PDA

View Full Version : Players i want traded....

MaggPipes
12-11-2001, 10:15 PM
Here they are and the reason i want them gone....

Chris what is your OBP?" :slowswing "What's and OBP???

Carlos is a DH.....no way around it....good bat but we have too many DH's.......get a pitcher, or CF....Say ERSTAD....

Clayton/Valentin:
ONE NEEDS TO GO!! I AM NOT GOING TO OPEN that can of worms...so i will just say 1 of them....

Here is a player i want kept for next year....even though a lot of you want him gone .....Sandy Alomar Jr. is a good fit for this clubs young staff....and equally as good for the young catchers....I still think Josh Paul with a little more seasoning can be an everyday regular.....but only time will tell.........

Jerry_Manuel
12-11-2001, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
Clayton/Valentin:
ONE NEEDS TO GO!! I AM NOT GOING TO OPEN that can of worms...so i will just say 1 of them....

Royce has one more year left on his deal. Jose has atleast 2, nobody wants Royce. So the other choice is to trade Jose. But who plays short in 2003 after Royce's contract is up? I'm going to lose my mind (some would argue I already have) talking about Royce vs. Jose.

czalgosz
12-11-2001, 10:24 PM
You bring up a whole other issue - what to do at short after Valentin and Clayton are gone? We have exactly zero minor-league prospects at short now that Hummel's moved to second. We have potential long-term solutions (ie. who will be playing the position 5 years from now) at just about every other position.

Wait, didn't we draft a guy in like the 2nd or third round who's supposed to be good?

MaggPipes
12-11-2001, 10:28 PM
i don't think so....maybe....Jerry will have to answer that....but i am at a complete loss as to how JR can be pinching pennies so hard that he can't sign ONE of the teams most dire needs.....at the same time i do recognize it was a hard singing becuase of the college scholarship....

Daver
12-11-2001, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes

Here is a player i want kept for next year....even though a lot of you want him gone .....Sandy Alomar Jr. is a good fit for this clubs young staff....and equally as good for the young catchers....I still think Josh Paul with a little more seasoning can be an everyday regular.....but only time will tell.........
Alomar can do the Sox a favor and accept a job as a bullpen coach,Josh Paul will develop into a serviceable catcher,but he will never be a Carlton Fisk,neither will Mark Johnson,but I would not hesitate to go into next year with them behind the plate knowing that Olivio is not far behind.

MaggPipes
12-11-2001, 10:39 PM
yeah....i can't wait til Miguel is ready....becuase when he is we will have a nice little catcher.....i have read in a scouting report book, that he should be able to hit for average and power...while playing solid D, and a cannon for an arm.....nice little steal for Bradford....I hope.

Tragg
12-11-2001, 11:08 PM
clayton is virtually untradable because of his salary

That means trading singleton is a necessity.

i think lee can play first.

duke of dorwood
12-11-2001, 11:12 PM
:reinsy

I'd give my 6 NBA championships for 1 trade of

:hitless