PDA

View Full Version : Why Sox Fans are wrong and why the Sox are "lucky"

Nate_in_Kansas
10-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I agree. And, for the five hundredth time, I'm tired of the media and everyone else feeling sorry for the Angels, acting as though they aren't getting a fair shake. The White Sox haven't gotten a fair shake for most of this season, as they've been playing without their best hitter. What did they do in response? They went out and won ninety nine games, which proves that a focused, determined team can overcome any obstacle in its path. The media needs to think about this for a while and stop acting as though the Sox have been getting things handed to them, because that hasn't been the case.

I agree with your premise, that a good team overcomes stuff like this...But, again, didn't we bitch and moan last year about how 'unfair' it was that we didn't have Magglio or Frank when it really counted? We are JUST as guilty as everyone else....And another thing: We as Sox fans have to consider our team extremely LUCKY right now. We get to face the Angels WITHOUT their top pitcher. We got to face them while they were playing their 4th game in four days in their 3rd different city (NY to LA to CHI? That's killer!). We got to face a starter last night who was obviously weakened by his battles with strep throat, etc. And because of all these, WE WERE FACING A DEPLETED BULLPEN. Not to mention the call that went the Sox way last night. So if the media shouldn't feel sorry for the Angels, we should, at the very least, feel DAMN LUCKY to be facing the Angels when we are...If we don't win with all of this in our favor, then we TRULY DON'T DESERVE to win.

Nate in Kansas

Ol' No. 2
10-13-2005, 05:32 PM
I agree with your premise, that a good team overcomes stuff like this...But, again, didn't we bitch and moan last year about how 'unfair' it was that we didn't have Magglio or Frank when it really counted? We are JUST as guilty as everyone else....And another thing: We as Sox fans have to consider our team extremely LUCKY right now. We get to face the Angels WITHOUT their top pitcher. We got to face them while they were playing their 4th game in four days in their 3rd different city (NY to LA to CHI? That's killer!). We got to face a starter last night who was obviously weakened by his battles with strep throat, etc. And because of all these, WE WERE FACING A DEPLETED BULLPEN. Not to mention the call that went the Sox way last night. So if the media shouldn't feel sorry for the Angels, we should, at the very least, feel DAMN LUCKY to be facing the Angels when we are...If we don't win with all of this in our favor, then we TRULY DON'T DESERVE to win.

Nate in KansasAnd we also get to face them without a HOF hitter in our lineup. Boy, are we lucky!

FielderJones
10-13-2005, 05:34 PM
And we also get to face them without a HOF 3-hole hitter in our lineup. Boy, are we lucky!

Fixed that.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-13-2005, 05:37 PM
And we also get to face them without a HOF hitter in our lineup. Boy, are we lucky!

I'm pretty sure Nate would do himself a favor by reading more and posting less. His credibility is shrinking at a rapid rate.

:cool:

Nate_in_Kansas
10-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Consider this: Josh Paul does not get to call anyone out. He can tag someone out or throw someone out, but he can't call anyone out.

Also consider: The umpire DID NOT make the out call. He made the strike three call. The ball was still in play. You are delusional.

Finally consider: The umpire did not award Ozuna second base. The umpire did not award Crede a double. Those were both earned by the Sox players, on mistakes by the Angels players, with two outs. The difference was execution by the Sox, and lack of execution by the Angels.

You can see things however you WANT to see them, but that doesn't make you right. He made BOTH the strike three call, and the out call (the clenched fist). If I'M the pitcher and I see that, I don't tell my catcher to tag the runner...I go to the dugout because the THIRD OUT HAS BEEN RECORDED. And if I'm the catcher, and I'm already sure that I've caught the ball, AND I see the rest of my teammates starting to leave the field--instead of telling me to tag the runner--because the THIRD OUR HAS ALREADY BEEN SIGNALLED, than I don't tag runner....Who would? I'm pretty sure Scoscia wouldn't. And I'll bet A.J. wouldn't in most instances either. WHY wouldn't you just DO the simple thing? BECAUSE their was no need to. At least until A.J. changed the umpire's mind.

And BTW...I already acknowledged the point on execution. But maybe you are just too delusional to realize that.

Nate_in_Kansas
10-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Nate would do himself a favor by reading more and posting less. His credibility is shrinking at a rapid rate.

I don't deny the 'unluckiness' of being without Frank at all...In fact, it was mentioned in the post I was responding to. I didn't see the need to repeat it.

I'm just trying to put the whole "luck" thing into perspective...I'm sorry it that offends anyone.

:?:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-13-2005, 05:42 PM
You can see things however you WANT to see them, but that doesn't make you right. ...

Actually if we can back up our opinions by citing facts, our opinion has more weight than somebody whose "facts" keep being contradicted.

You haven't read a damn thing today, have you? But we're the ones who are delusional, right?

I'm laying 10:1 this matter is about to be picked up in the ****house.

maurice
He made BOTH the strike three call, and the out call (the clenched fist)....
If I'M the pitcher and I see that, I don't tell my catcher to tag the runner...I go to the dugout....
if I'm the catcher, and I'm already sure that I've caught the ball, AND I see the rest of my teammates starting to leave the field....

Do yourself a huge favor and read the entire thread before you post again. All of this talking head nonsense already has been debunked.

Ol' No. 2
You can see things however you WANT to see them, but that doesn't make you right. He made BOTH the strike three call, and the out call (the clenched fist). If I'M the pitcher and I see that, I don't tell my catcher to tag the runner...I go to the dugout because the THIRD OUT HAS BEEN RECORDED. And if I'm the catcher, and I'm already sure that I've caught the ball, AND I see the rest of my teammates starting to leave the field--instead of telling me to tag the runner--because the THIRD OUR HAS ALREADY BEEN SIGNALLED, than I don't tag runner....Who would? I'm pretty sure Scoscia wouldn't. And I'll bet A.J. wouldn't in most instances either. WHY wouldn't you just DO the simple thing? BECAUSE their was no need to. At least until A.J. changed the umpire's mind.

And BTW...I already acknowledged the point on execution. But maybe you are just too delusional to realize that.Actually, AJ did tag the batter in exactly the same situation earlier in the game. And Molina did the same. Neither waited to be told by their teammates or looked around to see what signal the umpire was giving. But don't let these little details get in your way.

Nate_in_Kansas
10-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Actually if we can back up our opinions by citing facts, our opinion has more weight than somebody whose "facts" keep being contradicted.

You haven't read a damn thing today, have you? But we're the ones who are delusional, right?

I'm laying 10:1 this matter is about to be picked up in the ****house.

I've read on this site...I've read on other sites...I've watched replays all day and interviews with countless people on T.V. Are you saying that the only evidence worth anything is on this site?

BarbG
10-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Look at it this way: If the tables had been turned, don't y'all think WE'D be bitchin' about the call? OF COURSE WE WOULD BE!
Oh, I'd be bitching alright...

...bitching that our catcher was so CARELESS as to ignore a basic fundamental of baseball - the insurance tag.

...bitching that our manager put a third-string catcher in to handle the bottom of the 9th in a tied ALCS game.

...bitching that our catcher let the runner take 2nd base EASILY.

...bitching that our reliever served up a cookie on an 0-2 count!

...and bitching that so many are trying everything in the world - including outright lying - to DEFEND that kind of playing at the CS level and instead blame an umpire for doing his job.

Nate_in_Kansas
10-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Actually, AJ did tag the batter in exactly the same situation earlier in the game. And Molina did the same. Neither waited to be told by their teammates or looked around to see what signal the umpire was giving. But don't let these little details get in your way.

Hey...I'm not trying to get on people's bad sides here. I just get upset when I come on here and read a lot of people speaking about the situation with such extreme certainty. Unfortunately I responded to that certainty with more more certainty than even I have about the matter. My point was merely to bring in a different opinion to counter. I shouldn't have thrown around words like "delusional" and such to do so...

I apologize, but also ask for more perspective from everybody, myself included.

Nate in Kansas

Nate_in_Kansas
10-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Best anything I've read all day....

I think it's time for all of us to move on, and leave the bickering to the mediots and Sox haters....

As Sox fans, we have more important things to discuss .... Like taking the series lead in game 3 tomorrow

Amen! :D:

goodsy72
10-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Hey DUMBASS NATE . Get a freakin' life and move on pal. We have, all the way to the World Series tonight you dip****. If your gonna post crap like you post than maybe you should reconsider your allegiances and become a CUB fan if your not one all ready. You seem about as knowlegable as the rest of their fan base. Hey DUDE , Whats the Score ? All your idiotic posts end up here anyway.
:dumbpeople:

Hey DUMBASS your not in Kansas anymore:dtroll:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-16-2005, 04:37 PM
I agree with your premise, that a good team overcomes stuff like this...But, again, didn't we bitch and moan last year about how 'unfair' it was that we didn't have Magglio or Frank when it really counted? We are JUST as guilty as everyone else

Actually we still do not have Frank Thomas - Every Anaheim starter is playing. Nobody said it was "unfair". Nobody wants their top players to go down to injury. However, we didn't bitch and moan about it all day every waking moment like the worthless media and their apologist viewers (including you) during the ALCS.

And another thing: We as Sox fans have to consider our team extremely LUCKY right now. We get to face the Angels WITHOUT their top pitcher. We got to face them while they were playing their 4th game in four days in their 3rd different city (NY to LA to CHI? That's killer!). We got to face a starter last night who was obviously weakened by his battles with strep throat, etc.

We lost the only game where we had rest and they didn't. You didn't hear the White Sox bitch when they had to go to Boston for a 1 game road trip in the morning on Labor Day for a game which should have been played to regulation in the first place. They went out and won that game.

Your strep throat pitcher gave up 1 unearned run and left with the game tied so how is this excuse valid? He had 78 pitches and wouldn't have pitched more than 1 more inning if he wasn't "sick". I saw him before the game and he was fine.

If the Angels wanted more rest they should ahve taken care of business against the depleted Yankees as we did Boston. New York had two starters out (Pavano, Wright) and it took these candyasses 5 games to complete the series.

And because of all these, WE WERE FACING A DEPLETED BULLPEN. Not to mention the call that went the Sox way last night. So if the media shouldn't feel sorry for the Angels, we should, at the very least, feel DAMN LUCKY to be facing the Angels when we are...If we don't win with all of this in our favor, then we TRULY DON'T DESERVE to win.

Nate in Kansas

This "depleted bullpen" which you are whining about gave up:

Game 1: 3 IP, 0 ER
Game 2: 4 1/3 IP, 0 ER
Game 3: 4 IP, 0 ER
Game 4: 4 2/3 IP, 2 ER

Now I know and the rest of the board knows you are talking out of your a**.

You come on the board and bitch about the White Sox and how "Lucky" they are facing this "sick" pitcher who did his job followed by a depleted bullpen which is pitching as good as our starters and you think you don't deserve to be moved to the roadhouse?

If anyone was lucky it was Anaheim for winning Game 1, a game we should have one but we lost. The White Sox made mistakes but they weren't making excuses, the media wasn't taking our side (as if they ever do) and we didn't worry about anything but the next game.

I am sure there is an Angels board somewhere where you would be more comfortable. Don't come on this board with your bull**** and expect us to swallow it just as we don't swallow the crap served up at ESPN, Fox or the Cubune. Remember Toto when you post on WSI, you are not in Kansas anymore.

SOXSINCE'70
10-16-2005, 04:45 PM

Does he have any?? I'm not so sure myself.