PDA

View Full Version : From favorite to underdog ... perfect

KyWhiSoxFan
10-13-2005, 03:58 PM
One positive coming out of this brouhaha about the third strike is that it puts the Sox back into the position of being the underdog.

Before the ACLS, all the experts started picking the Sox to win because Colon is out, the Angels rotation was not set up properly due to the Yankees series going five games, the Angels are tired, etc., and I think the Sox play better as the underdog, us against the world.

Well, that really comes into play after last night as all the experts now think the Sox were lucky, underserving, etc., a bunch of crap that has grown old fast.

We go into LA with a chip on our shoulder. I think we'll play real well and go after them. Taking two of three is a possibility. Heck, we should sweep and shut 'em all up.

SOXSINCE'70
10-13-2005, 04:04 PM
They always play better when they're the underdog.I like
that status.Tell someone they can't do something,then
watch them prove you wrong.Hell,I picked the Sox to finish
4th in the A.L. Central.I've never been happier to be wrong.

Chicken Dinner
10-13-2005, 04:08 PM
http://www.toontracker.com/totaltv/udog-1.jpg Bring um on!!!!

NewyorkSoxFan
10-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Brantley was on Mike and the Maddog here in NY and when they asked who would win the series his reply was "It will be all red when they start the WS" with this kinda smirk in his voice. He also said that the starting rotations were a wash and their bullpen was far superior to ours. Noting only Jenks and he just "rares back and throws b/c he has no idea where its going.

It is so obvious that this is now personal b/c his dislike for Ozzie. I love it though, this team is gonna shock the world, and make idiots like him wrong.

SOXSINCE'70
10-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Brantley was on Mike and the Maddog here in NY and when they asked who would win the series his reply was "It will be all red when they start the WS" with this kinda smirk in his voice. He also said that the starting rotations were a wash and their bullpen was far superior to ours. Noting only Jenks and he just "rares back and throws b/c he has no idea where its going.

It is so obvious that this is now personal b/c his dislike for Ozzie. I love it though, this team is gonna shock the world, and make idiots like him wrong.

All red?? So,who does he like in the N.L.??
The Asros,like the Cardinals,wear red home uniforms as well.
Hey,put the pressure on the Halos.I love it.
The Sox might be able to steal 2 (or 3) this weekend
if things keep going the way they are.:cool: :cool:

SweetnesSox
10-13-2005, 07:54 PM
All red?? So,who does he like in the N.L.??
The Asros,like the Cardinals,wear red home uniforms as well.
Hey,put the pressure on the Halos.I love it.
The Sox might be able to steal 2 (or 3) this weekend
if things keep going the way they are.:cool: :cool: actually i'd say the ASTROS are more of a burgandy/maroon while the CARDS are fire engine red. i work at the crayola 64 colors crayons factory.

leetsox
10-14-2005, 03:21 AM
actually i'd say the ASTROS are more of a burgandy/maroon while the CARDS are fire engine red. i work at the crayola 64 colors crayons factory.

LEET i envy you getting to color:D:

batmanZoSo
10-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Holy crap are those cranberry Astros uniforms ugly. Why can't that franchise just decide on something?

Sad
10-14-2005, 09:03 AM
actually i'd say the ASTROS are more of a burgandy/maroon while the CARDS are fire engine red. i work at the crayola 64 colors crayons factory.

the blue ones really do taste better :redneck