PDA

View Full Version : What an Awesome year so far!

gehrtsox7
10-15-2005, 01:24 AM
I was strolling down this years memory lane with my wife today about how great this season has been so far...

- A huge winning streak to start the season
- Breaking the record for holding the lead in every game
- Garlands awesome season
- Podsednik getting into the All Star game
- The cool Sox montage that plays before the game
- Contreras 2nd half turn around
- Back to Back to Back Home runs off Randy Johnson
- A.J. stepping on that guy
- Sweeping the Indians to end the season
- Pounding on the Red Sox / Every game of that series
- The infamous A.J. play that happened 2 games ago in the bottom of the 9th

Im sure Ive not mentioned plenty ,,, what did I forget?

gehrtsox7
10-15-2005, 01:34 AM
(Crickets Chirping) .... c'mon .. No response? It aint that bad of a thread .... I guess I shouldnt be on my computer at 10:30 on a Friday night!

rwcescato
10-15-2005, 01:37 AM
I was strolling down this years memory lane with my wife today about how great this season has been so far...

- A huge winning streak to start the season
- Breaking the record for holding the lead in every game
- Garlands awesome season
- Podsednik getting into the All Star game
- The cool Sox montage that plays before the game
- Contreras 2nd half turn around
- Back to Back to Back Home runs off Randy Johnson
- A.J. stepping on that guy
- Sweeping the Indians to end the season
- Pounding on the Red Sox / Every game of that series
- The infamous A.J. play that happened 2 games ago in the bottom of the 9th

Im sure Ive not mentioned plenty ,,, what did I forget?

I absolutely agree. We are now 2 wins away from advancing. It seems all the breaks are going our way. We have actually taken advatange of those breaks with wins. I look forward to the next 2 weeks to see if we can advance and actually be in the World Series and win it. That is something I will not know how to act with. I am 41 years old and will only be so ecstatic if it occurs.
GO SOX!!!!
Rich:supernana:

gehrtsox7
10-15-2005, 01:41 AM
How bout Ozzie's Dancing in the Dugout,,, some sort of Churro dance?

milrtyme28
10-15-2005, 02:07 AM
you forgot the incredible "turn back the clock" interleague series vs the dodgers. how cool is it that we drew the dodgers THIS YEAR? That we relived the 1959 world series THIS YEAR? 2 of those games were incredible!! I watched the sunday night game from the fan deck - my first game up there. Wow!

That series was also the rebirth of the "lets go, go-go white sox" song too. :)

This has been a really unbelieveable year. :smile:

FanofBill
10-15-2005, 02:12 AM
And just about the time I thought that the WS can't beat what they have done so far, they gave us another game that was even better. You know what I mean ?

RadioheadRocks
10-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Hear, hear!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-15-2005, 02:18 AM
pablo stealing home? :bandance:

getonbckthr
10-15-2005, 02:25 AM
JOE CREDE

chisoxfanatic
10-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Hangar18 not showing up to Puffers tonight!

Don't forget the standing ovation for Frank's return in front of a sell-out Memorial Day crowd.

milrtyme28
10-15-2005, 02:48 AM
Hangar18 not showing up to Puffers tonight!

Don't forget the standing ovation for Frank's return in front of a sell-out Memorial Day crowd.

That was unreal - I had never gone to a ball game alone - I bought a single ticket for that one and sat upper deck - which I never do - and the way the place came alive when "no 35, FRANK THOMAS" was announced is something I will never forget.

I hope KW can figure out a way to bring him back if he is healthy. I think it really does mean more to this club and it's fans than just the statistics involved.

hawkjt
10-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Burls starting and winning the all-star game that could end up giving us the home field in the WS. That is just pure great karma.

Back to back cgs in the ALCS? That is special stuff and when you consider we were 2 just 2 outs from having back to back to back cgs.

This is most pleasing. Now, Freddy, keep it going.

Brian26
10-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Off the top of my head:

Brian Anderson hitting those two bombs off Rodriguez at Safeco on that Friday night game.

Timo looping that ball into left to score Willie on Memorial Day.

Rowand's catches in New York and Blum catching that liner off Bernie at 1st to win the first game of the Yankees series.

Winning a game against KC in early May by walking in the winning run.

That magnificent Opening Day complete game shutout by Buehrle against the Indians.

The 1 hr 39 minute Saturday afternoon Buehrle masterpiece against the Mariners.

Frank Thomas coming in to pinch hit at Coors after the Sox already had a runaway victory and hitting a bomb to centerfield to win it.

Frank hitting that 3-run bomb against the D-Rays in the 8th inning to give us the lead (we trailed the entire game) and eventual victory back in June.

Rowand's huge bomb in San Diego.

Freddy's masterpiece at Coors.

Freddy's one-hit masterpiece at the Metrodome (even though we lost).

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING BRYAN GORMAN? ARE YOU NUTS?" - We won that game for Buehrle even with the crappy call.

Clinching the division in Detroit (Winning that Wed night game, Sweet Lou beating the Indians the night before, then winning the Thur afternoon game to clinch it!)

Ol' No. 2
10-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Watching them hoist the World Series Trophy.

house215
10-15-2005, 11:37 AM
It has been a great year... enough to make a grown man cry...:whiner:

GO SOX!