PDA

View Full Version : Tom Gordon at it again

Huisj
10-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Tom Gordon says he'd rather go sign with someone else besides the Yankees because he'd like a chance to close full time with someone. He pulled out the same crap when he didn't want to return to the Sox after '03 because it was assumed that Koch would be back as closer in '04 . . . and then he went and signed with the Yankees, where he definitely had a great shot at closing.

Optipessimism
10-13-2005, 11:24 PM
There is going to be a very nice crop of relievers available who can close, so we'll see what happens. I doubt there are going to be very many winning teams looking for Gordon to be their opening day closer when they have shots at Ryan, Urbina, Mota, Wagner, Hoffman, etc.

RKMeibalane
10-14-2005, 12:17 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox get him back, but we can worry about that next month.

antitwins13
10-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Tom Gordon says he'd rather go sign with someone else besides the Yankees because he'd like a chance to close full time with someone. He pulled out the same crap when he didn't want to return to the Sox after '03 because it was assumed that Koch would be back as closer in '04 . . . and then he went and signed with the Yankees, where he definitely had a great shot at closing.

The Sox won't sign him if he demands a closer's role. I would rather have Jenks or a healthy Dustin Hermanson close than flash.

Banix12
10-14-2005, 02:48 AM
I would leave the Yankees if I were Gordon just to save my arm. He has been so overused since he's been there and always gets overshadowed by Rivera.

Maybe Boston resigns him to move Timlin back to setup and as a backup in case Foulke doesn't come back healthy.

Though it is a big year to be shopping for a closer with a lot of big names out there, not the best year to be asking for a closers job.

getonbckthr
10-14-2005, 03:13 AM
well what teams need a closer: cincy, sd(hoffman is leaving) zona, braves,philly,cle (if wick retires), balt.

Foulke You
10-16-2005, 03:35 AM
I'd love to have Flash back. Not sure about full time closer but as a late innings setup guy, he is still nasty. I don't buy for one minute his talk about only wanting to be a full time closer. Money talks, he'll sign with whoever gives him the most cash.

harwar
10-16-2005, 11:36 AM
It seems that boston & new york have great trouble in managing their bullpens.Thats why they want Don Cooper so bad.