PDA

View Full Version : Three Wins Away From The Promised Land

Brian26
10-13-2005, 11:13 PM
You've got to appreciate what's happening right now. Enjoy every second of it. Think of all the seasons that have come and gone since 1993 and 1983 and 1959. I mean, this is the kind of stuff you wake up in the middle of the night after dreaming about it and then wish you could go back to sleep to continue the dream.

I know, technically, we were two wins away from the World Series in 1993 after Game 4 in Toronto. I know, technically, we were two wins away from the World Series in '83 after Game 1 in Baltimore. So, if we can win one more game we will match that. If we win one more game after that, we match what the Cubs did in 2003 and get to live out the dream of only being one win away from the World Series....something most of us have never experienced in our lifetime.

So, I'm looking at this as one game at a time...and hopefully each win matches one of these goals.

Patrick134
10-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Win or lose, this has been a special team to watch all season. It's kind of sad that we'll only have 12 more games to see maximum.

Brian26
10-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Win or lose, this has been a special team to watch all season. It's kind of sad that we'll only have 12 more games to see maximum.

You can't take that approach though...we shouldn't settle for an ALCS loss at this point...that's sort of defeatist.

Let's hope the World Series doesn't go seven games. I think I'm booked Oct 29.:smile:

chisoxfanatic
10-13-2005, 11:24 PM
I know, technically, we were two wins away from the World Series in 1993 after Game 4 in Toronto. I know, technically, we were two wins away from the World Series in '83 after Game 1 in Baltimore. So, if we can win one more game we will match that. If we win one more game after that, we match what the Cubs did in 2003 and get to live out the dream of only being one win away from the World Series....something most of us have never experienced in our lifetime.

Let's not forget that the Cubs didn't sweep the NLDS...It took them the entire five games to finish off Atlanta. We finished off Boston without losing.

Nonetheless, this has been the greatest season ever in my Sox fanship.

Patrick134
10-13-2005, 11:33 PM
I wasn't predicting a sox loss, i was just saying that there are no more than 12 possible games left.

mmmmmbeeer
10-14-2005, 12:23 AM
If the bats could manage to put up 4rpg we'd be in awesome shape to get to the series. Our pitching has been absolutely DOMINANT, the bats need to capitalize.

Chisox003
10-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Say it out loud .... 3 more wins and we got a pennant. Amazing.

:threadrules:

cheeses_h_rice
10-14-2005, 08:57 AM
To quote Chet Chitchat's bit this morning on WLUP, "Everything's coming up White Sox." Meaning, we wanted the attention, and we're finally getting it.

:thumbsup:

mccoydp
10-14-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm loving every minute of what's going on.

Go Sox!

Mendoza Line
10-14-2005, 09:09 AM
And another win is a semi milestone. 5 wins in the post season = the most White Sox postseason wins in any single season!

Of course, I'd love to make it 7 more wins than any previous Sox team!:D:

batmanZoSo
10-14-2005, 09:10 AM
You've got to appreciate what's happening right now. Enjoy every second of it. Think of all the seasons that have come and gone since 1993 and 1983 and 1959. I mean, this is the kind of stuff you wake up in the middle of the night after dreaming about it and then wish you could go back to sleep to continue the dream.

So, I'm looking at this as one game at a time...and hopefully each win matches one of these goals.

I will never be truly happy until this team wins it all but I can admit it sure is great to be here. It's great to be proud of this team for once in October and see them actually win playoff games and a playoff series. It's great to have a game to look forward to tonight..and tomorrow night. We really should do this more often. In time, I could get used to this.

sas1974
10-14-2005, 09:14 AM
It's chilling to look at the out of town scoreboard and only see four teams on it.

chisoxfanatic
10-14-2005, 10:02 AM
It's chilling to look at the out of town scoreboard and only see four teams on it.

Yea, about that...I don't understand why they even put our game on the out of town scoreboard for the ALCS. They didn't do that for the ALDS. Must there be a score listed on both the AL and NL scoreboards in order for the whole thing to work?

IronFisk
10-14-2005, 11:21 AM

Sad? I don't think my heart can take this!

Even so, GREAT season no matter what...but I'm greedy. For myself, if we do make it into the Series, THAT would cinch it for me - all gravy from there. Oh yeah, love to win it all, but just getting there has been SO painful.

Kinda like the Final Four - it's brought up more than winning the title. The "Pennant" is the same way.

Reminds me of 83
10-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I couldn't agree more. Like everyone else, I am not satisfied. But this has been a wonderful time to be a Sox Fan. I have cheered for this team for over 40 years and I have never been to a game like I saw on Weds. White Sox fans are a proud group and this team is earning their respect and enthusiasm.

GO GO GO You White Sox!!!!! Chicago's Proud of You!

I will never be truly happy until this team wins it all but I can admit it sure is great to be here. It's great to be proud of this team for once in October and see them actually win playoff games and a playoff series. It's great to have a game to look forward to tonight..and tomorrow night. We really should do this more often. In time, I could get used to this.

MsSoxVixen22
10-14-2005, 11:29 AM
You can't take that approach though...we shouldn't settle for an ALCS loss at this point...that's sort of defeatist.

Let's hope the World Series doesn't go seven games. I think I'm booked Oct 29.:smile:

Yeah me too! The Halloween party I'm throwing with a friend is the 29th! :o: