PDA

View Full Version : <teal>SURPRISE!</teal> Score talking about the Urinal (again)

credefan24
10-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Hilarious! The host suggests opening up the North Side park and putting a jumbotron in centerfield to watch the Sox/NL champ W/S games. Hahahah!!! How much more of a slap in the face to north side fans is that?
And the co-host said they should make shirts that say "I saw the World Series at Wrigley Field" with logos of the Sox and NL champs. I love it!

GO GO SOX

IJay22
10-15-2005, 11:28 AM
LOL, if its sox vs.cardinals it would the biggest insult ever. :D:

LongLiveFisk
10-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Hilarious! The host suggests opening up the North Side park and putting a jumbotron in centerfield to watch the Sox/NL champ W/S games. Hahahah!!! How much more of a slap in the face to north side fans is that?
And the co-host said they should make shirts that say "I saw the World Series at Wrigley Field" with logos of the Sox and NL champs. I love it!

GO GO SOX

Yeah but one of these guys (Joe Bartosh-sp?) is a Cub fan and they said Cub fans could watch at Wrigley and root against the Sox. Of course that would work well if the opponent is St Louis, dopes.

SweetnesSox
10-15-2005, 11:52 AM
haha either way it will HOPEFULLY be the white sox vs. the NL central. so TAKE THAT sCrUBS!

DrCrawdad
10-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Steve Olken is a complete Cublove dooffass. Towards the end of the season Olken mocked the Sox repeatedly with boasts of how the Cubs had drawn better than the Cubs. The day before Olken's remarks, the Sox drew 30K, while at The Shrine the announced attendance was 38K. However, I remember a Cubbie fan who was there said that there was no more than 22K in attendance that day.

http://www.670thescore.com/includes/news_items/2/14/pic_steve_olken.jpg
Steve Olken, a face for radio but the intelligence of a jackass. Sorry for the putdown jackasses.

itsnotrequired
10-15-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't know if it has been posted or not but the Brew & View (Vic Theater) is showing Sunday's game on the big screen. If the series comes back to Chicago, they will show those games as well. Admission is free.

There is a concert tonight so no-no on tonight's game.

I watched the NLCS games in 2003 there as well as some Packers-Bears MNF games. It is a good time.

DumpJerry
10-15-2005, 12:53 PM
I was listening to the Score in my car and almost ran off the street when I heard this (censored) idea. MEMO TO JR: CANCEL THE SCORE'S CONTRACT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MarySwiss
10-15-2005, 01:31 PM
This may not be the dumbest idea I've ever heard, but it's way up there! :?:

DumpJerry
10-15-2005, 01:37 PM
This may not be the dumbest idea I've ever heard, but it's way up there! :?:
This idea shows how pitiful the Blue Crowd has become. One guy called into the station who said he was a Sox fan and said to do it because that's the only way there would be World Series seen at The Urinal. The radio guys chastised him for being mean spirited. *****! It's our turn to shine! Flub fans can just crawl back into their cave and finish off the beer.

MarySwiss
10-15-2005, 01:41 PM
This idea shows how pitiful the Blue Crowd has become. One guy called into the station who said he was a Sox fan and said to do it because that's the only way there would be World Series seen at The Urinal. The radio guys chastised him for being mean spirited. *****! It's our turn to shine! Flub fans can just crawl back into their cave and finish off the beer.

That's uncanny; I just said the exact same thing!

Besides, isn't Wrigley Field under construction or something? And do those guys really think the Trib is going to pay out the money they would need to have security, vendors, etc., there? And who's going to go, anyway? Real Sox fans wouldn't be caught dead in the place, and I can't see Cubs fans paying to watch the Sox play the Cardinals or Astros; they hate all three teams!

jdm2662
10-15-2005, 03:41 PM
To be fair, Bartash wasn't the one that brought it up. It was Baum, who is a Reds fan. Bartash kept telling Baum he's out of his mind and mentioned that the bleachers are being torn down. It was just some stupid jester to cause stir, and quite honostly, I doubt he was serious. They also ripped on Berman all morning last Saturday about his bias and how they were disgusted by it. This was coming from two non-Sox fans.

SOXSINCE'70
10-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Anyone catch the Cub-Une's sports section this morning??
Here;s a new one: sCrUBS fans bitching about the attention the
SOX are getting.:rolleyes: Welcome to reality,chumps.Now you know why Sox
fans scream the word BIASED about your rag's coverage of the team from
April to October.:puking:

PS-the SNORE sucks!!:angry: :angry:

chitownhawkfan
10-15-2005, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=DrCrawdad]Steve Olken is a complete Cublove dooffass. Towards the end of the season Olken mocked the Sox repeatedly with boasts of how the Cubs had drawn better than the Cubs. The day before Olken's remarks, the Sox drew 30K, while at The Shrine the announced attendance was 38K. However, I remember a Cubbie fan who was there said that there was no more than 22K in attendance that day.

Maybe the Tribune counts attendance with the same methods they use to count subscriptions?

LongLiveFisk
10-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Anyone catch the Cub-Une's sports section this morning??
Here;s a new one: sCrUBS fans bitching about the attention the
SOX are getting.:rolleyes: Welcome to reality,chumps.Now you know why Sox
fans scream the word BIASED about your rag's coverage of the team from
April to October.:puking:

PS-the SNORE sucks!!:angry: :angry:

:violin: Oh poor Cub fans...we have to WIN to get attention. They get it even when they suck. What a bunch of whiners. :whiner:

RKMeibalane
10-15-2005, 06:22 PM
:violin: Oh poor Cub fans...we have to WIN to get attention. They get it even when they suck. What a bunch of whiners. :whiner:

Cubs fans are the ultimate glory-hogs. Everything has to be about them, no matter what it is. When the Red Sox made their run to the WS last season, the Cubs fans were amongst the first to stick their noses in it, trying to take attention away from the Red Sox fanbase. They just can't stand it when someone else gets media coverage. What they don't realize is that the media isn't going to write about a team that isn't even playing- usually. The Cubune and the Score have been talking about the Cubs the past few days, in spite of the fact that their season has been over for two weeks.

I can't wait until the WS trophy is back on the South Side. I want to see what Cubs fans have to say for themselves then.

LongLiveFisk
10-15-2005, 06:28 PM
Cubs fans are the ultimate glory-hogs. Everything has to be about them, no matter what it is. When the Red Sox made their run to the WS last season, the Cubs fans were amongst the first to stick their noses in it, trying to take attention away from the Red Sox fanbase.

I kept making a joke about them raising the 2004 World Champions banner at Wrigley Field. I mean, you honestly would have thought THEY won the WS the way some of those people acted. And a lot of the Red Sox fans did get pissed about it, to their credit. So my respect for them elevated after that, and after our series with them you could tell they had a lot more baseball savvy than Cub fans.