PDA

View Full Version : Former MLB player F.P. Santangelo says Sox won fair-n-square

Eric Bartman, today's top dope
10-13-2005, 09:45 PM
He pointed out something I didn't hear from any other "expert." The first base ump scurried back to first base after the strike out, as if THE PLAY WAS STILL ALIVE. If the play was dead, he would have just continued walking to second to b.s. with the other umps, as umps are wont to do between innings.

Jurr
10-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Wonderful news. Now I can go to sleep tonight knowing that the win was legit. It was really beginning to eat at me. Last night, for example, I couldn't even have a celebratory beer because I didn't think the ending was fair.

No offense, man. I'm just so over sensationalism. Let's call out every person who ever stepped on a field and ask their opinions of what happened. That way, we'll have something to write about other than the NHL tonight, K?:rolleyes:

RKMeibalane
10-13-2005, 09:48 PM
He pointed out something I didn't hear from any other "expert." The first base ump scurried back to first base after the strike out, as if THE PLAY WAS STILL ALIVE. If the play was dead, he would have just continued walking to second to b.s. with the other umps, as umps are wont to do between innings.

Can we drop this matter? The Sox won. They... won. That is a good thing. Game 3 is Friday evening.

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2005, 09:49 PM
... and I'll bet they just saved a whole bunch of money on their car insurance by switching to Geico!!! :rolling:

MUsoxfan
10-13-2005, 09:49 PM
I was wondering what Santangelo would have to say. Now all I need to know is what former Pirates SS Dale Berra thinks of the situation so I can sleep well at night:redneck

RKMeibalane
10-13-2005, 09:55 PM
:hitless

"Doesn't anyone want to know what I think?"

:hurt

"No, Royce. Get lost!"

10-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Wow, just trying to give peeps some ammo in case they have to argue with Flubs fans in the future.

Hope the Sox effort Friday is as defensive as the replies to this thread...

Palehose13
10-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Wow, just trying to give peeps some ammo in case they have to argue with Flubs fans in the future.

I appreciate the intent. The only ammo you need is this: How are the cubs doing this week? Oh wait, they aren't! Ha ha ha ha ha :wink:

dakuda
10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
That way, we'll have something to write about other than the NHL tonight, K?:rolleyes:

What is this NHL that you speak of?

10-13-2005, 10:44 PM
I appreciate the intent. The only ammo you need is this: How are the cubs doing this week? Oh wait, they aren't! Ha ha ha ha ha :wink:

True dat!

My point was not about FP or whoever, but about the 1B umpire's actions during the play, which I hadn't heard before, that's all.

We won and that's all that matters.

Johnny Mostil
10-13-2005, 10:51 PM

It's an interesting perspective, or at least one I hadn't seen, but you really had me racking my brains trying to remember just who was F. P. Santangelo.

As for arguing with Flubs fans, well, I remember a signature somebody (alas, not me--I'm not smart enough to think of this) once had on these boards: What do you call a Cubs fan with an opinion? WRONG.

Norberto7
10-13-2005, 10:53 PM
We won and that's all that matters.

...and what F.P. Santangelo thinks!

This is now my second favorite thread title, second only to...

What's up with the bump on Placido Polanco's head? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53050&highlight=polanco)

GeauxSox
10-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I was wondering what Santangelo would have to say. Now all I need to know is what former Pirates SS Dale Berra thinks of the situation so I can sleep well at night:redneck

ROFL :redneck

Banix12
10-14-2005, 01:38 AM
That's a name I haven't heard in years, not since he was a cub-killer playing for Montreal in the mid to late 90's

Corlose 15
10-14-2005, 02:17 AM
That's a name I haven't heard in years, not since he was a cub-killer playing for Montreal in the mid to late 90's

Obi-Wan Santangelo? I haven't heard that name since long before you were born. :D: :D: