PDA

View Full Version : More ESPN Sloppy Analysis

infohawk
10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
ESPN's Page 2 column includes an iffy proposition and and incorrect scenario. To be fair, the column does contain some right-on-the-money analysis, but these guys need to be a bit more careful.

Eric:(1) Heck of a play by A.J. Pierzynski (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6109). Seriously heads-up. If he doesn't push the issue, we're not talking about any of this and the Sox are down 0-2;

How can this guy just assume the Sox would have lost the game? He could justify saying that the Sox may have been down 0-2, but his statement is definitive.

Eric: I wonder why Scioscia didn't try a pitchout in that situation -- Ozuna stole on an 0-2 count.

O.K., a minor quibble, but it fits a broader pattern of national coverage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember it being an 0-1 count and Crede took a pretty good pitch to bring the count to 0-2. I know this isn't the biggest deal in the world, but aren't these guys paid to accurately report on this stuff? Maybe they need Tivo!!!

Corlose 15
10-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Correct, Crede took the 0-1 pitch while Ozuna stole second base.

schmitty9800
10-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Those chuckleheads are better at analyzing a postgame news confrence
Eric: I thought the umps, and especially the umpiring supervisor guy, were defensive, unconvincing, and generally weak, in their comments just aired on ESPN. David: Do you think Eddings needs to come out and say, "I watched the replay. I blew the call." Or does he stick to his guns and turn it on the Angels, saying they still had the chance to complete the play?
Than at analyzing an actual baseball game.