PDA

View Full Version : Brian Giles

dougs78
12-12-2001, 08:45 AM
Brian Giles would be an outstanding pick-up for the Sox. If this is something that is truly being talked about by the GM's, and we can get this deal done without giving up the core then I say lets do it. Buehrle however can not be in the deal.

I liked the one in the other thread by vjahspal, Lee, Ginter and Kipper for Giles and Ritchie. That would be almost too good to be true. What does everyone think it would honestly take to pry away Giles from the Bucs?

I don't mind giving up 2 pitchers with Lee. I just hope that garland, buehrle and rauch aren't in the deal.

My trade:
Carlos Lee, Kip Wells and a real prospect type (jason stumm?)for just Giles.

What do you think?

dougs78
12-12-2001, 10:00 AM
You know one other thing I was thinking about.....isn't it great to actually have rumors about the Sox??? Whether it comes to fruition or not, I love the fact that there at least rumors from major news outlets about us getting players, instead of giving players.

Gives us something worthwhile to talk about if nothing else.

RedPinStripes
12-12-2001, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by dougs78
You know one other thing I was thinking about.....isn't it great to actually have rumors about the Sox??? Whether it comes to fruition or not, I love the fact that there at least rumors from major news outlets about us getting players, instead of giving players.

Gives us something worthwhile to talk about if nothing else.

At least one of these big moves better be true or we will just be a bunch of angry Sox fans at Comiskey next year that still hate JR AND KW.

harwar
12-12-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

At least one of these big moves better be true or we will just be a bunch of angry Sox fans at Comiskey next year that still hate JR AND KW.

I will go to my grave hating J.R.(dorf owns a baseball team) because of his part in cancelling the World Series in 94.He was leading the charge against the players and wanted a confrontation.Whatever problems there are,YOU DON"T CANCEL THE WORLD SERIES!Thats f@cking with my religion.Anyway(i'm still angry about that),the division is winable this coming year even if we don't win games in the high 90s.The tribe is rebuilding and the twins are not going to start like they did last year.The way i see it.Its our division to win or lose.

Kilroy
12-12-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
I don't mind giving up 2 pitchers with Lee. I just hope that garland, buehrle and rauch aren't in the deal.

My trade:
Carlos Lee, Kip Wells and a real prospect type (jason stumm?)for just Giles.

What do you think?

I agree with that completely. No Glover, or Lowe either.

czalgosz
12-12-2001, 12:27 PM
Why not Glover or Lowe? I like Glover and Lowe as pitchers, but I'd certainly rather give one of them up than Garland or Rauch or Guerrier.

BTW, did anyone else see that the Yanks were interested in Ray Durham? Apparently they want to move Soriano to left. Who would you ask for for Ray Durham? I'd ask for Randy Keisler, myself...

FarmerAndy
12-12-2001, 12:52 PM
Buehrle should be untouchable as far as I'm concerned. I'd trade Lee along with your choice of Kip or Garland. Buehrle showed that he had brains well ahead of his years on the mound last year. He wasn't just some kid with a cannon arm that might burn out next year, he was a smart pitcher. Pitchers who pitch with their heads, rather than their arms, are the ones who last a real long time. I don't want to lose somebody like that.

I hope it's true about the Yankees being interested in Durham,
although I can't see why they would want a second baseman who has attention deficit disorder. I think Manos would be a good second baseman, and since I don't think K.W. will be able to dump Royce, an opening at second would be a good thing.