PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans in Anaheim?

Mikesac
10-13-2005, 09:32 PM
I'll be going to games 3-4 in Anaheim, any other Sox fans going to be there? If so any pre or post game party suggestions?

gashegone72
10-13-2005, 11:12 PM
I am driving down tomorrow from the Bay Area for Game 3. Any tips from locals or other Sox fans that have been to the park before would be much appreciated. Specifically, are there good lots to park in, or to avoid? I've heard that there are strict rules against tailgating, so as the previous poster asked, any good pre- and post-game activities? Finally, I'll be picking up a friend in West Hollywood. Any estimates on how long it will take to get to the ballpark on a Friday afternoon (or should I not even ask?!!). Thanks!

TheBull
10-13-2005, 11:32 PM
I am taking the Amtrak up from San Diego with about 10 other fans on Saturday. I thought MJ&H were going to be live from the ESPN Zone outside of Disneyland on Saturday, but that may not be the case.

Our group will probably still go there, but if anyone knows of a Sox pregame gathering for Saturday, please pass it on. Too bad Hangar is not making this trip because he'd certainly herd the cats.

Mikesac
10-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Gashegone, Good Luck on the drive. My only advice would be leave early. Very Early. It's propabley at least an hour drive from Hollywood to Anaheim on a good day, but on Friday afternoon with a big event, God only knows how long it may take, plus another 6+ from the bay area if you're lucky. That's why I'm flying down from Sac town. On the brite side parking's pretty easy around the stadium.
Ther ESPN Zone sounds like a good meet up spot to me. I had thought about that myself. I think I may head there on Saturday afternoon.

SOX LA Mikey
10-14-2005, 02:43 AM
Damn, now I'm in Chicago, I don't regret my decision to be here THIS week (work conference) because I hold 4 tickets for a potential game 7, but I SO wish I could be in 2 places at the same time, I live in WHollywood, at least 1 hour to the Big A with no traffic, Friday night 5pm game, count on 2.5 hours if you take I-5. Leave at 1pm and get there good and early. If you have a passenger, get in the diamond lane after
you pass the Orange curtian. Exit Gene Autry Blvd and if you're there early enough, there is FREE parking on the streets around the industruial parks. otherwise, proceed to the big A parking lots (normally $8, playoffs probably $20)
I've never seen anybody BBQing, but people do hang around their cars drinking.
Whatever you do, DON'T buy a rally Monkey, and throw away any thundersticks they may give you, but make sure you go in the main gate and veer right to check out the World Series trophy and ......BELIEVE!

GO SOX!!!!!!

leetsox
10-14-2005, 04:03 AM
hey i have to go back to san diego friday but saturaday kegger with a bunch of halos fans so ill be by myslef like usual but sunday ill be at the game GO SOX

leetsox
10-14-2005, 04:15 AM
i live in Fullerton cause i got to cal state fullerton, but if you can park at this mexican place along the left field side along the 57 its cheap im taking the bus sunday which is a 5 mile drive to go to the game. Avoid LA at all costs cause if you dont, even on a saturday you are screwed. 0 dark 30 is when you need to get out of LA. avoid, compton just cause i dont want yoyu to need to refuel around there watts or inglewood cause that could be very bad news late at night especially now. dont go to national sports grill near angel stadium. all angel fans ,and no espn zone besides all angels fans 10 buck per hour after you finish eating to watch and because your a SOX fan probaly 20 cause they will gip you. thats how they do in OC bunch of goobers. they are a lot like the North
Side Flub fans goobers

Troupis
10-14-2005, 12:19 PM
I'll be at all three games.

You can't tailgate in the Angels parking lot. But it's only $10 to park there.

Pat Dahl and I, along with 5 other White Sox fans will be tailgating in a lot across the street all of Saturday. The price for lots in Anaheim where you can tailgate (not affiliated with the Angels) is $20.

Pat says he is even building a nice little "bags" set for tossing.

IUPeterman
10-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Sounds like I will be coming in for the Saturday game. My company's HQ is in Pasadena, and we are working on tix! Hopefully the boss will come thru. Can't Wait!!!

GO SOX!!

my5thbench
10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
We lived out there & went to many Angel games in '79 & '80, the
parking was extremely easy at the big A.....we used to go to a nice
Mexican restaurant across the street, great Cal/Mex chow .....when
you ordered a Marguirita they would sell you an extra shot of Jose
Quervo Gold for a quarter....prices have likely gone up since then

TheBull
10-14-2005, 04:56 PM
dont go to national sports grill near angel stadium. all angel fans ,and no espn zone besides all angels fans 10 buck per hour after you finish eating to watch and because your a SOX fan probaly 20 cause they will gip you.

Leetsox,

Any suggestions where to go near the ball park? We arrive by train, so bars accessible by foot or short cab rides are preferred.

Thanks.