PDA

View Full Version : Sox Captain

The Dude
10-15-2005, 10:16 AM
If we can resign PK next season, do you think Ozzie and KW should make him captain?

And while we're on this, who was (if any) the last White Sox captain?

SOXintheBURGH
10-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I voted no Captain. No reason to elevate anyone above the team.

munchman33
10-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Ozzie is our captain.

And Konerko is the last guy on anyone's roster that should be named captain. He can't keep his mouth shut.

The Dude
10-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Ozzie is our captain.

And Konerko is the last guy on anyone's roster that should be named captain. He can't keep his mouth shut.

Yeah PK made some bad comments early in the year...but he's been fine since the allstar break.

And munch, how can you judge someone as a captain by keeping their mouth shut when you just said Ozzie "the mouth" Guillen is our captain??

Dont get me wrong, I love players and managers that speak their mind. No bull**** required with PK or Ozzie.

IJay22
10-15-2005, 11:26 AM
I say keep things the way they are, no captain but many leaders in the clubhouse

Deuce
10-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Captain? Captain?!?!? We don' need no stinking Captains!

Yeah PK made some bad comments early in the year...but he's been fine since the allstar break.
When asked about the AJ/Paul play in Game 2, Paulie said:

:walnuts

"I feel for them, because no question, it was a screwed-up thing. We'll look at it as a freebie and try to up our level of play."

A freebie!?!? How about "Josh Paul is a tool and should have tagged the batter." How about "it was a good heads up play by AJ." How about "I'm just going to shut up now and hit the ball." Captain, my ass.

Deuce

Chips
10-15-2005, 12:08 PM
There is no need for a captain on our team. I think the Royals, Blow Sox and Yankmees have an official captain. (I'm pretty sure Shammy had a C on his uniform with the Flubs, but I don't know if they still have one) A captain in baseball serves no purpose like captains in football or hockey. I can't stand looking at the stupid C on uniforms. No captain is needed.

Chisox003
10-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Captain? Captain?!?!? We don' need no stinking Captains!

When asked about the AJ/Paul play in Game 2, Paulie said:

:walnuts

"I feel for them, because no question, it was a screwed-up thing. We'll look at it as a freebie and try to up our level of play."

A freebie!?!? How about "Josh Paul is a tool and should have tagged the batter." How about "it was a good heads up play by AJ." How about "I'm just going to shut up now and hit the ball." Captain, my ass.

Deuce
You're reaching now.

How about "I'm just going to shut up now and enjoy our Sox making the run of a lifetime."

Quit looking for things to complain about :rolleyes:

RedPinStripes
10-15-2005, 12:11 PM
A captain in baseball? For what? Is he the designated player to talk to the umpires? I hate any player that has the ball to wear a "C" on his jersey in baseball. To me, all it says is "I'm above the other 24 guys." I can't stand it. The manager is your captain.

flo-B-flo
10-15-2005, 12:58 PM
In every situation on sports teams there will be a couple of guys that the players will look to for leadership. Call em captain call em cammander whatever. Managers need the veteran that will help with player concerns and take back to the manager any concern from the players. Unquestioned leaders on this team appear to be AJ, P KO, and Buerhle. Call it what you want.

HotelWhiteSox
10-15-2005, 01:09 PM
:hurt

Actions speak louder than words...and a letter on a jersey.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Captains are for loser teams. See Cubs, Chicago (Sosa) and Red Sox, Boston. Hey dude, why not add a curse too?
:rolleyes:

Yeah, we really need to be adding a "C" on the Sox uniform to feed the ego of one of the ballplayers.

:?:

RedPinStripes
10-15-2005, 01:20 PM
In every situation on sports teams there will be a couple of guys that the players will look to for leadership. Call em captain call em cammander whatever. Managers need the veteran that will help with player concerns and take back to the manager any concern from the players. Unquestioned leaders on this team appear to be AJ, P KO, and Buerhle. Call it what you want.

Call them whatever you want. There's no reason to put a C on their jersey.

Deuce
10-15-2005, 01:44 PM
You're reaching now.

How about "I'm just going to shut up now and enjoy our Sox making the run of a lifetime."

Quit looking for things to complain about :rolleyes:

Hey, the question was asked and I answered it. We don't need a captain, and if we did, Paulie isn't it. And by the way, no one has to "reach" or "look" for reasons to complain about PK's mouth. After all, he is the one that keeps opening it and saying counterproductive (and often stupid) remarks.

By the way, I am enjoying the White Sox making the run of a lifetime. I just wish Paulie would **** and let me enjoy it a little more.

Deuce

SweetnesSox
10-15-2005, 01:46 PM
AJ. just wants to win.

flo-B-flo
10-15-2005, 03:14 PM
There's no reason to put a C on their jersey. Hell I don't even like the names on Home uniforms. Every real fan knows who the guy is and don't need his name on his shirt. If you don't know get a program.

Ol' No. 2
10-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey, the question was asked and I answered it. We don't need a captain, and if we did, Paulie isn't it. And by the way, no one has to "reach" or "look" for reasons to complain about PK's mouth. After all, he is the one that keeps opening it and saying counterproductive (and often stupid) remarks.

By the way, I am enjoying the White Sox making the run of a lifetime. I just wish Paulie would **** and let me enjoy it a little more.

DeuceUm...if they WERE to have a captain, I'm pretty sure you don't get to pick him. I'm also pretty sure the people who WOULD get to pick him don't share your opinion.

Nellie_Fox
10-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Unquestioned leaders on this team appear to be AJ, P KO, and Buerhle.please tell me you didn't really mean to call him "P KO."

I beg you, stop the "first initial, first syllable" crap. Please.

FarWestChicago
10-15-2005, 04:55 PM
P KO:o: :thud: :puking:

Joosh
10-15-2005, 05:02 PM
AJ. just wants to win.

If I agreed that we needed a captain, which I don't, it would be AJ, no doubt.

:AJ:

"Oh Captain! My Captain!"

RKMeibalane
10-15-2005, 05:02 PM
please tell me you didn't really mean to call him "P KO."

I beg you, stop the "first initial, first syllable" crap. Please.

I don't like that, either. It's irritating the way people butcher other people's names, just for their own amusment.

Besides, Konerko is not a leader.

gobears1987
10-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Aj!!!

Palehose13
10-15-2005, 05:41 PM
No captain. This is a TEAM, why make one guy special.

btw...I love how PK finally shows up for the playoffs and the aPaulogists want to put him above the team. However, he does talk like he is better than most of his teammates, so why not?

Deuce
10-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Um...if they WERE to have a captain, I'm pretty sure you don't get to pick him.

Really?!?!? Gee, willikers!! What in the world are you talking about? When did I say I did? Someone asked for opinions and I gave mine. If I had known it would send the FOPKs into a tissy, I never would have posted it.

I'm also pretty sure the people who WOULD get to pick him don't share your opinion.

:cleo