PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fever in SW Suburbs

Hangar18
10-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Saw a Car on Rt 83 a little while ago, with GO SOX painted on the doors, hood
and trunk. Cars were honking at it as it drove on ............. awesome to see!
Sox fever is alive

skottyj242
10-14-2005, 03:18 PM
What are you doing for the game tonight Hangar?

ajtokarz
10-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Not exactly SW, but when heading west on 290 from the city....before the Austin exit, look to your right, on top of the Hospital...(I think it's Loretto Hospital...you think i'd know after living in this area for 7 years..) but they have a big old go sox banner on top of the hospital......Pretty sweet banner too!!!

Also.....Something that made me laugh......

Went to the zoo last Monday. Was shocked at the mass of White Sox hats that were out there. I go to the zoo weekly with my kids, and the amount of sox gear that everyones wearing right now is just funny.

The Bandwagon is filling up quickly!

MUsoxfan
10-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Sox fever is alive

Lots and lots of Sox fans in this area

SweetnesSox
10-14-2005, 03:31 PM
what do these people use to paint on their windows? My firebird could use some sox pride. I'm not a fan of bumper stickers, and I have an automatic antenna that makes it impossible to attach a flag to. I remember once some smartass put white out on my side mirror, and it game off with nail polish remover. do people use white out or what? seems to be the same color/consistency...

MUsoxfan
10-14-2005, 03:33 PM
what do these people use to paint on their windows? My firebird could use some sox pride. I'm not a fan of bumper stickers, and I have an automatic antenna that makes it impossible to attach a flag to. I remember once some smartass put white out on my side mirror, and it game off with nail polish remover. do people use white out or what? seems to be the same color/consistency...

There's window paint....you can probably get it at any party store. Same kind of stuff that schools use to paint windows during homecoming and stuff like that.

ajtokarz
10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
what do these people use to paint on their windows?

You can find it at auto shops like Pep boys and places like that.....Target and Wal mart has it as well.....

They're just special window markers that they have in various sizes........
Good times...picking up a set for the car later!

Hangar18
10-14-2005, 03:40 PM
What are you doing for the game tonight Hangar?

Not sure yet, its going to be an 11th hour decision for sure. I do want to stop by Union Park & Puffers.

IronFisk
10-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Sox fever is alive

You think?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/31cc7778.jpg

Hangar18
10-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Sox fever is alive

:sahaf

" LIES LIES, This is all a travesty and sham. There are no SOX fans anywhere, only Cub fans. The Great Information comes from Tribune, the holy paper which only speaks truth! This is travishammockery! "

chisoxfanatic
10-14-2005, 04:31 PM
In almost every classroom, and throughout the halls, at the school I work at, Sox pride exists!

There is tons of Sox pride over on 31st St. between the Ryan and Halsted as well. I drive most of that route while coming home from work.

It's so awesome seeing all of this around!!!

Frater Perdurabo
10-14-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm in the far, far southwest suburb of Plano, Texas. :redneck

Anyway, I'm sporting my Sox flag in my office. I'm wearing my replica Sox jersey and/or Sox t-shirts when I don't have to dress up to teach class. I drive a silver Saturn VUE with black tinted windows. Both my cats have four white paws/socks (one is all white and black, the other is white, black, brown and orange).

I've also seen a growing number of current and retro Sox hats, jackets and shirts in the DFW area!

:supernana:

robertks61
10-14-2005, 05:19 PM
A contractor at work (Joliet) has big Sox logo's on the side of his silver Avalanche and has the window flag going, as I do!

Keep it going Sox and we'll see more!

CJLove23
10-14-2005, 06:59 PM
It is so completely awesome to see Sox fever alive!! Despite the outcome of this season, I hope that this leaks over to next season as well :smile:

Brian26
10-14-2005, 09:05 PM
I had to go down to Lemont this afternoon to check out a project site I'm working on. A house on Main Street (west of State Street) has a giant sign in their front yard made of two full-size bed sheets and framed out with 2x4's. It says "GO SOX - AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS!" It looked pretty crazy, but you have to love the originality and the Sox Pride.

JohnBasedowYoda
10-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Sox fever is alive

that's my stompin ground

also, finally i'm a church elder!

milrtyme28
10-15-2005, 02:16 AM
if its on your windows just use shoe polish - buy white shoe polish in those platic bottles with the pad on top. only use this on the glass of your car. I sell cars for a living and we use the shoe polish on cars all the time - its waterproof basically. you can use a razor blade to shave it off the glass safely later.

alohafri
10-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Sox fever is alive

Wasn't me, Hangar, but I do get a lot of honks with my plates.