PDA

View Full Version : So This Is What it's Like.....

DannyCaterFan
10-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Like all Sox fans, I am thoroughly enjoying this post season run. I have been a fan for 46 years and never have I enjoyed an October as much as this one. Finally, this could be our year. As I was driving around in my car yesterday, the thought occurred to me why this is so great. THERE ARE NO CUBS RIGHT NOW!!! The whole city has White Sox fever. People everywhere are talking about the Sox, from the fans on the street to the media. Open the sport's pages and what do you see? Wall to wall coverage. Turn on the TV....All Sox all the time. People all over the city dressed in White Sox clothing. Vendors on street corners selling shirts, etc. For these last two weeks, it's been what I have always dreamed of...Chicago is a one team town, and it's the SOX. :bandance:

Reni
10-15-2005, 06:47 PM
sweet, eh????!!! :bandance:

RichFitztightly
10-15-2005, 06:51 PM
I've been thinking that this must be what it's like to have good management, good players, and a good team concept. There have been many times in the past, regarding all Chicago sports, where none of the above equation has been present. It's a pleasure to watch this team.

joejacksonsdad
10-15-2005, 10:44 PM
These are great times for us long suffering, ever hopeful people who make up the White Sox fan base. When I talk to people the first thing they say is "Well you must be happy". And it's true. This is long overdue. We have had some great teams in the past, but none have had the special qualities that team. I have tickets for the duration, and I plan to savor every minute. Some people have told me I should sell my tickets for top dollar. That's when you know they don't get it. If this is what it's like, I hope it lasts. If they do it this year, we will all look back on the '05 season and think of it as the time of our lives.

DenverSock
10-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Like all Sox fans, I am thoroughly enjoying this post season run. I have been a fan for 46 years and never have I enjoyed an October as much as this one. Finally, this could be our year. As I was driving around in my car yesterday, the thought occurred to me why this is so great. THERE ARE NO CUBS RIGHT NOW!!! The whole city has White Sox fever. People everywhere are talking about the Sox, from the fans on the street to the media. Open the sport's pages and what do you see? Wall to wall coverage. Turn on the TV....All Sox all the time. People all over the city dressed in White Sox clothing. Vendors on street corners selling shirts, etc. For these last two weeks, it's been what I have always dreamed of...Chicago is a one team town, and it's the SOX. :bandance:

Everybody here in Denver just thinks it's strange that I go around in a Sox Cap. I won't be able to go to any of the games and I'm jealous of all you guys.

nasox
10-15-2005, 11:00 PM
85 Bears

Now, the:

05 White Sox

Cool, huh? :cool:

getonbckthr
10-16-2005, 02:57 AM
IS THIS HEAVEN?

DaleJRFan
10-16-2005, 03:00 AM
IS THIS HEAVEN?

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1007241/photo_07.jpg

"No, its WSI."

DSpivack
10-16-2005, 03:08 AM

"No, its WSI."

World Series
I?

MUsoxfan
10-16-2005, 03:27 AM
"No, its WSI."

Damn....I could've sworn it's heaven

chitownhawkfan
10-16-2005, 06:15 AM
"Is there a heaven? Oh yeah! its a place where the Sox always play in October and always win pennants."

getonbckthr
10-16-2005, 11:11 AM

"No, its WSI."

i was hoping someone would follow me up.

batmanZoSo
10-16-2005, 12:29 PM

"No, its WSI."

HAHAHAHA

D. TODD
10-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Like all Sox fans, I am thoroughly enjoying this post season run. I have been a fan for 46 years and never have I enjoyed an October as much as this one. Finally, this could be our year. As I was driving around in my car yesterday, the thought occurred to me why this is so great. THERE ARE NO CUBS RIGHT NOW!!! The whole city has White Sox fever. People everywhere are talking about the Sox, from the fans on the street to the media. Open the sport's pages and what do you see? Wall to wall coverage. Turn on the TV....All Sox all the time. People all over the city dressed in White Sox clothing. Vendors on street corners selling shirts, etc. For these last two weeks, it's been what I have always dreamed of...Chicago is a one team town, and it's the SOX. :bandance: The fact that the Cubs are done will add nothing to the joy I feel if the Sox win the pennant. 100% of my emotions during this run is completely focused on the Sox. For all of the obnoxious Scrub fans I won't say a word, my ear to ear smile will say it all. I'm not one to count my chickens before their hatched though, so I'm still on edge until the mission is accomplished! Let's go get em tonight Jose, then hopefully prepare for the big one next week!