PDA

View Full Version : AJ gets a text message after game

Fenway
10-13-2005, 04:25 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/13/AR2005101300021.html

There was a text message on his cell phone. It was Doug Mientkiewicz, his teammate when both were with the Minnesota Twins, who famously caught the last out of the Boston Red Sox' World Series sweep, then kept the ball.

"Even when you strike out u cause problems," came the message.

Pierzynski chuckled. Then came another: "Go keep the base, you'll make bank off that photo."

And for the first time on the night he stole Game 2 of the ALCS, Pierzynski smiled.

CHISOXFAN13
10-13-2005, 04:27 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/13/AR2005101300021.html

There was a text message on his cell phone. It was Doug Mientkiewicz, his teammate when both were with the Minnesota Twins, who famously caught the last out of the Boston Red Sox' World Series sweep, then kept the ball.

"Even when you strike out u cause problems," came the message.

Pierzynski chuckled. Then came another: "Go keep the base, you'll make bank off that photo."

And for the first time on the night he stole Game 2 of the ALCS, Pierzynski smiled.

Mientkiewicz is one of my least favorite players in the game, but that is funny stuff.

Iguana775
10-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Mientkiewicz is one of my least favorite players in the game, but that is funny stuff.

LOL...Yes, that's hilarious. :supernana:

leetsox
10-13-2005, 04:36 PM
i would keep the base

Wsoxmike59
10-13-2005, 07:36 PM
today one guy at work mentioned to me...."what happened to the ball on the A.J. Pierzynski dropped 3rd strike?"

That's a good question I said, in the confusion during the ensuing argument, I lost track of the ball and wondered what happened to it too?

I wonder who is in possession of the Pierzynski ball?? Has this been addressed or mentioned on this board or on sports blab radio yet???

If the Sox win the Pennant, that ball might go down in Sox lore, as big as the Buckner or Bartman balls. I have the game on tape (I was at the game last night and set up my "timer" on the VCR) and I was going to "investigate" that further.

But just in case this topic has been discussed.....anybody know who's got the Pierzynski ball????

Kizzy08
10-13-2005, 08:07 PM
today one guy at work mentioned to me...."what happened to the ball on the A.J. Pierzynski dropped 3rd strike?"

That's a good question I said, in the confusion during the ensuing argument, I lost track of the ball and wondered what happened to it too?

I wonder who is in possession of the Pierzynski ball?? Has this been addressed or mentioned on this board or on sports blab radio yet???

I'll tell you what happened to that ball...that sucker got laced down the left field line for a game winning double on a 0-2 meatball...THAT'S what happened.

Ventura Fan 23
10-13-2005, 08:37 PM
That is some funny stuff :D:

StockdaleForVeep
10-13-2005, 09:16 PM
:KW
"Doug who? It dont matter, he wont be here in July"

Mickster
10-13-2005, 09:17 PM

If the Sox win the Pennant, that ball might go down in Sox lore, as big as the Buckner or Bartman balls. I have the game on tape (I was at the game last night and set up my "timer" on the VCR) and I was going to "investigate" that further.

But just in case this topic has been discussed.....anybody know who's got the Pierzynski ball????

It's currently being ground into perogie filling and soaked in beer over at Jimbo's. These stupid south-siders will do just about anything for some free press. :redneck

HotelWhiteSox
10-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Anyone else irritated by the "stole game 2" comment, not the first time today I've seen media bias try to make AJ or the Sox look in a negative light for this. Which is stupid considering it was great baseball instincts, it was running hard, something you'll get killed for if you don't do it, and if it were Derek Jeter, McCarver and others would spend the majority of the conversation on this issue oggling on the great baseball instincts of the batter!

hose
10-13-2005, 09:40 PM

The ump tossed it out because it got scuffed from hitting the ground before Paul could catch it.:whistle:

voodoochile
10-13-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll tell you what happened to that ball...that sucker got laced down the left field line for a game winning double on a 0-2 meatball...THAT'S what happened.

It was still in play? I mean it didn't get removed by the home plate ump or fouled off on one of the two strikes?

nasox
10-14-2005, 12:52 AM

Angels fans are going to explode it and then cook pasta sauce with it. Duh! :cool:

Stroker Ace
10-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Anyone else irritated by the "stole game 2" comment, not the first time today I've seen media bias try to make AJ or the Sox look in a negative light for this. I've been hassled by people who keep telling me that the Sox "stole" the game. I just tell them,"They played the system and they won." If anyone on the angels were in this situation, "the media" would tell people that it was great instincts on the hitter's part.

TDog
10-14-2005, 02:29 AM
I've been hassled by people who keep telling me that the Sox "stole" the game. ...

Especially cubs fans. They're so used to getting "robbed" of wins with bonehead plays of their favorite team.

Baseball just isn't fair.

Shoeless Joe
10-14-2005, 02:43 AM
Good to see some sense of humor in this whole conflict. I mean honestly, if you're not playing on the Angels, the White Sox, or part of the umpiring crew what's the point of having a huge uproar on either side of the argument. What's done is done! The series is tied 1-1, and believe me the player's are going to be over it as soon as the game starts tonight. Come on, after 80-plus years of being devoid of a World Series I'll take ANY break for our Sox, bad call or not.

Wsoxmike59
10-14-2005, 07:43 AM

LOL, that much I knew. Last I saw of it during the argument the Angels 3B Robb Quinlan had it and was looking it over with SS Miguel Cabrerra to see if it had a dirt scuff mark on it. (I was surprised that the umps didn't take it from them and do the same. They did it on the Garret Anderson strike out in the 2nd inning!)

I don't know if THAT ball was tossed back to the ball boy behind home plate and if Kelvim Escobar got a "fresh" ball before facing Crede or not. Crede then took two pitches and drilled the GW hit and then Garret Anderson caught THAT ball off the wall on the rebound.

I didn't see if he tossed that ball in to the stands after Ozuna scored the winning run or what he did with it??

We'll see in the next few days if there's an A.J. Pierzynski ball for sale on Ebay (Probably more like 6 of 'em!!):D: