PDA

View Full Version : Garver: White Sox, Angels get no respect

The Dude
10-14-2005, 03:34 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/8963962

Pretty good and true article. You gotta love the headline portions! They have to remind us of You write tomorrows Cubune headline.

I can imagine a headline like, "White Sox World Champions After 7th Game For The Ages." But right above that, there'd be a bigger headline saying something like, "Wrigley Groundskeepers Trim Ivy Early This Year."

Fuller_Schettman
10-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Mercy sakes! You mean the windsock was wrong all of this time????

:moron

"I'm hated in Chicago and ridiculed on ESPN- by my own peers!!!
And now even CBS is catching on to me!"

Hangar18
10-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Excellent Article. This article is a Journalistic-Slap-In-The-Face to the entire city of chicago media, WGN, ESPN, FOX and everyone else who continue to propogate the myth that the cubs are great. TAKE THAT Tribune, that was meant for you. One thing he was terribly wrong about however, was the fact that there are "no sox fans on the road". Hes simply not looking, or looking the other way. Thats always been a peeve of mine when I travel on the road, and see tons of SOX fans, only to NOT have them gratuitiously panned and filmed every 1/2 inning like the other teams fans are ......

ChiSoxGirl
10-14-2005, 04:03 PM
What a fantastic read!! The "No Love for the Sox" feeling that we all witness every single day was described to a tee in this article. My personal favorite, and sadly true, quotes were these:

A pitcher for the White Sox could throw a perfect game, and the headline in the Chicago sports section the next day would more likely be, "Dusty Baker Changes Toothpick Brand." And then way down on the bottom of the page, there might be some mention of the perfect game.

They are like the good son who can do no right as far as his mother's concerned, while Mom considers his bum of a brother the Golden Boy. The bad brother can be arrested, and call his mom at 3 a.m. to bail him out of jail. The next day, she'll brag about him to the "good" brother, saying, "Well, at least your brother calls me once in a while." That's the kind of thing the White Sox...have to put up with.

A.T. Money
10-15-2005, 12:36 AM
Lloyd Garver from sportsline:

Hangar will love this one. Maybe Hangar is Garver?

Check it out.

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/8963962

FedEx227
10-15-2005, 12:39 AM
great article, really speaks the truth.

The thing about the newspapers is great, whats even more funny is he looked at the newspaper that actually notes ours existence more than 2 weeks at the end of the season.