PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Sox Get Love From Fox

FielderJones
10-15-2005, 10:53 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4980088
"The Chicago White Sox should be America's team, at least for this month. In an era where everyone uses the word "respect," the White Sox have truly been disrespected, in every possible way locally and nationally, this year and historically."

pssondacubs
10-15-2005, 11:27 AM
He's almost got it.... The comments about the ball park are opinion only. If someone tells you Johns spaghetti is better than Joes. Then tells you again 3 times a day every day for years. Soon you'll start thinking John has the best spaghetti ever... So lets compare;

Better seats- the cell
Better views- the cell
Scoreboard- the cell
capacity- the cell
food- the cell
Organ music and entertainment- the cell
parking- the cell
location- the cell
the outfield walkway- the cell
bars in the ballpark- the cell
the field drainage- the cell
the field itself- the cell
outfield walls- the cell (unless slamming into brickwalls is your thing)
stores- the cell
fireworks- the cell
Urine on the floor- the urinal
Drunks who break their neck falling over their buddy- the urinal (I actually witnessed this happening. The ticket was free, or I would never have been there)

Uhhh I guesss he's right. The Urinal is a better ballpark.

The Wall
10-15-2005, 12:22 PM
He's a DFP writer and not a Fox news reporter. I would be surprised if that idiot Fox reporter who said Podsednik had no value came out and said the the same things as this guy.

RedPinStripes
10-15-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm very happy with the coverage. Eventhough ESPN is not covering the game THANK GOD! They did the worst job EVER covering the ALDS.

The Sox are getting the the love they deserve and it wouldn't be like this if we were playing the Yankees. I've never seen anything like this year as a Sox fan. Enjoy it Sox fans!

I LIVE FOR THIS!

seanpmurphy
10-15-2005, 12:31 PM
*sigh* I hope everyone does NOT take this guy's advice and jump on a White Sox bandwagon for a month and then next March or April forget who they were cheering for.

RedPinStripes
10-15-2005, 12:35 PM
*sigh* I hope everyone does NOT take this guy's advice and jump on a White Sox bandwagon for a month and then next March or April forget who they were cheering for.

Don't worry, all will be back to normal once Lou Pinella is managing the Yankees and they get more big name players at the end of there careeer and the Red Sox trying to move Manny will be the talk over the winter.

seanpmurphy
10-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Don't worry, all will be back to normal once Lou Pinella is managing the Yankees and they get more big name players at the end of there careeer and the Red Sox trying to move Manny will be the talk over the winter.

Maybe the Cubs will bring in Joe Torre!! That'll end their post-season drought for sure.

RedPinStripes
10-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Maybe the Cubs will bring in Joe Torre!! That'll end their post-season drought for sure.

HA! Joe Torre is an over paid babysitter. Does he ever out manage anyone? Hell, Baker might have won a series with some of the teams they've had over the last 10 years.

ArkanSox
10-15-2005, 08:46 PM
But c'mon--the Cubs? He'd have his work cut out for him, but I always did wanna see a Chicago city series. That would be the ultimate--kicking Cub butt in the World Series. Ha.