PDA

View Full Version : little crazy idea for next year

getonbckthr
10-13-2005, 03:55 PM
what if we go after jim thome for DH. philly wants to get rid of him we will have money to spend with the frank buyout and el duque most likely gone. and how about doing a rowand/duque/marte for crawford deal. setting up potentially:

1)podz cf/lf
2)crawford cf/lf
3)konerko 1b
4)thome dh
5)iguchi 2b
6)dye rf
7)aj c
8)crede 3b
9)uribe ss

1)buerhle
2)contreras
3)garcia
4)garland
5)b-mac

Chisox003
10-13-2005, 04:05 PM
what if we go after jim thome for DH. philly wants to get rid of him we will have money to spend with the frank buyout and el duque most likely gone. and how about doing a rowand/duque/marte for crawford deal. setting up potentially:

1)podz cf/lf
2)crawford cf/lf
3)konerko 1b
4)thome dh
5)iguchi 2b
6)dye rf
7)aj c
8)crede 3b
9)uribe ss

1)buerhle
2)contreras
3)garcia
4)garland
5)b-mac
Unbelievable.

We're in the ALCS, and have 2 threads going about 2006

Whatever

cleanwsox
10-13-2005, 04:13 PM
That's about a 100 million dollar roster you got there.

The_Floridian
10-13-2005, 04:15 PM

1)podz cf/lf
2)crawford cf/lf
3)konerko 1b
4)thome dh
5)iguchi 2b
6)dye rf
7)aj c
8)crede 3b
9)uribe ss

1)buerhle
2)contreras
3)garcia
4)garland
5)b-mac

How about we worry about next year in November, shall we? That should give you a little time to consider why that Crawford deal would never happen.

getonbckthr
10-13-2005, 04:15 PM
That's about a 100 million dollar roster you got there.

everetts salary will be gone that would make up crawfords, and as far as thome goes you make up his contract by buying out frank and getting rid of marte and el duque not to mention philly picking up some, how do u figure 100 million??

cleanwsox
10-13-2005, 04:29 PM
everetts salary will be gone that would make up crawfords, and as far as thome goes you make up his contract by buying out frank and getting rid of marte and el duque not to mention philly picking up some, how do u figure 100 million??

12.5 for Thome
3.5 Million buyout for Frank
2.5 for Crawford (who TB would never give up anyways)
=
18.5 Million

4.5 for El Duque
2.5 for Damaso
=
7 Million

Increase of 11.5 Million dollars, plus all the other salary increases for guys like Rowand, Garcia, Buehrle, etc. Pauly is going to cost 10+ million to keep and it adds up to more than what Jerry is going to pay.

The_Floridian
10-13-2005, 04:31 PM

Okay, so let me see if I have this straight:

You propose sending Aaron Rowand, a 40 year-old starter, and a jittery lefty whose nerves are strongly in question, not to mention a bag of salary to pay off, in exchange for one of the top outfielding prospects in the game....and you think Tampa Bay, a team that is making every effort to invest as little money as possible in older players, is going to take that?

Then, you propose dealing prospects for a 35 year old first baseman with no legs who is coming off of a major surgery, not to mention taking on his monster contract, and you think this would be good for our lineup?

Do I have all this right?

Breathe. Focus on ALCS. Breathe. Focus on ALCS....

RKMeibalane
10-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Let's worry about next season when this one is over, which won't happen for a while.

chisoxmike
10-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Did I miss something? I thought the Sox are still playing in 2005.

chaerulez
10-13-2005, 06:51 PM

1)podz cf/lf
2)crawford cf/lf
3)konerko 1b
4)thome dh
5)iguchi 2b
6)dye rf
7)aj c
8)crede 3b
9)uribe ss

1)buerhle
2)contreras
3)garcia
4)garland
5)b-mac

I want a guy that can barely hit .200 and hit home runs (and that's suppose to be his strength) and still has 40 million left on his contract! Where do I sign up! *****.

soxjim
10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Last time I looked we are playing in the ALCS. I can't wait for game 3 on Friday.

getonbckthr
10-13-2005, 10:51 PM
its an off day it doesnt hurt to discuss the future.

Banix12
10-14-2005, 01:46 AM
It's not a bad idea but it hinges on a couple ideas that might not be totally likely.

1. The Phillies would have to eat a big hunk of his contract.
2. The asking price from the Phillies would have to be pretty reasonable and for mostly minor leaguers. The Phillies would probably want one of the starters (not el duque) or a Bobby Jenks in return to fill their pitching needs and I don't see that happening.
3. He would have to pass a physical.

It's an interesting idea but I just don't see it happening.