PDA

View Full Version : Need Sports Bar - Lincoln Square

orgullodemexico
10-14-2005, 07:14 AM
I'm not from the area, but I'm looking for the best sports bar within 5 mi of Lawrence and Western, to obviously watch tonight's contest.

I've been to Wild Goose @ 4265 N. Lincoln but i'm looking for something else.

No Halstead St. locations!!

Thx!!

Realist
10-14-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm not from the area, but I'm looking for the best sports bar within 5 mi of Lawrence and Western, to obviously watch tonight's contest.

Thx!!

Go to Nick's Uptown at 4015 N. Sheridan. The manager won't be there 'cause he's a lazy bastard and he'll be lounging at home watching the game in HD.

Although, the staff there is very Sox friendly. Whatever you do, don't tip the bartenders or wait staff. Put all large tip denominations in an envelope marked "For the Super Neato-Peachy-Kean manager of this fine establishment that's too lazy to host us, but is still a really cool Sox fan". I'll personally make sure that fat bastard gets the envelope.

:wink:

mjharrison72
10-14-2005, 08:45 AM

Thx!!
Well, I'm new to the area, but I have to say my first experience at Wild Goose was not good... Cubs on all but three of their 20+ TVs, and when I asked if the Sox game could go on one of the TVs, I was told that because of the way their satellite is set up, all those TVs can only be on ONE station. Stupid, I know, and it wasn't an important game, but it said something to me.

I don't really consider it a Sox bar (or a sports bar, for that matter), but I live right next to the Horseshoe, 4115 N. Lincoln, and they have several nice TVs, will definitely be showing the Sox game, and have fantastic BBQ. I recommend it. Same sort of area.

34 Inch Stick
10-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Grizzlies on Lincoln about three blocks north of Addison is a great bar for food and drink. They have big screen TV's and individual TV's for the booths. Great food, especially specializing in wild game. I used to go there regularly on Saturdays to watch college football for 12 hours before the obligations of life brought me down.

joe250
10-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Another suggestion in the Lincoln Square area is Grizzley's - it's at 3832 N. Lincoln Ave. VERY Sox friendly. The bartender is the (self-proclaimed) "biggest Sox fan in the world". I'm not sure about that, but I do know he's big.

-Beat me to it 34. :cool:

Fenway
10-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Well, I'm new to the area, but I have to say my first experience at Wild Goose was not good... Cubs on all but three of their 20+ TVs, and when I asked if the Sox game could go on one of the TVs,

I wouldn't sweat the Cubs being shown tonight :smile:

of course they could have the http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/chi25.gif (http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/) game on

spiffie
10-14-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm partial to Daily Bar and Grill (Lincoln/Wilson), I like the food, they seem to be pretty Sox-friendly, and it's a short walk from my place.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Another suggestion in the Lincoln Square area is Grizzley's - it's at 3832 N. Lincoln Ave. VERY Sox friendly. The bartender is the (self-proclaimed) "biggest Sox fan in the world". I'm not sure about that, but I do know he's big.

I lived in the area for several years and I would recommend either Grizzleys or Finley Dunnes a few blocks further south (Lincoln & Corneilia). Plenty of plasma TVs, White Sox / Baseball friendly staff and good bar food. Those are the only two bars I would watch White Sox baseball in the area. Finley Dunnes also has the NHL (and MLB) ticket showing any game you call (as long as there is an open TV) and also are good at showing numerous college games (and even college hockey :thumbsup: ). Grizzleys has good food though not the selection of games on TV - though the White Sox will be on and I know the bartender (glad he is still there) - he will make sure of it.

34 Inch Stick
10-14-2005, 01:34 PM
, but I do know he's big.

More wide than big unless the grabber brought on a life style change. Danny is a good man.

skottyj242
10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
I personally would go a little south on Lincoln to a place like Kelsey's or Kendall's. I especiall like Kelsey's, very very Sox friendly bar. I watched Wednesday's game in there. I would also recommend Durkin's on Diversey just west of Halsted, they have all you can drink specials on Fridays (or at least they used to), it's like twenty bucks all you can drink draft from like five to eight or nine.

mjharrison72
10-14-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm partial to Daily Bar and Grill (Lincoln/Wilson), I like the food, they seem to be pretty Sox-friendly, and it's a short walk from my place.
I'm pretty sure the company that owns Daily Bar and Grill are the same that own Seven-Ten (formerly Lucky Strike), which is a Sox bar.

mjharrison72
10-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't sweat the Cubs being shown tonight :smile:

of course they could have the http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/chi25.gif (http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/) game on
My point about Wild Goose remains, though, whether they were serious or not, that they couldn't put the Sox game on ONE TV for me.
Another thing: On 10-cent wing night, they bring you a tiny-ass cup of dressing, and when you ask for another, they charge $1.50 without telling you. It's not the cost... it's the principle.

kninchicago
10-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Four Moon Tavern on Roscoe and Wolcott (One block east of Damen) is good. One of the owners, a woman named Robbie, is a huge Sox fan. They will definetly have the game on, it's a real low-key setting, and the food is fantastic. I live above it hence the glowing reviews :smile: .

I will have to try Grizzlies. I've ran past it a number of times and thought it looked awesome inside.

The Deacon
10-14-2005, 04:07 PM
The Rail on Damen, formerly Simply Rays, is a SOX bar.

riskier77
10-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Gannon's on Lincoln. Right across from Wild Goose.

They had a Cub flag and a Sox flag hanging outside. Someone ripped the Sox flag down(moron probably drunk or thought he was tough Cub guy) and my husband and I were upset because only the Cub flag remained. Anyway, a month later, Gannon's put in 2 new polls a lot higher than the previous ones and put up a brand new Sox flag. The Cub flag was removed. I live right by Montrose and Lincoln and it's wonderful to walk the neighborhood with my Sox hat on and hear so many "Go Sox". I can't go to a bar to watch it. I want to be able to slam doors(if the game's going poorly) and scream at the top of my lungs if we're kicking ass!

mweflen
10-14-2005, 04:42 PM
there's a place called The Rail on Damen just south of Lawrence (under the brown line tracks). It is relatively new. They have tons of plasmas, cheap import taps, and meal specials every night.

I used to live in Lincoln Square till my place burned down. I've since moved to Bridgeport.

Hankieschau
10-14-2005, 07:05 PM

Thx!!

Mulligan's at Damen & Roscoe. I'm one of the three owners and two of us are big sox fans. Most of our clientel are loyal flubbies fans and they show up to root against the WSox and try to ruin our fun. We have our core group of Sox fans but still need help fending off the idiots that surround us.

Stop in and ask for me, Tim or my brother Pete (DAllen15 on WSI) during the rest of the playoffs, mention this post and I'll pass along the WSI free shot of Jameson.

GO WHITE SOX!!!

daslobo
10-15-2005, 02:12 AM
It's owned by a few former players of the Chicago Griffins Rugby Club and the manager Goldie is a South Sider and a huge Sox fan. Great local and a great winter bar.