PDA

View Full Version : Rusted Root - Go Red Sox ?? What??

jenn2080
10-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Ok I dont know if anyone else heard this that was at the game, but did anyone hear the guy who was singing before the game from Rusted Roots? Did he really say go Red Sox before he walked off? Our whole section heard "Red"

Sad
10-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Rusty Roof?

are they still around?

jenn2080
10-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Rusty Roof?

are they still around?

oh ya it was the lead singer who played. and at the end of his set i swear it sounded like go red sox.

Sad
10-13-2005, 02:58 PM
oh ya it was the lead singer who played. and at the end of his set i swear it sounded like go red sox.

hmmmm...
heard about two of their songs years ago and couldn't understand much other than BumblysayImohway or something like that... :?:

...sounds like he mumbles when talking as well...

cheeses_h_rice
10-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Ok I dont know if anyone else heard this that was at the game, but did anyone hear the guy who was singing before the game from Rusted Roots? Did he really say go Red Sox before he walked off? Our whole section heard "Red"

It didn't sound like "White Sox" where I was sitting, but I thought he was nervous and just stumbled over his words. I heard something "Sox" which I assumed was "Let's go Sox" or something like that.

Jerko
10-13-2005, 03:02 PM
He did say go Red Sox. Those were the only 3 words I could make out though thru that whole 9 minute song (or was it 2 songs?)

Rocky Soprano
10-13-2005, 03:24 PM
All I know is the guy that played the National Anthem, ROCKED. That was awesome.

jenn2080
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
He did say go Red Sox. Those were the only 3 words I could make out though thru that whole 9 minute song (or was it 2 songs?)

Thank YOU. I could have swore on everything that was what I heard. All the people in my section looked at each other with the did he just say that look. I was in 508 I so I was close but was not for sure. WHAT an idiot. He is going to be at Play at the Field at the Field Museum. Hopefully he can remember where he is playing.

Vernam
10-13-2005, 03:45 PM
I heard "Red Sox," too, and people next to me said I was nuts. As usual. :redneck

His record label must have paid the Sox for the opportunity, and I damn well hope the money contributes to keeping Konerko in 2006 so the pre-game suckfest wasn't a total waste of time. It really put a damper on the crowd to start the game.

Vernam

daveeym
10-13-2005, 03:48 PM
I heard "Red Sox," too, and people next to me said I was nuts. As usual. :redneck

His record label must have paid the Sox for the opportunity, and I damn well hope the money contributes to keeping Konerko in 2006 so the pre-game suckfest wasn't a total waste of time. It really put a damper on the crowd to start the game.

Vernam Maybe, but they are from chicago. I know a girl that dated I guess this same jabron and I've been to a party in a building they were living in. Pretty sweet building of lofts in the South Loop area about 8 years ago. Looked like trash from the outside but had sweet lofts and indoor atrium ringed with stairways and balconies for the entire 5 or 6 stories.

CHISOXFAN13
10-13-2005, 04:09 PM
The audio was awful so I applaud those who made out anything he said.

I'd love to second the poster who enjoyed the national anthem. Good Stuff!

Soxfanspcu11
10-13-2005, 04:11 PM
All I know is the guy that played the National Anthem, ROCKED. That was awesome.

Hendrix style, it was great! It was note for note the way the anthem sounds, simply amazing!!!

PennStater98r
10-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Maybe, but they are from chicago. I know a girl that dated I guess this same jabron and I've been to a party in a building they were living in. Pretty sweet building of lofts in the South Loop area about 8 years ago. Looked like trash from the outside but had sweet lofts and indoor atrium ringed with stairways and balconies for the entire 5 or 6 stories.

I'm pretty sure Rust Root members are from Pennsylvania - near Pittsburgh. I lived out there when Cruel Sun and When I Woke broke. If any member is "from Chicago" now, it's because they transplanted.

daveeym
10-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Rust Root members are from Pennsylvania - near Pittsburgh. I lived out there when Cruel Sun and When I Woke broke. If any member is "from Chicago" now, it's because they transplanted. Could be. We'll leave it as "called Chicago home for a period of time."

Domeshot17
10-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Me and my GF both thought he said (broken down to how he sounded) " Cha-heers Wah-yte Sax " ( Cheers White Sox)

jenn2080
10-13-2005, 05:21 PM
The audio was awful so I applaud those who made out anything he said.

I'd love to second the poster who enjoyed the national anthem. Good Stuff!

Agreed the National Anthem Kicked a**

Realist
10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
According to my buddy that was at the game with me, the guy that played the national anthem is the guitarist from a Chicago band called the "Lovehammers". Supposedly they've been around for a bunch of years and their lead singer was the guy that finished second in that search for a new lead singer for INXS.

chisoxfanatic
10-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I thought the performance before the game by Rusted Root was absolutely brutal! I thought they could've done much better for pre-game entertainment. I agree the national anthem was awesome. It sent a few chills up and down my spine.

One note: The scoreboard that was displaying the lineups before the game read showed the Angels' lineup; however, the words "Red Sox" were on the heading of that board. I thought THAT was kind of weird.

Soxfanspcu11
10-13-2005, 08:20 PM
The anthem was amazing but the guitar he used to play it on was just as good! Anyone know where you can get a guitar like that???

delben91
10-13-2005, 08:25 PM
My buddy and I, along with most of the folks in our section thought the Rusted Root guy said "Red Sox." But everything he said was distorted, so who knows.

And here's another vote saying the national anthem was amazing.

BeviBall!
10-13-2005, 10:39 PM
He said "Cheers, Red Sox". I booed... but I was booing when I heard it was the dope from Rusted Root in the first place. Heck, I figured he'd get blasted, but then, no one was listening to him anyway.

antitwins13
10-13-2005, 11:03 PM
that's what I thought I heard too, but I thought I was mistaken

BainesHOF
10-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Having the guy from Rusted Root sing was horribly inappropriate. I'd like to know who made the nonsensical decision.

The National Anthem was awesome, and so was the guitar.

Hangar18
10-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Was this at a concert? When did this goof do this?

CHIsoxNation
10-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Was this at a concert? When did this goof do this?

He played at the park before the game on Wednesday night.