PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen sports bar

ChiFabulous1
10-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Some one is selling tickets to the bullpen sports bar for game 6 on ebay. Is this legit? Are tickets available for just the sports bar during the the playoffs?

ChiSoxGirl
10-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Some one is selling tickets to the bullpen sports bar for game 6 on ebay. Is this legit? Are tickets available for just the sports bar during the the playoffs?

This is true. My friend & I tried to go into the Bullpen Sports Bar last night after the game and were turned away by security, who told us you needed a ticket to get down there during the ALCS Games.

The group of people sitting in the row in front of us knew some high-up gal with the Sox, who handed them some tickets for "downstairs." We figured out what "downstairs" was when we were turned away at the Bullpen Bar.

Garland_IS_God
10-13-2005, 03:27 PM
This is true. My friend & I tried to go into the Bullpen Sports Bar last night after the game and were turned away by security, who told us you needed a ticket to get down there during the ALCS Games.

The group of people sitting in the row in front of us knew some high-up gal with the Sox, who handed them some tickets for "downstairs." We figured out what "downstairs" was when we were turned away at the Bullpen Bar.

Do you also need a ticket to the game as well or is the ticket for the bar the only thing you need to get in? I know for the Stadium Club you need a ticket as well as a pass.

putherawaywet
10-13-2005, 03:29 PM
I bought a ticket for the bullpen sports bar for game 1. I was displeased for the following reason. The ticket that I bought was for a table on the ground level - behind the fence. I thought it would be for the tables that are above field level where the view is completely unobstructed. The ******** security guard ruined the first four -five innings of the game by making us sit the entire time. You couldn't see everything while seated. We spent the first four innings pissed off and complaining. Finally, someone came by and told this dolt to let us stand. It sucked up until that point. I believe the tables are labelled A,B,C,D. C and D are up above the outfield wall - they are incredible. A and B are at field level so you have to look through the fence - not so good.

daveeym
10-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Some one is selling tickets to the bullpen sports bar for game 6 on ebay. Is this legit? Are tickets available for just the sports bar during the the playoffs? Hahaha, I hope that schmuck gets fired. Because from all the known info those would be corporate/comp tickets. I guess if they were comps it would be ok, but I'm sure a corp would can one of their employees for this and if a Sox employee is listing it they'd get canned as well.

IlliniSox
10-13-2005, 03:31 PM
I bought a ticket for the bullpen sports bar for game 1. I was displeased for the following reason. The ticket that I bought was for a table on the ground level - behind the fence. I thought it would be for the tables that are above field level where the view is completely unobstructed. The ******** security guard ruined the first four -five innings of the game by making us sit the entire time. You couldn't see everything while seated. We spent the first four innings pissed off and complaining. Finally, someone came by and told this dolt to let us stand. It sucked up until that point. I believe the tables are labelled A,B,C,D. C and D are up above the outfield wall - they are incredible. A and B are at field level so you have to look through the fence - not so good.

Where did you buy these? This is the first I have heard about this, I was wondering how you get to the upper level of the BSB during the playoffs.

putherawaywet
10-13-2005, 04:09 PM
I bought them from a broker - I think it was Main Event tickets.

champagne030
10-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Do you also need a ticket to the game as well or is the ticket for the bar the only thing you need to get in? I know for the Stadium Club you need a ticket as well as a pass.

The bullpen bar is closed during the game (post division series). MLB has taken control of the bar to have their clients gain access AFTER the game. This is just like the seats - MLB controls who gets the tickets. The seats outside the bar were available to season ticket holders....i had to ask and then was told "oh, sure you can buy tickets down there." You pay face value on the ticket and a "rental" fee for the table ($100/game divisional series, $125 ALCS, $150 WS). You also get a waiter/waitress. You access the seats though a gate at the bottom of section 109.

Garland_IS_God
10-13-2005, 04:52 PM
The bullpen bar is closed during the game (post division series). MLB has taken control of the bar to have their clients gain access AFTER the game. This is just like the seats - MLB controls who gets the tickets. The seats outside the bar were available to season ticket holders....i had to ask and then was told "oh, sure you can buy tickets down there." You pay face value on the ticket and a "rental" fee for the table ($100/game divisional series, $125 ALCS, $150 WS). You also get a waiter/waitress. You access the seats though a gate at the bottom of section 109.

So you don't have to buy a ticket other than the one for the bar?

DumpJerry
10-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Suddenly, being a Royals fan looks attractive.:?:

champagne030
10-13-2005, 04:58 PM
So you don't have to buy a ticket other than the one for the bar?

You buy a game ticket and then tack on a table rental fee. You cannot gain access to the private postgame party inside of the bar unless you know someone involved with MLB.

Wsoxmike59
10-13-2005, 06:29 PM
I sat at the Bullpen Bar Tables in the upper area for game #2 of the ALDS vs the Red Sox. I went to the game with a guy who's friends with Christine O'Reilly of the White Sox (Public Relations Director)

Those seats are incredible up there. No obstruction and you feel like your playing deep RF right over Jermaine Dye's shoulder!

For the ALDS the ticket price on the bullpen bar table reserved seats said $40....now I'm sure that was in addition to the $55 RF level ticket price. But still well worth it for a playoff game.