PDA

View Full Version : A Great Statement Being repeated In the Sox Clubhouse

swanson24
10-15-2005, 11:51 AM
After game three several White Sox players were asked how the team will play now knowing that they are getting closer and closer to making the World Series?

The response by Paul Konerko when asked was that the team has been told by Ozzie that they can't look too far forward because "every time you win in the playoffs the games get tougher. In listening to Konerko's interview you knew that these weren't just meaningless words but the way he felt. The attitude and the focus by our players is phenomenal.

I don't know if anybody else has posted this topic but I would like to know what other people on this website think about the way our players are approaching playoff baseball and the high expectations that come along with it.

ElevenUp
10-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Last night everyone looked relaxed. Great pitching. Solid defense. And 1-5 in the lineup all contributed. Looks to me like Ozzie has these guys focused on the task at hand. I think we need to thank Cleveland for getting so hot in the second half of the season. No coasting into the playoffs for these guys. During the final series vs. the Tribe the Sox got a good look at a team that was pressing, and realized that they were doing the same and needed to relax. Since then, they have looked as good as they have all year.

soxjim
10-15-2005, 12:12 PM
The team is focused on the task at hand. This goes back to the last 2 games in Detroit. We did to stay the current course of one game at a time for 6 more wins. Any bumps along the way regroup and stay on the game at hand. Go SOX.

voodoochile
10-15-2005, 12:13 PM
The Sox are acting like professional baseball players - just like they have all year. Great attitude and great teamwork.

:ozzie:
"Fun equals winning and winning equals fun."

Layla
10-15-2005, 12:14 PM
I like the fact that they look confident but not arrogant.

I don't think any player is thinking these games are a shoe in. They know what they have to do and do it.

jerry myers
10-15-2005, 12:27 PM
they are 2 games away from taking this city and fans to the big game. THATS AWESOME! very very big for this city, and the well deserved fans. in words i cant descibe! they know this they want this. we love em for that. they get back to chicago lets rock this place with support and pride.

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2005, 02:55 PM
The Sox have a precautionary tale they can look at and take good advice from, and that's what happened to the other team from Chicago just 2 years ago.

It ain't over 'til it's over, and I'm positive our guys are smart enough not to think anything's in the bag until that final out of their fourth win.

TDog
10-15-2005, 04:38 PM
The Sox have a precautionary tale they can look at and take good advice from, and that's what happened to the other team from Chicago just 2 years ago.

It ain't over 'til it's over, and I'm positive our guys are smart enough not to think anything's in the bag until that final out of their fourth win.

A cautionary tale indeed. It's been a fun ride. And when it gets back to Chicago to face whoever, I'm sure Sox fans will keep their hands and feet inside the car at all times.

FanofBill
10-15-2005, 04:38 PM
The Sox are acting like professional baseball players - just like they have all year. Great attitude and great teamwork.

:
"Fun equals winning and winning equals fun."

Yep! They act like they have done this before (been there done that attitude). I love that but at the same time, watch out for the final out of the Worls Series, when they win. Now that would be some celebrations. :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

PicktoCLick72
10-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Let's go out with the same attitude tonight and bring home another winner.