PDA

View Full Version : Crede stealing...

tifosiv122
10-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Does anyone else think Ozzie sent him so that Pods with 2 strikes and 2 outs would lead off the next inning fresh?

I mean if he made the steal, good, if he doesn't, then Pods leads off...Win Win in my mind.

Or am I overthinking this?

Erik

LuvSox
10-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Ozzie is far brighter than this.

Houston and St. Louis have scouts in the crowd.

mmmmmbeeer
10-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Does anyone else think Ozzie sent him so that Pods with 2 strikes and 2 outs would lead off the next inning fresh?

I mean if he made the steal, good, if he doesn't, then Pods leads off...Win Win in my mind.

Erik

I think you analyzed it just right. That was definitely the motivation.

shoota II
10-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Ozzie is far brighter than this.

Houston and St. Louis have scouts in the crowd.

Please explain further. I don't know of the point you're making, but am interested in knowing.

LuvSox
10-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Please explain further. I don't know of the point you're making, but am interested in knowing.

Why not keep everybody guessing. Is this a spot to run the ridiculously slow Crede? Probably not. If he keeps the NL teams guessing, they won't know what is coming next.

jabrch
10-16-2005, 02:06 AM
He ran him the same reason he has run nearly every time he had a chance all season. Because he believes in putting maximum pressure on inferior pitchers and making defenders make perfect plays to get outs.

Deuce
10-16-2005, 03:47 AM

Erik

I think you are overthinking it. We play aggressive baseball, of which stealing is a necessary element. That means that most every player has to take the plunge now and then.

Deuce

ATXBMX
10-16-2005, 03:52 AM
I definetly think Ozzie sent Crede to save Podsednik an at bat. In fact, I thought Ozzie would do the same thing earlier in the game after Uribe walked with 2 out.

I would rather have Podsednik leading off an inning, rather than ending one, especially with a modest lead.

tifosiv122
10-16-2005, 08:04 PM
LOL, about half of you agree, the other half doesn't think so.

To be honest, if he did do it on purpose, I think it made perfect sense...although even with Pods getting on 3rd with no outs, we couldn't get him home...not that it mattered with our lead.

Erik