PDA

View Full Version : One can only wonder.....

MaggPipes
12-11-2001, 11:00 PM
what our rotation would be like next year if we never traded for Mike Sirotka.....and you know when they where talking compensation and crap and they wanted to send Siro back and take Parque....WHY OH WHY didn't we do it??? because we were all concerned about the short term....long term keeping siro = a ton of a better rotation this year....not to dwell on the past but, we would have the best young lefy combo in the game hands down.......

And our rotation would be nicer

1) Buehrle
2) Sirotka
3) Garland
4) Glover/Wells/Wright
5) above options on 4

duke of dorwood
12-11-2001, 11:03 PM
And that's exactly why when KW says the return of our injured players would put us to 90 wins again is rubbish. We have really not replaced Sirotka from the '00 staff.

MaggPipes
12-11-2001, 11:07 PM
he is a FA after next year right? (Siro)

Maybe we can get him back after the allways shaky year after surgery.....THAT WOULD BE awesome....sure there is going to have to be some much needed smoothing of some very ruffled feathers....

Jerry_Manuel
12-11-2001, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
what our rotation would be like next year if we never traded for Mike Sirotka.....and you know when they where talking compensation and crap and they wanted to send Siro back and take Parque....WHY OH WHY didn't we do it???

Oh yeah that would have looked great. We send them and take back an injured Sirotka and send them an injured Parque. I'm going to step out on a limb and say that would have been a pr disaster for Kenny Williams and the Sox.

MaggPipes
12-11-2001, 11:09 PM
i thought Jim was healthy then......i thought he really got sore later in the year......

Jerry_Manuel
12-11-2001, 11:10 PM
he is a FA after next year right? (Siro)

Maybe we can get him back after the allways shaky year after surgery.....THAT WOULD BE awesome....sure there is going to have to be some much needed smoothing of some very ruffled feathers....

I'm not sure of his contract status but he is not a fan of ours. Nothing a few million couldn't cure though.

:reinsy
No money coming in, sorry.

Jerry_Manuel
12-11-2001, 11:12 PM
i thought Jim was healthy then......i thought he really got sore later in the year......

Parque was pitching hurt the entire season the pain became to much for him to take. Which led to him getting surgery. It's old news now anyway. Just have to take whatever pitchers we have and go into battle.

MaggPipes
12-11-2001, 11:14 PM
WE HAVE TO BE the favorite to win the division next year.....you can't have the toons up their anymore....they have lost all but Thome...wow....people pitch around him....he will swing at it anyway and strike himself out....the Twinks may be our only competition....

Jerry_Manuel
12-11-2001, 11:21 PM
WE HAVE TO BE the favorite to win the division next year.....you can't have the toons up their anymore....they have lost all but Thome...wow....people pitch around him....he will swing at it anyway and strike himself out....the Twinks may be our only competition....

I'll bet the house that Minnesota or Cleveland will be declared the favorites. I'm leaning towards Minnesota because you'll have people who want to see them win just so they can make Selig look like the tool that he is. Nothing wrong with that, except for the Twins winning part. :smile:

RedPinStripes
12-12-2001, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'll bet the house that Minnesota or Cleveland will be declared the favorites. I'm leaning towards Minnesota because you'll have people who want to see them win just so they can make Selig look like the tool that he is. Nothing wrong with that, except for the Twins winning part. :smile:

Let the twins get the wild card then. or just plain old second place. Either way , bud looks stupid. He's eliminating the competition around his brewers for attendance. How convienient. Funny how the brewers never drew before, but they got a new stadium deal.

:tool
Miller Lite anyone?

jklm
12-12-2001, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

It seems to me this Sox team plays better as an underdog...

P.S. This team needs a no.2, or better, a no.1 starter to make Burly our no.2. BUT no one will trade you a true no. 1... maybe the Twins? the Expos? Clearance Sale?

andytheclown
12-12-2001, 10:48 AM
Buerlie replaces Sirotka. And quite well I might add. This past year we were unable to replace Eldred and Parque.

Hopefully Garland and Ginter can do that.

RedPinStripes
12-12-2001, 11:02 AM
Welocome Andy!

:andy
"Uncle Jerry never let me in the new park for free. "

FarWestChicago
12-12-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by andytheclown
Buerlie replaces Sirotka. And quite well I might add. This past year we were unable to replace Eldred and Parque.

Hopefully Garland and Ginter can do that. Welcomd to WSI, Andy!! :gulp: