PDA

View Full Version : Is the win "tainted"? Do you feel "diminshed"?

TommyJohn
10-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Boy, just when I thought it was safe to change my mind about Red Sox fans.
I am registered at a fan forum and boy! They are bitching on and on about how
the game was "stolen" the win was "cheap" AJ is a [deleted] it should be 2-0
blah blah blah. One post that took the cake was a gal who wrote that if the
White Sox go all the way, it would be "tainted" and if the Red Sox had won a
game like that last year, it would "diminish" it for her. She also wrote if that's
how they want to do it, who needs integrity when you have got "World Series
bling?" (I hate that ****ING word bling by the way. I ****ING hate it.)

So are you tainted? Diminished? Feel like crying? Sobbing? Want to give the
game back to the poor Angels and start all over again?

I don't want to write what the media will say if the White Sox do win, but you
know what it'll be. As for Miss "Diminished" well, if you can't say anything nice
about someone.....

EDIT: Good grief. I spelled"diminished" incorrectly. AAAGH! :redface: :redface: :redface:

Ol' No. 2
10-13-2005, 12:39 PM
game like that last year, it would "diminish" it for her. She also wrote if that's

So are you tainted? Diminshed? Feel like crying? Sobbing? Want to give the

know what it'll be. As for Miss "Diminshed" well, if you can't say anything nice
about someone.....Absolutely. I woke up this morning feeling soooo tainted and diminished. I say we call the Angels back and re-start the game from the 10th inning.

In fact, that's probably not going far enough. I feel TERRIBLE about winning the game on Tony Graffanino's error. We should replay that game, too.

voodoochile
10-13-2005, 12:41 PM
No.:rolleyes:

voodoochile
10-13-2005, 12:42 PM
No.:rolleyes:

Actually, I'm feeling a little diminished, but that might be the beer I drank last night at 2AM. Now that I realize I am tainted, maybe the diminised part of it has a deeper explanation...

*Loud belch*

No... it was the beer...

Sad
10-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Absolutely. I woke up this morning feeling soooo tainted and diminished. I say we call the Angels back and re-start the game from the 10th inning.

In fact, that's probably not going far enough. I feel TERRIBLE about winning the game on Tony Graffanino's error. We should replay that game, too.

it's a good thing the teal cops are lunchin' at the Donut Hole...

TimoPerez
10-13-2005, 12:43 PM
There is a reason there are no replays in baseball. The umpires make calls based on how they see them and there is nothing anyone can do if they make the call incorrectly. The ruling on the field always stands.

Whether or not the call was correct, it was still right. Whatever the umpire says is right. A win is a win, a loss is a loss, and a bat is a bat, even if it's flat.

TomParrish79
10-13-2005, 12:44 PM
i feel fine

any sports fan in any city that has a MLB team would be feeling the same way today if their team won....the ones who say differently are lying or either just pissed cuz their team is at home.

halfpricemonday
10-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I bet the people who are bitching and moaning about our "tainted" win are the same people who voted for Giambi as Comeback Player of the Year.

goodsy72
10-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Bottom line we won. The rest is just a flaming pile of media ****!!! They know what the can kiss and to everyone who says we don't deserve that one.:booty: We deserve them all the way to the World Series. Tell them to go **** themselves whining little babies. Yeah you lost deal with it.

Chisox003
Absolutely. I woke up this morning feeling soooo tainted and diminished. I say we call the Angels back and re-start the game from the 10th inning.

Ya, I feel the same way. Actually, instead of replaying the Red Sox game, let's just give them the series since that error cost them their entire season. If Graff doesn't make that error, the Sawx win the game automatically, and of course take the series.

As for last night, it should've never happened since we shouldn't even have been playing. I really hope the Sox do the right thing and hand their spot in the ALCS to Boston, because we're not winning these games fairly.

Wells didn't hang a curveball to Gooch
(3rd string catcher) Josh paul didnt flat out not tag AJ last night on a close call.
(3rd string catcher) Josh Paul didn't double clutch and decide not to throw to 2nd when EVERYONE knew Ozuna was running. An uncontested stolen base is just cheap anyway.
Escobar didn't groove an 0-2 fastball to Crede, when all he needed to do was throw his nasty splitter in the dirt to get the out.

I feel terrible

MsSoxVixen22
Hell no! :rolleyes:

Rustyzipper
This is winning ugly.... There is no tomorrow, and There catcher blow it... end of story.

Madvora
10-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I don't get all this 2-0 talk. The game was tied. They already had two outs on us and two strikes on us and they failed to get out of the inning.

HotelWhiteSox
10-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Considering the call was right, it was great baseball instincts by AJ, and one of the dumbest plays of the century to not tag him by Josh Paul, HELL NO.

Especially since PK got screwed on a strikeout call earlier in the game. I wonder how tainted the Angels feel after they got a BS call go their way with Robinson Cano "running out of the baseline" which put the game in the bag for them against the Yankees. They made errors, they let Pablo steal, they couldn't get Crede out, they couldn't score off Buehrle, and they got a gift out/run saved by dumbass extradorinare, Joey Cora.

So these idiots who know nothing about baseball but are going by the commentating of Buck and McCarver to influence their opinoin on the call can quit :whiner: and SHUT THE **** UP

dividedsk717
10-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Feeling diminished? Ummm ... no.

Fenway
10-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Give the Red Sox fans a pass on this, it is being fueled by the 2 papers and WEEI

http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/450354_sports10132005.jpg

you might find Howard Bryant's blog amusing

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/redSox/

Tonight, the White Sox are trying to win the whole series in one at-bat. Leading off the third, Rowand ripped a double to right. The ball was bobbled in the corner by Vladimir Guerrero and Rowand took off for third, diving in headfirst while the ball scooted past the third on the outfield side.
But Rowand dusted himself off and broke for the plate, only to be easily erased by Robb Quinlan’s throw to the plate. Ozzie Guillen teaches aggressiveness, but this was dumb. Washburn has been on the ropes tonight. The White Sox would have had a runner on third with nobody out, and wound up killing their own momentum. A.J. Pierzynski struck out and Joe Crede popped up to right.
These guys need to relax.

JRIG
10-13-2005, 12:50 PM

So are you tainted? Diminshed? Feel like crying? Sobbing? Want to give the

know what it'll be. As for Miss "Diminshed" well, if you can't say anything nice
about someone.....

Who the **** cares what Red Sox fans from a Red Sox forum are saying about a White Sox team that kicked their ass up and down Newbury Street last week in sweeping the ALDS? :kukoo:

We are three wins away -- THREE WINS AWAY -- from the World Series. A place we haven't been to since 1959. We just won a game last night in thrilling fashion, getting one of the best post-season starts in recent memory from Mark Buehrle in the process. Do not waste your valuable time worrying about what people think about us, out team, our ballpark...it just doesn't matter.

Enjoy the ride. One way or another, it'll be over in 2 weeks.

CaptainBallz
10-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm not even gonna justify that with a response.
But, then again, I just did.

The MLB rulebook states that in the ALCS, tie games go to the away team if the away team fails to clearly, without dispute, have more runs scored than the home team before the end of nine regulation innings. Therefore, the Sox robbed the Angels of a win.

West Coast::whiner:
East Coast::whiner:
Midwest::whiner:
South Side of Chicago::bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp:

KarkoFan1
10-13-2005, 12:56 PM

With that logic, the Patriots first of the three Super Bowl was tainted because Tom Brady's nonfumble call during the second round of the playoffs allowed them to win the game and inturn go on to win the championship. Umpires and officials are part of sports, and their decisions directly change the outcome of the game. If Boston thinks our run is tainted, tell them to take a look at their beloved Pats first Super Bowl victory. Those people may change their minds.

Corlose 15
10-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Here's the way I look at it.

If the umpire never verbally called AJ out, which he didn't, its Paul's responsibility to tag him or go to first. The whole, "he made the out sign" argument doesn't fly because Paul had already thrown the ball back and was headed towards the dugout when the ump made that sign, which was for strike 3 anyways.

Secondly, even after the call its still 2 outs with a runner on 2nd base and the number 8 hitter up. They didn't throw Pablo out when everyone knew he was running and they hung an 0-2 splitter to Crede. Like Sciocsia said, they didn't play well enough to overcome it.

Uncle_Patrick
10-13-2005, 12:59 PM

^^^Someone on the MLB boards actually suggested this.^^^

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that we are going to have to hear about the "controversy" for the next week.

The fact is the Angels allowed Ozuna to steal and then gave up a double to Crede. That's why they lost. Everytime an ump botches a call, he's either giving or taking away an out for the offense. People are complaining that the Sox got four outs that inning and that if they hadn't gotten that call, the Angels would have had another chance to win the game. Well, as I recall, they had 9 innings to score more runs prior to that. Cry me a river.

The people who have this biggest problem with this appear to be Cubs fans. I think they've posted on this call on their boards and on the MLB and ESPN boards as much as Angels fans have. I'll give the Angels fans a pass because its understandable for them, but since Cubs fans claim they don't care about the Sox, I'm really perplexed. :rolleyes:

Fenway
10-13-2005, 01:00 PM
With that logic, the Patriots first of the three Super Bowl was tainted because Tom Brady's nonfumble call during the second round of the playoffs allowed them to win the game and inturn go on to win the championship. Umpires and officials are part of sports, and their decisions directly change the outcome of the game. If Boston thinks our run is tainted, tell them to take a look at their beloved Pats first Super Bowl victory. Those people may change their mind.

favorite sports headline of all time
RAIDERS GET TUCKED ( Oakland Tribune )

But still the blame has to start with the Anaheim catcher, all he had to do was tag AJ just to be sure

What I am glad didn't happen was can you imagine the scene if after 5 minutes either the 3rd or 1st base ump overruled the plate umpire? Ozzie may have killed someone.

Argalarga
10-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Tainted? No.

Lucky? Maybe a little.

Either way, it's 1-1 going to the OC.

mrs. hendu
10-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Red Sox fans whining? What's new? :rolleyes:

There are so many bad calls every season that I'm not going to feel bad about, then why this one? E.g. I was 100% sure Crede was safe last night, but he ended up out, which I disagree with. So what?

Had Crede struck out or the Angels scored in the 10th and won the game, nobody would be making any comments today. But when the White Sox win - oh no, they steal.

How dare those mediocre Sox win???

Fenway
10-13-2005, 01:04 PM
loved Ozzie's quote

"I'm not concerned about that. That's not my job. I saw a couple kids in my office looking at the replay. I told them, 'Get out of my office.' I don't want to talk about baseball right now. I don't need the controversy thing.''

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/columns/story?columnist=caple_jim&id=2189660

itsnotrequired
10-13-2005, 01:12 PM
^^^Someone on the MLB boards actually suggested this.^^^

I find the mlb.com boards to be full of rational, well-thought-out, practical ideas.:rolleyes:

Fenway
10-13-2005, 01:16 PM
I find the mlb.com boards to be full of rational, well-thought-out, practical ideas.:rolleyes:

from one of the Angels boards

The Angels need to pull their heads out of their butts. Vladimir Guerrero was the worst player on the field last night. I thought the Sox were actually pitching around Orlando Cabrera to get to Vlad. Chone Figgins has been TERRIBLE. If he's not throwing a ball away to cost us a game against the Yankees, he's striking out continually. Somebody has to have the discipline to take a few pitches and make their pitchers work. Or, is it our strategy to let their bullpen develop so much rust from inactivity that they won't be effective if they ever come into the game? Scioscia has to find a way to keep Juan Rivera, arguably the team's best offensive player over the last month, IN THE LINEUP. Get angry Angels fans. Get to the stadium Friday with some vinegar in you.

http://talk.ocregister.com/showthread.php?t=16446

tlebar318
10-13-2005, 01:18 PM
There is a reason there are no replays in baseball. The umpires make calls based on how they see them and there is nothing anyone can do if they make the call incorrectly. The ruling on the field always stands.

Whether or not the call was correct, it was still right. Whatever the umpire says is right. A win is a win, a loss is a lass, and a bat is a bat, even if it's flat.

Is that you Dr. Suess? :redneck

cheeses_h_rice
10-13-2005, 01:19 PM
You're right.

I feel tainted.

I feel guilty.

I feel unworthy.

I feel like a fraud.

I feel like the Angels would have easily won that game otherwise.

I feel sorry that the guy sitting next to me practically broke my nose high-fiving me when Crede knocked in the game-winning run. Oh wait, for that I AM sorry. Ouch. :wink:

Rocky Soprano
10-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Sox win. I'm Happy. Period.

TommyJohn
10-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Who the **** cares what Red Sox fans from a Red Sox forum are saying about a White Sox team that kicked their ass up and down Newbury Street last week in sweeping the ALDS? :kukoo:

We are three wins away -- THREE WINS AWAY -- from the World Series. A place we haven't been to since 1959. We just won a game last night in thrilling fashion, getting one of the best post-season starts in recent memory from Mark Buehrle in the process. Do not waste your valuable time worrying about what people think about us, out team, our ballpark...it just doesn't matter.

Enjoy the ride. One way or another, it'll be over in 2 weeks.

That's true. But I was curious, so I went to see. I wound up furious, so I had
to vent.

Stroker Ace
10-13-2005, 01:23 PM
No.

Uncle_Patrick
10-13-2005, 01:31 PM
from one of the Angels boards

http://talk.ocregister.com/showthread.php?t=16446

I've actually found that many Angels fans appear to be more rational about this whole play than fans who's Lovable losers didn't even make the playoffs.

TimoPerez
10-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Is that you Dr. Suess? :redneck

The last part of what I wrote is from a Gatorade commercial.:tongue:

Chisox003
10-13-2005, 01:39 PM
I've actually found that many Angels fans appear to be more rational about this whole play than fans who's Lovable losers didn't even make the playoffs.
That's what I thought too....

The Angels and their fans are obviously upset (For good reason), but the best is hearing the Northside (and ALL of Chicago), the East coast, and the rest of the country whine about this
Meanwhile, on the Southside.....:dancers: :cheers:

I loooove winning ugly

akingamongstmen
10-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I don't get all this 2-0 talk. The game was tied. They already had two outs on us and two strikes on us and they failed to get out of the inning.

Didn't you get the memo? Sound logic is not to be used under any circumstances. Ever.

StrTrkker
10-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Man...

If this is how feeling diminished is let me be diminished 7 more times.

Goose
10-13-2005, 01:57 PM
This is getting so out of hand! The play was what it was. There is no way that the ump could see the ball as it landed in JP's glove. He has to go by the sound of the ball as the play is happening. He obviously heard something that did not sound like a clean catch, and therefore the play continued. JP should have made the tag-out. If he did, inning over. The pitcher should have picked up the ball that JP flung back to the pitcher's mound and throw it to 1st for the out. If he did, inning over. No one was pressuring the umpire to make a call one way or another. If he did not think the play was still alive, then he would have called AJ out. End of story. End of controversy. End of all this bull**** about a cheap win, tainted victory and all the rest. If AJ was batting with a 3-2 count and the next pitch was clearly on the outside corner for a strike, but the umpire saw it as a ball and awarded AJ 1st base and all else remained the same in the 9th inning, would this be as controversial as it is? NO. The ump made his call and everyone needs to live by it and continue to play their game. The Sox did, the Angels did not, and Crede, thank goodness, came through with a solid hit to win the game. Some may call it a cheap win, I call it grinding out a victory.

Fenway
10-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Dirt Dog had to chime in
http://bostondirtdogs.com/
Say It Ain't So, Ump!

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/alcs_strike.jpg

It's Another Black Sox Scandal
Angels Robbed in South Side Hustle
Chump Umps in Chicago Throw Away the
2005 American League Championship Series

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/10_12_strikeout_call.jpg

(AP Photo)

Umps Don't Call an Out an Out in 2-1 Travesty of a Mockery of a Sham (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2005/10/12/white_sox_beat_angels_2_1_on_disputed_call/?page=1)
A Bad Ending for Doug Eddings (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/umpires/bio.jsp?id=2395)

Iwritecode
10-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Dirt Dog had to chime in

That's funny. Those pictures show the ball moving in a downward trajectory. Then look where the ball ends up in his glove.

There's no way it got there without hitting the ground.

Chisox353014
10-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Give the Red Sox fans a pass on this, it is being fueled by the 2 papers and WEEI

http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/450354_sports10132005.jpg

you might find Howard Bryant's blog amusing

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/redSox/

Tonight, the White Sox are trying to win the whole series in one at-bat. Leading off the third, Rowand ripped a double to right. The ball was bobbled in the corner by Vladimir Guerrero and Rowand took off for third, diving in headfirst while the ball scooted past the third on the outfield side.
But Rowand dusted himself off and broke for the plate, only to be easily erased by Robb Quinlan’s throw to the plate. Ozzie Guillen teaches aggressiveness, but this was dumb. Washburn has been on the ropes tonight. The White Sox would have had a runner on third with nobody out, and wound up killing their own momentum. A.J. Pierzynski struck out and Joe Crede popped up to right.
These guys need to relax.

What is this "Boston" you speak of? Is that some kind of town or city? Do they have a baseball squadron?

Uncle_Patrick
10-13-2005, 02:28 PM
In response to Fenway's post^^^^^, Red Sox fans seem to be 2nd only to Cubs fans in declaring that the White Sox cheated and that baseball, as a whole, is now one giant sham.

Fenway
10-13-2005, 02:29 PM
What is this "Boston" you speak of? Is that some kind of town or city? Do they have a baseball squadron?

We soon will be the lost city of Boston if it keeps raining

Our squadron was doing fine until they ran into some huns from the land of
Potawatomi. We were not prepared for how well the huns would play. They are led by someone known as Ozzie The Great. We will hibernate until spring to lick our wounds.

park looks sad

http://wwc.instacam.com/instacamImg/fenwy/10082005/100820050950_s.jpg

Norberto7
10-13-2005, 02:44 PM
...a loss is a lass...

Hmmmmm....three more losses wouldn't sound so bad anymore.

TimoPerez
10-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Hmmmmm....three more losses wouldn't sound so bad anymore.

Three lasses for the Angels would be okay too...I didn't even notice my spelling error until now.

Norberto7
10-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Three lasses for the Angels would be okay too...I didn't even notice my spelling error until now.

Yeah, not a bad consolation prize. But I'll bet you could get at least five lasses with a World Series ring. :cool:

TimoPerez
10-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah, not a bad consolation prize. But I'll bet you could get at least five lasses with a World Series ring. :cool:

:) Whatever...As long as the Sox win!:tongue:

Dick Allen
10-13-2005, 03:03 PM
The only thing "diminished" is the size of that girl's brain.

socko82
10-13-2005, 04:44 PM
The East Coast Media that's acting like this is the worst call in the history of the game are the same one's who made Jeffrey Maier a hero when he obviously interfered with a fly ball in the LCS in 1996 helping the Yankees to the pennant. No one ever said that title was tainted. Every team that wins gets a large number of breaks through out the season, we caught a break in the LCS..that's it. This selective self-rightousness is nauseating but not surprising.

Angel fans have every right to be upset and complain .... everybody else should just shut the hell up because if it was their team involved they sure wouldn't be calling it tainted!

A_ROW33
10-13-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm too buisy Choking to death to feel tainted.

TommyJohn
10-13-2005, 05:12 PM
The East Coast Media that's acting like this is the worst call in the history of the game are the same one's who made Jeffrey Maier a hero when he obviously interfered with a fly ball in the LCS in 1996 helping the Yankees to the pennant. No one ever said that title was tainted. Every team that wins gets a large number of breaks through out the season, we caught a break in the LCS..that's it. This selective self-rightousness is nauseating but not surprising.

Angel fans have every right to be upset and complain .... everybody else should just shut the hell up because if it was their team involved they sure wouldn't be calling it tainted!

I can't believe my eyes! For this post or the whole thread! I'm seeing.....
logic! Common sense! Brains! No east coast hyperventilating!

No, I take that back. I CAN believe it.

By the way, does anybody here know that the Mets won game 4 of the 1969
World Series on a controversial call? And that it involved an ex-White Sox
catcher? has anyone in the east coast media ever frothed that the "Miracle
Mets" were a bit "tarnished"? Screw the east coast media.

Vernam
10-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Is the win tainted? It's been left out at room temperature for about 18 hours now, so if it hasn't gone bad yet, it probably will by dinnertime. Better eat it before it turns, as my mother used to say.

I enjoyed that LA Times column that roasted Josh Paul for not having the sense to tag AJ. A bazillion replays show that he almost certainly caught the ball, but the mere fact that they've had to show a bazillion replays is ample proof that he was a fool not to apply the cautionary tag.

I also loved the replay from earlier in the game that showed AJ tagging someone (Anderson, maybe) after a swinging third strike when the ball had come nowhere close to hitting the ground. Our catcher is the kind of guy every team needs, and there aren't many like him left in the game. But if he didn't have a reputation for mischief, the controversy would have been half as intense.

If it was an act of gamesmanship by AJ, then Paul's tossing the ball was, too. The ump seemed very uncertain of the catch until Paul flipped the ball toward the mound. That's when Eddings gave his premature (as it turned out) fist signal, prompted by what Paul did. If AJ was bluffing, then you could make the case that Paul was, too. Either way, he got burned for being nonchalant, which is an adjective no one ever applied to our catcher.

We'll learn a lot more about both teams by how they respond to this.

Vernam

IowaSox1971
10-13-2005, 05:15 PM
No way is this victory "tainted."

As people in this thread already have noted, the Angels did not decide to give back their Game 5 win over the Yankees after they greatly benefited from a very questionable out-of-the-baseline call against Robinson Cano. That call against Cano is almost never made, even when guys are way out of the baseline, and I'm not sure if Cano was even out of the baseline anyhow.

And, again, the East Coast media seem to forget the Patriots benefiting from the ridiculous tuck rule call and the Yankees being greatly helped by the Jeffrey Maier infraction. The Patriots' game would have been over if the officials had called the Brady fumble correctly. And the Yankees got a gift homer for Jeter when it obviously should not have been a homer. All the White Sox MIGHT have gotten was a break that gave them a man on first and two outs. It wasn't like they received a gift homer or definitely would have lost the game without this call.

Josh Paul blew it. Catchers at all levels are taught to tag the runner on any pitch anywhere near the ground. He didn't do his job. And A.J. learned from a similar mistake last season (I saw the replay of that 2004 incident on ESPN), so give A.J. credit.

Then give Ozuna credit for stealing the base. Then give Crede credit for getting the winning hit.

gogochisox1917
10-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Ummmm...NO!!! (to both questions) The ump did his job. Pierzynski did his job. The catcher failed. The LAA's lost. End of story.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-13-2005, 05:33 PM
I feel "tainted" and "diminished" for having lost a full minute off my life, utterly wasted reading something as inane and foolish as this dope's opinion about anything.

Shame on you for posting a link to this crap.

:cool:

MarySwiss
10-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Was it "tainted?" Do I feel "diminished?"

I'd love to feel this "diminished" just seven more times! :D:

WSoxFanForever
10-14-2005, 01:57 PM
All I've heard or seen all day (radio, ESPN, news) you'd think the Sox pulled another Black Sox, and they've brought THAT up to. Is anyone bummed about how this win will be perceived if we win the World Series? I'm very angry at the way this has been slanted. It does seem like everyone is now hoping the Sox will lose. How do you feel about this? Does it bother you? I admit I'm angry that other fans may see this as a tainted WS win if we get there. I can only imagine how loud and horrible the fans in Calif. will be tonight.

sas1974
10-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Nope. Not an ounce of guilt about this one. A win is a win. If we do win it all and anyone has the nerve to claim it is tainted, they can kiss our......shiny World Series rings.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Why the hell should the White Sox feel "tainted?"
:?:

It wasn't our manager who brought in his third-string catcher to botch the ninth inning. And it wasn't our hitter who was too confused to mistaken "strike three" with "out."

It was our utility player who stole second base uncontested. And it was our thirdbasemen who ripped a cookie served on a 0-2 pitch from their star relief pitcher to drive in the winning run.

Gimme a ****ing break with this **** already...
:o:

FarWestChicago
10-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Is anyone bummed about how this win will be perceived if we win the World Series?If I gave a flying **** about what complete idiots think, yes. However, that isn't the case. :redneck

davenicholson
10-15-2005, 05:28 PM
The only thing I feel diminished about is my inability to reach through the damned TV and grab Jeanne Zelasko by her fat jowls and rip her ugly head off. Why doesn't she wear an Angels hat and eliminate what little mystery there is about which team she is for?

Thanks. I feel better now.

Dick Allen
10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
The only thing I feel diminished about is my inability to reach through the damned TV and grab Jeanne Zelasko by her fat jowls and rip her ugly head off. Why doesn't she wear an Angels hat and eliminate what little mystery there is about which team she is for?

Thanks. I feel better now.In the pre-game tonight, the "woman" referred to the dropped third strike incident as "an atrocity". Loser.

Jerome
10-16-2005, 01:56 AM
I personally did not enjoy it as much as a usual win. I just kinda wanted them to win without controversy. But hey, the Graffanino game felt a little tainted to me too.

My contention was that you just hate to see a wrong call have such a big outcome on the game, win or lose. Ozzie should be an honorable competitor and insist that the Sox win 5 games this series, not 4.

voodoochile
10-16-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm getting more and more diminished by the day. It does not suck to be me. I'm just hoping I can get fully tainted by the end of this postseason that will truly rock...

:gulp:

jabrch
10-16-2005, 02:13 AM
I'm getting more and more diminished by the day. It does not suck to be me. I'm just hoping I can get fully tainted by the end of this postseason that will truly rock...

:gulp:

Yeah - I feel really bad about that win...

TornLabrum
10-16-2005, 06:17 AM
Yeah - I feel really bad about that win...

I fee so dirty about that win, and last night's too.

PeteWard
10-16-2005, 07:45 AM
In the No Man is an Island sonnet John Donne wrote "Each man's death diminishes me."

Well, maybe. But it diminishes HIM a damn sight more than it does ME.

And if it's the Angels, well...

Good.