PDA

View Full Version : White Sox radio question

Trav
10-13-2005, 12:01 PM
With Rooney leaving and Farmer taking on the PBP duties who is the leading candidates for the color guy? Do they have a time table on when they will announce it? How long is Dave Wills' contract with the D-Rays? Thanks and sorry if it has been talked about all ready. I did a quick search but it turned up nothing.

GoGoGoGo
10-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Honestly, it could be Kermit the Frog for all I care at this point. I just want to win win win. Even Ed Farmer's nonsense won't bother me if we're in the World Series next week.

As for real guesses, John Cangelosi.

miker
10-13-2005, 12:07 PM
It has been discussed, but those threads have been buried deep in the bowels of the forum.

But you can get a whole bunch of interesting posts by suggesting it should be Mike North.:o:

Trav
10-13-2005, 02:45 PM
I wasn't really asking for what people wanted because I figured that has been done to death. I was just wondering if anyone has heard any news.

leetsox
10-13-2005, 03:30 PM
nope havent heard a thing

StrTrkker
10-13-2005, 03:48 PM
During the Sox rally a couple of weeks back one of the local news channels interviewed Ron Kittle and asked him what his future plans were ie: book writing, coaching and then asked theres talk he may take over the color on the Sox broadcast. He did say that there was a possibilty.

I would rather see Kittle, Black Jack, Ventura or most ex-Sox player but heaven help us...NOT Mike North.

chitownhawkfan
10-13-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm afraid it might be PSYCHO Lyons, I personally wouldn't mind North. "MY GUY Joe Crede!"

kitekrazy
10-13-2005, 05:08 PM
It has been discussed, but those threads have been buried deep in the bowels of the forum.

But you can get a whole bunch of interesting posts by suggesting it should be Mike North.:o:

North has a chance in hell. You have to be a real homer to land that job.

HotelWhiteSox
10-13-2005, 05:20 PM
North has a chance in hell. You have to be a real homer to land that job.

It doesn't hurt when you're in good with the team's and you basically run the station that's broadcasting the games and hiring the commentators

CHEESESOXER
10-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I can't et Sox games on radio up here in cheeseland.

What station does the games and, is there a computer link where I might be able to listen?

How about satellite radio?

Trav
10-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Sox games are on ESPN 1000 for this year but next year they are switching to WCSR 670. I don't live in Chicago so I bought XM at the beginning of spring training. I really enjoy it although, no matter who they get to join Ed Farmer in the booth next year it will be a significant drop off because of how good John Rooney is. It is a shame that they can't come to terms.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Honestly, I think Kittle's not a bad choice. McDowell would be alright, but we don't need 2 pitchers in the booth. Kittle's impressing me with his knowledge on the post-game shows. I can listen to that story about his steal sign a million times and still laugh.

SoxFanTillDeath
10-14-2005, 11:17 AM
It really doesn't matter to me. Whoever it is will be doing it for only a year, because the year after that Dave Wills' contract is up with TB and he'll be here doing PBP with Farmer either retiring or moving back to commentary. Hopefully the former and not the latter.

CHEESESOXER
10-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Sox games are on ESPN 1000 for this year but next year they are switching to WCSR 670. I don't live in Chicago so I bought XM at the beginning of spring training. I really enjoy it although, no matter who they get to join Ed Farmer in the booth next year it will be a significant drop off because of how good John Rooney is. It is a shame that they can't come to terms.

Do you mean that I could get the Sox games on satellite radio?

Erik The Red
10-16-2005, 11:00 AM
It really doesn't matter to me. Whoever it is will be doing it for only a year, because the year after that Dave Wills' contract is up with TB and he'll be here doing PBP with Farmer either retiring or moving back to commentary. Hopefully the former and not the latter.
Wills would be an absolutely PERFECT fit. He'd be the only guy that could do the job anywhere near as well as Rooney.

harwar
10-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Speaking of the White Sox on the radio,where is all the White Sox talk?
All i can ever find is hockey and football talk.You would never know that the White Sox are so close to you know what.:?: