PDA

View Full Version : Paul Konerko .... On Fire right now

Hangar18
10-15-2005, 10:38 AM
This is about as excellent as Ive ever seen Paulie. He has been carrying this club offensively the last few weeks, and last nite was no exception. John Lackey thought he could keep throwing curveball after curve ball. I said if he keeps that up, hes gonna hang one and Konerko mashed it. Next AB, Lackey went straight fastballs and Konerko struck out. Next AB after that, Konerko looked fastball in, and singled. Excellent ab's from Paulie last nite

Fenway
10-15-2005, 10:45 AM
from the AP national wire

Konerko Leading ChiSox to World Series (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BBA_WHITE_SOX_KONERKO?SITE=NYNYD&SECTION=BASEBALL&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

ThatGuyOnTheL
10-15-2005, 10:52 AM
This is about as excellent as Ive ever seen Paulie. He has been carrying this club offensively the last few weeks, and last nite was no exception. John Lackey thought he could keep throwing curveball after curve ball. I said if he keeps that up, hes gonna hang one and Konerko mashed it. Next AB, Lackey went straight fastballs and Konerko struck out. Next AB after that, Konerko looked fastball in, and singled. Excellent ab's from Paulie last nite

The opposite-field single in the 8th was just some sweet hitting. The homer was excellent, but I was even more excited to see him execute the fundamentals like that.

soxrme
10-15-2005, 11:29 AM

Is he doing well enough to make the espn poll for mvp yet?

Fuller_Schettman
10-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Is he doing well enough to make the espn poll for mvp yet?

Sorry, they have already awarded the MVP to ARod.

The Yankees wouldn't be where they are now if not for him...

SweetnesSox
10-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Sorry, they have already awarded the MVP to ARod.

The Yankees wouldn't be where they are now if not for him... OH SNAP!

HotelWhiteSox
10-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Also, he had the single that scored Tad, where he was heads up and took second on the throw