PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Lackey

Chicken Dinner
10-14-2005, 12:53 PM
The Sox have seen Lackey 3 times this year and haven't gotten a win off him yet. He's 2-0 win a no decision. He's pitched 7+ innings every time and has only given us 6 runs. We need to hit this guy hard and we need to hit him early. He doesn't walk a lot of guy's either.

I just Hope Jon's got his "A" game going tonight.

Clembasbal
10-14-2005, 12:58 PM
He is at his worst from pitches 1-15, and equally as bad when he tops 90 pitches; but he is awesome in between. So we have to get to him early, the later we do the more chance of the Angels bullpen getting into the game.

Early and often tonight!

rm0824
10-14-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm afraid for tonight's game. I just have a bad feeling. Lackey is a good pitcher and he shut down the Yankees pretty good offense.

I really hope I'm wrong. Plus, Garland has NEVER pitched in the post-season before and hasn't pitched in almost two weeks. I guess I just need some reassurance.

bigdommer
10-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Lackey will walk guys. He walks around 3 per 9 innings, and has issued more free passes this year than guys like Clement, Sabathia, and Wakefield, who tend to give away a lot of walks.

He has pitched well against the Sox, but the Sox are lucky to get him at home where his ERA is about .8 higher. He loves his fastball early and late in the count, and he doesn't come inside much to righties, which is nice for guys like Uribe, Iguchi, and Dye who like it out over the plate. Hopefully Paulie and Aaron can look to hit his fastball in the gaps.

kevingrt
10-14-2005, 01:07 PM
He might be 2-0 versus us, but we are a ticking time bomb to explode off Lackey. I cannot wait for tonight. I thinnk Lackey can be had, and hopefully Jonny pitches a gem.

DaveIsHere
10-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Have Faith!!!

You guys can make fun of me for this, but here goes....A lady at work heard a psychic (TV, RADIO or something) on Monday predict that the Sox would lose the first game, but someone who's name starts with a "J" would hit a home run for the Sox, she then said we would go on to win the rest of the games!!!

Guess i dont have to watch the games this weekend!!!

BMac 41
10-14-2005, 01:35 PM
This is the the playoffs not the regular season.Throw those numbers out the window

WSoxFanForever
10-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm more nervous about Garland. He hasn't pitched for a long time and hasn't been that sharp lately. The crowd will be loud, obnoxious and hostile and he has no post-season experience, and I think he's the weakest link in our rotation. I hope we hit Lackey early and often--or just walk. That works for me. Anything to score a few runs.

SOXFAN_in_WI
10-14-2005, 02:05 PM
I almost think that the loud away crowd might be better for Jon. Takes away the pressure of pitching at home for his first playoff game. Chicago had been rough on this guy in the past, so maybe this is a good thing, JUST RELAX JON!!!

Tekijawa
10-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I don't know if you realized this or not But Escobar and "K" ROd have to be running on Fumes at this point... there great pitchers but Our bull pen is much more rested then the Studs in their pen are... This Game will depend on How well Garland throws tonight... I'm not worried about Lackey.

scottygballgame
10-14-2005, 02:13 PM
LACKEY: TWO APPEARENCES

14.0 INNINGS PITCHED

A COMBINED ERA OF 2.57

GIVEN UP 16 HITS

GIVEN UP 4 RUNS (0 in his second appearance, all earned)

6 STRIKE OUTS

3 BB

1 WIN AND 1 NO DECISION

GARLAND

ERA OFF THE CHARTS 10.50

6 INNINGS PITCHED

GIVEN UP 7 RUNS (ALL EARNED)

GIVEN UP 8 HITS

1 STRIKE OUT

1 BB

2 HRS

munchman33
10-14-2005, 02:22 PM
LACKEY: TWO APPEARENCES

14.0 INNINGS PITCHED

A COMBINED ERA OF 2.57

GIVEN UP 16 HITS

GIVEN UP 4 RUNS (0 in his second appearance, all earned)

6 STRIKE OUTS

3 BB

1 WIN AND 1 NO DECISION

GARLAND

ERA OFF THE CHARTS 10.50

6 INNINGS PITCHED

GIVEN UP 7 RUNS (ALL EARNED)

GIVEN UP 8 HITS

1 STRIKE OUT

1 BB

2 HRS

You're new, so I won't be too harsh. But there's already a thread on tonight's matchup here: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59861

There is a search option you can use before posting a new thread.

gosox83
10-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Does anyone have any numbers on Garland when he pitches at that Stadium.

When we won their this year who pitched?

Thanks

GO SOX!!!!!!

chisoxfan83
10-14-2005, 02:32 PM
per the sox media guide these are garlands career numbers in aneheim as of the conclusion of the 04 season. 5.13 era, 1-3, 26.1 IP, 15ER, and 9 SO, so if anyone has this years stats add them on. Garland is due there and family will probably be in attendance since he is from around there. Heres to a white sox winner! :gulp: By the way the offense is ready to take off why not start tonite and carry it through the weekend.

Tekijawa
10-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Garland 2005 Angel Stadium.

IP H R ER HR BB K ERA
7.0 11 3 3 0 1 4 3.86

Chicken Dinner
10-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Garland 2005 Angel Stadium.

IP H R ER HR BB K ERA
7.0 11 3 3 0 1 4 3.86

I'd take that tonight.

Madvora
10-14-2005, 03:00 PM
I don't know if you realized this or not But Escobar and "K" ROd have to be running on Fumes at this point... there great pitchers but Our bull pen is much more rested then the Studs in their pen are...
You're right. They came off a 5 game series right into this one. As much as they say you have to keep them from getting into the bullpen, I think the opposite. The more you get in that bullpen, the more worn out they will be. This is a 7 game series. Wearing out their bullpen even in a loss can be beneficial to us in the overall series.