? Was it the bogeyman? Was it :dtroll:?

Podsednik summed it up best when he said that good teams make their own breaks. What did Hernandez do in ALDS Game 3 with a teacup strike zone? He persevered. What did the Angels do after the dropped third strike call? Fold.

Let's get this over with in 5 and get to the promised land! :D:

peeonwrigley
10-16-2005, 01:51 AM
and I thank the good Lord every night that we have Contreras, Buehrle, and Garland lines up instead of those shmucks.

And lucky for us, we're facing Paul Byrd and not a lights out Josh Beckett for game 5 (or 7 for that matter.)

cheeses_h_rice
10-16-2005, 01:54 AM
I think what's most infuriating to these "Angels fans" (*cough*Cub fans*cough) is that AJ and Scott aren't biting on the questions from the reporters and admitting that they benefited from blown calls. It's their quasi poker face after the Sox pretty much dominated the Angels that's pissing them off.

Anyone who knows AJ Pierzynski would realize that he's not about to give it up to these mediots. AJ's a gamer, and he's been one since his days on the Twins. That's part of the reason I'm glad he's a Sox now.

Screw the mediots and the whiners. We don't care.

TheOldRoman
10-16-2005, 02:06 AM

Lip
:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Banix12
10-16-2005, 02:09 AM

You know part of me expected to see that story in the trib as another history lesson but so far I don't see it from checking the website.

What I like about the Finley non-interference play is if Finley just runs to first base at full speed there is no way they get that double play and they get another run in and a runner on first.

Also while you can never say the way the ball was going to go, though it looked like even if it didn't hit the mitt it was probably heading in the same direciton, but maybe even without the interference he hits that ball to Iguchi anyway and it's a guaranteed double play since Finley would have probably hit the ball much harder.

This whole series frankly has been largely a lesson in "never assume".

TheOldRoman
10-16-2005, 02:12 AM
LOL, hey buddy those nobodies will be resting up for the WS after tomorrow night.
What's with the purple? Did I miss a memo?

CLR01
10-16-2005, 03:13 PM
What's with the purple? Did I miss a memo?

That would be the pipe dream color fading to black.

batmanZoSo
10-16-2005, 03:27 PM
That would be the pipe dream color fading to black.

Wow, that is so cool. We need someone to make a graphic of something fading from pink to solid black. And you know what it would say, I'm not gonna say it yet. But it would be cool!

TDog
10-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Angels fans would be a lot happier if Frank Thomas, Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Lee were in the middle of the Sox lineup. For whatever reason, the Sox didn't win as many games in those days.

You become "somebodies" by doing what the Sox are doing, winning games, unless Angels fans want to define Kotchman as a "somebody." If that's the case, I'm not sure I understand where they're coming from.

As for the whining about the umpire not hearing the bat tip AJ's glove, as I noted in chat, maybe the fans should blame the noise in the park from those danged thundersticks.