PDA

View Full Version : Article:Wednesday's "Playzynski" irritatingly typical for Chicago

FanofBill
10-14-2005, 01:26 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/larrystone/2002559846_ston14.html

When told that he will now be regarded as "Public Enemy No. 1" by Angels fans when the ALCS resumes tonight, having denied their team a victory, Pierzynski snorted.

"Where aren't I Public Enemy No. 1 is a better question," he said. "Tell me something I don't already know. It seems like I'm always in the middle of something. Even when I don't do anything, I do something."

Pierzynski insisted he is misconstrued by peers, misrepresented by media. What he didn't point out, but could have, is that his teams are invariably contenders, and this marks his third time in the postseason in the past four years.

"It's just that I want to win," he said. "I come to play every day, and I'm not going to back down. This game is meant to be played a certain way. I don't have a good poker face."

Right now, despite the heroics of teammates Mark Buehrle and Crede, Pierzynski is the face of this ALCS. And, for a nice change, he wears it well.

maurice
10-14-2005, 01:46 PM
AJ really has become quite a team leader and the media face of the club. He's everywhere these days and always seems to say the right thing. Keep up the good work.

:thumbsup:

Iwritecode
10-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I think this is the first time that something a player did has been talked more than anything Ozzie has said/done all year long.

Madvora
10-14-2005, 01:53 PM
In reality this situation has nothing to do with the Sox or their players.
This has to do with a call that an ump made and a play that Anaheim didn't make. What did the Sox do that was so wrong?

SweetnesSox
10-14-2005, 01:54 PM
well it's about time the player's were talked about. even if it's for the wrong reasons. They should be talkin about Buehrle's gem and Crede's shot, but oh well. They would found some way to not talk about that too.

24thStFan
10-14-2005, 02:09 PM
"It's just that I want to win," he said. "I come to play every day, and I'm not going to back down. This game is meant to be played a certain way. I don't have a good poker face."

A.J. seems like the perfect fit for the White Sox and Chicago--smart, tough, and blue collar mentality. Let's sign him to a long term contract.

Go A.J. and GO SOX!

34 Inch Stick
10-14-2005, 02:31 PM
A.J. seems like the perfect fit for the White Sox and Chicago--smart, tough, and blue collar mentality. Let's sign him to a long term contract.

Go A.J. and GO SOX!

...and an appropriate ethnic heritage. I move that AJ be made grand marshall of the Polish Constitution Day Parade.

24thStFan
10-14-2005, 02:38 PM
...and an appropriate ethnic heritage. I move that AJ be made grand marshall of the Polish Constitution Day Parade.

Great idea. A.J. would do it, too, for 10 pounds of kielbasa:)

BarbG
10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
"He is an agitator, a needler, an irritant."

Irritant? If this is irritation, keep it coming, AJ! It irritates SO GOOD!

The media has been at least 1000X as obnoxious as I expected with this. And I seriously doubt AJ has lost a second's sleep over it.

C-Dawg
10-14-2005, 03:02 PM
"It's just that I want to win. I come to play every day, and I'm not going to back down. This game is meant to be played a certain way. I don't have a good poker face."

I'd say he has an excellent poker face. If it wasn't for his confidence, the 9th inning play may not have happened. If he'd been timid or hesitant out there on first base, the pressure from the Angels may have gotten the umpires to call him back and the inning would have been over.

A.J's calm and cool confidence did as much to make that play happen as anything else in my opinion.

:cool:

mrs. hendu
10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Great idea. A.J. would do it, too, for 10 pounds of kielbasa:)

How about for some Zywec beer? :gulp:

BTW I wonder if AJ speaks any Polish. He's probably like 3rd generation PL so he may not...

zach074
10-14-2005, 04:09 PM
There is no other person on this earth who i would rather have behind the plate for us. GO AJ!

Taliesinrk
10-14-2005, 04:15 PM

Seriously.. that should be made into some sort of grinder rule or something.. thats a hell of a quote..

Norberto7
10-14-2005, 04:28 PM
How about for some Zywec beer? :gulp::puking:

Hmmm...maybe not! Ok, it's not that bad, but I've wanted to use that guy.

mrs. hendu
10-14-2005, 04:31 PM
:puking:

Hmmm...maybe not! Ok, it's not that bad, but I've wanted to use that guy.

:o: :mad: :whiner:
You could have used the guy in e.g. the BiSOXual thread. :rolleyes:

Soxzilla
10-14-2005, 05:08 PM
AJ has already made an imprint in both Anaheim and Boston, let's hope he does it again against Houston or St. Louis.

I want this guy on the team for many more years to come.

flo-B-flo
10-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Best move by KW and the Sox MVP this year. What a pick up.

Bucky F. Dent
10-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Best move by KW and the Sox MVP this year. What a pick up.

Yep, and here's another guy whose presence on this team I questioned at the start of the season. I guess that's why KW has his job, and I don't.

batmanZoSo
10-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Dear AJ,

I love you.

Carl.

MrRoboto83
10-14-2005, 11:47 PM
I'd say he has an excellent poker face. If it wasn't for his confidence, the 9th inning play may not have happened. If he'd been timid or hesitant out there on first base, the pressure from the Angels may have gotten the umpires to call him back and the inning would have been over.

A.J's calm and cool confidence did as much to make that play happen as anything else in my opinion.

:cool:

I agree, he went to first and started clapping his hands like he belonged at first no question in his mind.

swanson24
10-15-2005, 01:32 AM
When I heard about all the deals we made in the offseason the Pierzynski signing put the biggest grin on my face. I recalled all the games the Sox had played against the Twinkies and how A.J. always seemed to be so clutch, whether it was the way he called pitches or the way he got hits. BTW I got the chance to get his autograph at SoxFest and told him I couldn't wait to see him kick the Twins butt. Well not only did he help in kicking the Twins butt he has also proved clutch in countless games this year. The two homer game against the Red Sox in game 1 and the walk off homer he had against the Dodgers are two of my favorite A.J. moments. My favorite player on the 05 SOX wears number 12!