PDA

View Full Version : OCT 18- World Series tickets on sale

chisoxmike
10-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this... World Series Tickets go on sale Tuesday! :gulp:

We'll see how many do go on sale.

Per White Sox PRESS RELEASE....

CHICAGO -- Individual-game tickets to each of four World Series games that could be played by the American League Central Division Champion Chicago White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field will go on sale Tuesday, October 18 at noon.

Tickets will be available only through TicketMaster - by phone at (866) SOX GAME and (312) 559-1212 and online at whitesox.com. Tickets will not be sold at ticket outlets or at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office. Fans may purchase up to four tickets to one game only.

World Series ticket prices, as set by Major League Baseball, are: Lower Deck Box $185; Lower Deck Reserved/Bleachers/Upper Deck Box $140; and Upper Deck Reserved $125. World Series tickets must be printed at home using Ticketfast or picked up at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office. Tickets that are not printed through Ticketfast must be picked up at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office, Gate 4 Windows 1-10, between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 20 or Friday, October 21 only. Will Call ticket orders that are not picked up by 9:00 p.m. Friday, October 21 will be cancelled and the amount charged to the customer's credit card will be refunded. The World Series will begin on Saturday, October 22.

mike squires
10-13-2005, 06:16 PM
I"m not holding my breath. I was out of luck for the first round and my brother tried but didn't get through for the second. I'm guessing it's going to guess chances will be slim to get through.

chisoxmike
10-13-2005, 06:18 PM
I"m not holding my breath. I was out of luck for the first round and my brother tried but didn't get through for the second. I'm guessing it's going to guess chances will be slim to get through.

Totally, anyone who gets them through ticketmaster is one lucky S.O.B.

chisoxmike
10-13-2005, 06:21 PM
damn, already a thread on this from eariler today. sorry, just got home and saw the news.

merge time...

elrod
10-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I think I'll just start with Game Six (Game 3, actually) and not even bother with the first two games. I stuck waiting for Game One and Two to no avail last time, and the earlier games sell out first.

chisoxfanatic
10-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Why do they continue to do this while most people are actually at a thing called WORK?

I thought Steff told me they were going on sale this Saturday afternoon.

Gavin
10-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Really though, how many do you think will be offered per game? Less than 2500 I say.

Realist
10-13-2005, 07:21 PM
It may be a little easier to get tix to the WS than the ALCS for no other reason than extra tickets are not available to season ticket holders for the WS like they were for the ALDS and ALCS.

We've got 2 seats for the entire season. We were offered those two same seats for the playoffs plus 2 upper deck extras for each game of the ALDS and ALCS. For the WS, all we're offered are our 2 regular seats.

Then again, I'm sure that a pile of tickets are going to be locked up for representatives of both leagues, promotional giveaways, and the visiting team. It could be a dog fight for tickets just like the first 2 series.

salty99
10-13-2005, 11:24 PM
very interesting it says fans may purchase 4 tickets to 1 game only. Time to recruit some friends to try to get other games. And it also looks like you can't split them up to get 2 to game 1 and 2 to game 2, etc. Someone with more contacts then me needs to find this out for sure.

mmmmmbeeer
10-14-2005, 12:20 AM
I know it will never change, but it really pisses me off how scarce these playoff tickets have been to the fans. I'm sure it's always been like this, just that the Sox usual absence from the playoffs has kept me in the dark. 2500-4000 tkts per game open to the public, or roughly 10%. NINETY-PERCENT of tickets GONE before they even go on sale to the public. Ridiculous.

Foulke You
10-14-2005, 12:43 AM
This is the only time I've missed those extra 4500 seats they lopped off the upper deck.

Pulaski
10-14-2005, 08:36 AM
It may be a little easier to get tix to the WS than the ALCS for no other reason than extra tickets are not available to season ticket holders for the WS like they were for the ALDS and ALCS.

We've got 2 seats for the entire season. We were offered those two same seats for the playoffs plus 2 upper deck extras for each game of the ALDS and ALCS. For the WS, all we're offered are our 2 regular seats.

Then again, I'm sure that a pile of tickets are going to be locked up for representatives of both leagues, promotional giveaways, and the visiting team. It could be a dog fight for tickets just like the first 2 series.

Season Ticket Holders can purchase extras for the World Series if you re-up your plan. Here is the email I received from the White Sox.......

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Are you interested in adding full season seats to your current season plan? If so, now is the time to do it! We would like to extend a limited time offer for you to purchase tickets to all four potential World Series games at U.S. Cellular Field.

A small number of tickets have been returned to us from Major League Baseball, therefore we only have a limited number of tickets available in the lower and club level seating areas.

The number of World Series ticket strips available for purchase must match the number of 2006 Full Season Tickets that you add on (limit 8 World Series ticket strips). All 2006 Season locations will be assigned on a first come, first served basis and World Series ticket strips will be available while supplies last. Please note a 50% non-refundable deposit is due for the add-on season tickets. You will be invoiced for the remaining 50%. Full payment is due for the World Series ticket strips.

If you are interested, please contact me as soon as possible at (312)674-5339. Again, there are a limited number of tickets and a short time frame to take advantage of this offer.

Ol' No. 2
10-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Season Ticket Holders can purchase extras for the World Series if you re-up your plan. Here is the email I received from the White Sox.......

Are you interested in adding full season seats to your current season plan? If so, now is the time to do it! We would like to extend a limited time offer for you to purchase tickets to all four potential World Series games at U.S. Cellular Field.

A small number of tickets have been returned to us from Major League Baseball, therefore we only have a limited number of tickets available in the lower and club level seating areas.

The number of World Series ticket strips available for purchase must match the number of 2006 Full Season Tickets that you add on (limit 8 World Series ticket strips). All 2006 Season locations will be assigned on a first come, first served basis and World Series ticket strips will be available while supplies last. Please note a 50% non-refundable deposit is due for the add-on season tickets. You will be invoiced for the remaining 50%. Full payment is due for the World Series ticket strips.

If you are interested, please contact me as soon as possible at (312)674-5339. Again, there are a limited number of tickets and a short time frame to take advantage of this offer.

That's not for re-upping. You have to add more seats.

Pulaski
10-14-2005, 09:14 AM
That's not for re-upping. You have to add more seats. Yes, that is what meant, but did not articulate it well.

Pulaski
10-14-2005, 11:45 AM

SPLIT SEASON TICKET PLANS:

My friend who has a split plan, just called an upped his plan to a Full Year plan for next year and was able to secure all World Series Tickets in Section 160. It might be worth a call to your ticket rep if you have a split plan and are planning/willing to get a full plan for 2006. You Can Get World Series Tickets!

Bum
10-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Interesting if you take a look at StubHub, there are already Game #1 listings for essentially the worst seats in the house. If those listings are legit, then it appearsx that game is practically sold out already.

ewokpelts
10-14-2005, 04:45 PM

Then again, I'm sure that a pile of tickets are going to be locked up for representatives of both leagues, promotional giveaways, and the visiting team. It could be a dog fight for tickets just like the first 2 series.i just bought WS extras yesterday...mind you, i had to add a full season plan
Gene

Taliesinrk
10-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Does anyone know how an average joe willing to pay can get WS tickets??? I desperately need advice and what to do.. please let me know...

gobears1987
10-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Does anyone know how an average joe willing to pay can get WS tickets??? I desperately need advice and what to do.. please let me know...Stub hub or ebay are the only ways you will have a chance to buy some.

Ol' No. 2
10-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Stub hub or ebay are the only ways you will have a chance to buy some.There are tons of ticket brokers on line and their prices are similar. Google ticket broker to find them. There is also a ticket exchange on the Sox website.

salty99
10-15-2005, 10:58 PM
i just went on the ticketmaster website. Nowhere do they have Game 1 World Series for sale. All they have is game 2, 6, 7 Game 1 must already be sold out???

DSpivack
10-15-2005, 11:08 PM
There are tons of ticket brokers on line and their prices are similar. Google ticket broker to find them. There is also a ticket exchange on the Sox website.

I looked at that ticket exchange and it said there were no tickets being sold. :?:

Ol' No. 2
10-15-2005, 11:09 PM
I looked at that ticket exchange and it said there were no tickets being sold. :?:The ticket exchange won't put them up until after the Sox are definately in. Check the ticket brokers.

DSpivack
10-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Quick look at StubHub shows $700 EACH for WS Game 1 Upper Deck... $1000 for games thereafter. :o: :o: :o:

Ol' No. 2
10-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Quick look at StubHub shows $700 EACH for WS Game 1 Upper Deck... $1000 for games thereafter. :o: :o: :o:I've found stubhub prices to be a little inflated. Google "ticket broker".

DSpivack
10-15-2005, 11:12 PM
The ticket exchange won't put them up until after the Sox are definately in. Check the ticket brokers.

Thanks for the heads-up. Ticket brokers cheapest for any WS Game is $1000.:o: :o: :(:

Ol' No. 2
10-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. Ticket brokers cheapest for any WS Game is $1000.:o: :o: :(:Wow. My four seats are over $20,000. :thud:

soxwon
10-15-2005, 11:23 PM
very interesting it says fans may purchase 4 tickets to 1 game only. Time to recruit some friends to try to get other games. And it also looks like you can't split them up to get 2 to game 1 and 2 to game 2, etc. Someone with more contacts then me needs to find this out for sure.

so if you get through you MUST buy 4 seats?
not 1 or 2?

Ol' No. 2
10-15-2005, 11:25 PM
so if you get through you MUST buy 4 seats?
not 1 or 2?If you're lucky enough to get through, you'd BETTER buy 4 tickets. I guarantee you there are plenty of people here who will take them off your hands.

nasox
10-15-2005, 11:42 PM
If you're lucky enough to get through, you'd BETTER buy 4 tickets. I guarantee you there are plenty of people here who will take them off your hands.

Wouldn't you have a better percentage chance to get through if you buy less? Less availibilty means less tickets of four availible in one place, so then if you request less, you have a better chance of getting through. That's how TBastard works.

Bum
10-16-2005, 12:39 AM
I've found stubhub prices to be a little inflated. Google "ticket broker".

Transactions are taking place thru StubHub, and at 4 digit prices. I've been watching this closely. There is some liquidity in that market. So be careful with your claim of "inflated". If you're thinking you will get some cheap seats day of the game, you may find this event is a quite a bit different than the ALCS.

Ol' No. 2
10-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Transactions are taking place thru StubHub, and at 4 digit prices. I've been watching this closely. There is some liquidity in that market. So be careful with your claim of "inflated". If you're thinking you will get some cheap seats day of the game, you may find this event is a quite a bit different than the ALCS.I meant they tend to be a bit inflated over the actual market price. People can post their tickets for any ridiculous price they choose, but unless someone's actually willing to pay it, it's BS. Prices at ticket brokers or even eBay are more representative of the actual market price.

Bum
10-16-2005, 12:46 AM
I meant they tend to be a bit inflated over the actual market price. People can post their tickets for any ridiculous price they choose, but unless someone's actually willing to pay it, it's BS. Prices at ticket brokers or even eBay are more representative of the actual market price.

Ticket brokers can post at any BS price too. And many were doing exactly this right up until gametime of the LCS. They were in no way representative of the market. And unfortunately, until an auction closes on E-Bay, you can't use the bid as any indicator of the market. With StubHub, you just have to separate the true sellers from the folks who are just testing the upper end of the market.

Foulke You
10-16-2005, 01:35 AM
Transactions are taking place thru StubHub, and at 4 digit prices. I've been watching this closely. There is some liquidity in that market. So be careful with your claim of "inflated". If you're thinking you will get some cheap seats day of the game, you may find this event is a quite a bit different than the ALCS.
This would be the first World Series in Chicago since 1959. The scalping rates for the Fall Classic will be INSANE.

HotelWhiteSox
10-16-2005, 02:57 PM
It's worth a shot, with class scheduling. this will be my first chance to try for playoff tickets myself, as friends and family have failed me (though it seems to be TM at fault after hearing stories).

Anyways, for those who got DS and CS tickets through Ticketmaster. Is it best to go on the site as early as possible (some early link for that waiting room thing?) or to try and get on the site at noon on the dot. Thanks

salty99
10-16-2005, 04:02 PM
there is no waiting room in Ticketmaster. The ticket sale will pop up at noon and then you will wait some unknown amount of time

chisoxfan83
10-16-2005, 04:27 PM
i will not post this out in public for non registered users to see because i do not want to be at a disadvantage myself. If you want to know a better way to beat ticketmaster probably how the brokers do it pm me and I will tell you. I will answer the last of the pms monday at 11:59. This way i just found out from someone else and it has got to work. This may be the best way besides having season seats to get ahold of these WS seats for face. I do want to see every WSI user have this advantage!:bandance:

chisoxfan83
10-16-2005, 04:39 PM
I am leaving to go watch the game shortly all pms will be answered later tonite if not tomorrow morning, I do have jury duty maybe so be patient I am sure I will be flooded with requests.