PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 gatherings???

Palehose13
10-13-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm picking up my friend from San Diego at O'Hare at 1:30 tomorrow (Friday). She wants me to take her to Grandstand. She would also really like to watch the game Friday night with a bunch of Sox fans, since she is one of the few in SoCal (especially right now).

Where are people watching the game? We may stay in Chicago and catch the game down there tomorrow night.

longshot7
10-13-2005, 06:03 PM
a whole bunch of us (at least the people I met yesterday and tues at Jimbo's) are meeting at Puffer's on Halsted for the weekend series. Not sure if it's for all games, but it's in the neighborhood, so why not? Join us.

jenn2080
10-13-2005, 06:23 PM
I think a bunch of people and myself are going to Union Park on Racine and Jackson. It was a good crowd there last week and some really good energy. They also have tons of big screen tvs

SweetnesSox
10-13-2005, 06:25 PM
are any of these places open for 18+? I'd like to find a cool place to chill for the games with some knowledgable fans.

spiffie
10-14-2005, 12:48 AM
If there isn't going to be a reprise of the gathering at Monk's from ALDS Game 3, then the question is if anyone is planning to gather anywhere on the north side to watch the games this weekend.

chisoxfanatic
10-14-2005, 10:06 AM
a whole bunch of us (at least the people I met yesterday and tues at Jimbo's) are meeting at Puffer's on Halsted for the weekend series. Not sure if it's for all games, but it's in the neighborhood, so why not? Join us.

Yep. There's already roughly 6 or 7 confirmed WSIers who will be at Puffer's. And, we're planning on watching the games from Puffer's all three nights this weekend.

cheeses_h_rice
10-14-2005, 10:16 AM
I may try to find a place on the NW side (near Lincoln Square or Jefferson Park) to watch Games 4 and 5. Maybe Hops & Barley at Milwaukee & Montrose? Their food service sucks, but how hard would it be to screw up beer on tap?

peeonwrigley
10-14-2005, 10:29 AM
I may try to find a place on the NW side (near Lincoln Square or Jefferson Park) to watch Games 4 and 5. Maybe Hops & Barley at Milwaukee & Montrose? Their food service sucks, but how hard would it be to screw up beer on tap?

I don't know about that bar, but I have had some pretty awful beer on tap in the city. If you look around and notice everyone is drinking bottles I have found its safter to follow suit, even if it costs a little more.

I'm watching somewhere in the Old Town, Lincoln Park, or Rush/Division area tonight... waiting to hear back from some people

Hangar18
10-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I think a bunch of people and myself are going to Union Park on Racine and Jackson. It was a good crowd there last week and some really good energy. They also have tons of big screen tvs

Someone mentioned this to me the other day ........I may actually stop in to Union Park for an inning or two, and most likely zipping over to Puffers right after :cool:

ilsox7
10-14-2005, 10:34 AM
I don't know about that bar, but I have had some pretty awful beer on tap in the city. If you look around and notice everyone is drinking bottles I have found its safter to follow suit, even if it costs a little more.

I'm watching somewhere in the Old Town, Lincoln Park, or Rush/Division area tonight... waiting to hear back from some people

If you're going to Rush/Division, drop me a line. I'll be there at Finn's for free wings at 4 then watching the game.

soxfanatlanta
10-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Is there anybody out there in Atlanta looking for a place to congregate and watch the game? Perhaps Taco Mac, or the Three Dollar in Buckhead?

Anyone?

(Man, it's lonely down here)

ChiSoxGirl
10-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Yep. There's already roughly 6 or 7 confirmed WSIers who will be at Puffer's. And, we're planning on watching the games from Puffer's all three nights this weekend.

I'm one of the confirmed and am excited to be watching a game from Bridgeport without even being in the ballpark! It'll totally be worth the traffic on the Kennedy, too! Chisoxfanatic, Hangar18, chisoxmike... see ya there!!! :D:

soxfanreggie
10-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Any Bloomington Normal gatherings?

MsSoxVixen22
10-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Anybody know of any Sox friendly places in the Carol Stream/Wheaton area to watch games?

Cellview22
10-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Can anyone give a description on what Puffers is like? How big? How many seats? Big screen tvs etc? Thanks!

Go Sox!

Palehose13
10-14-2005, 11:32 AM

It's been awhile since I've been to puffers, but from what I recall the TV's were quite small. Will we actually be able to see the game?

Palehose13
10-14-2005, 12:29 PM
I am leaving for the airport now. Henry, you should have my number. If not, someone here has it. Feel free to give me a call an let me know what is up.

Val

maurice
10-14-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm picking up my friend from San Diego at O'Hare at 1:30 tomorrow (Friday). She wants me to take her to Grandstand.

You should stop by the park as well. The HOF gift shop is open daily from (IIRC) 10-4 this week.